• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Does anyone else miss the old fashioned ways of re?

Brookehair

Ive been playing re2 and it really makes me realize just how good the old school games really are

T-Virus Injected

You don't realize how much you miss some of the old-school RE elements until you really play 4 and 5. I miss mansions, zombies, how all of them before 4 took place either at night, it's raining, or some other type of weather effect was involved.

I miss the cheesy voice acting most:

[Giving Jill Acid Rounds for her bazooka]
Jill: Barry, aren't you supposed to be in the other wing?
Barry: I know, but I found this weapon. It's really powerful, especially against living things!
Jill: Thanks Barry!

Wesker's_heir

The Heir of Albert Wesker
I miss the old ones as well. Zombies aren't supposed to have chainguns, rocket launchers (except Nemesis), AK-47s, and chainsaws like they do in 4 and 5! The only zombie things in those were the regenerators in 4 and the lickers in 5! I WANT ZOMBIES! NOT MAJINIS AND GANADOS!

Mr Sunshine

T-Virus Injected;71423 said:
I miss the cheesy voice acting most:

[Giving Jill Acid Rounds for her bazooka]
Jill: Barry, aren't you supposed to be in the other wing?
Barry: I know, but I found this weapon. It's really powerful, especially against living things!
Jill: Thanks Barry!

Wesker: That's right. This is the ultimate life form, Tyrant!
Chris: Ohohohaha!
Wesker: Chris?
Chris: Hahahaha!
Wesker: Stop it!
Chris: Wesker, you're pitiful. This is your savior? You say this failure is your savior?

:lol:

Wesker's_heir said:
! The only zombie things in those were the regenerators in 4 and the lickers in 5!

You know I was wondering. Since lickers have the T-virus, why doesn't it spread in RE 5? :confused:

Wesker's_heir

The Heir of Albert Wesker
Since lickers have the T-virus, why doesn't it spread in RE 5?>>> because Capcom would have had to put boring old regular zombies in 5. and that would have "ruined all the action"

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
hells no that would have not ruined all the action.
zombies should mutate into fast zombies, that would be action enough.

PsychoJill

I really miss the old school RE feeling that apparently died after the RE remake. Zero was ok but it was just flat out boring, I never finished 4 because it didn't even resemble a RE game. RE5 was alright not very RE like but I wanted to end the main story so I played and finished it.

Hopefully with RE6 Capcom will finally go back to what made RE famous to begin with, Survival Horror not cheap action thrills.

Brookehair

I was kind of hoping that resident evil afterlife was going to continue with atleast the story they were going with until i see they were using the uroboros "zombies" and the executioner..... re5 was such a disapointment... Oh well i guess all we really can do is play the old school games. But still even a re2 remake would be nice, as long as they keep the ORIGINAL storyline.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
I remember reading someone (I think it was in a gamer mag) that the RE6 game was going to be going back to the old fashion RE games. Like, they'd have the whole opening door scene and going up the stairs (you know, that creepy feeling of not know what was going to be behind the door or up the stairs when all you saw was a black screen and the door or stairs you were going through or up). I'm really hoping this is true. You obviously cant believe everything you read in mags. But anyways...I MISS THE OLD GAMES! RE4 sucked to me, as did RE5 (which is why I know nothing about the monster dudes in RE5) to me, once they lost the flesh eating, moaning, creepy, decoring zombies, they lost my intrest.

Rammlied

I do miss those old day's thank god i have them for PC :D have RE4 for the Wii and RE5 for Xbox :D but i would love to see the series go back to the roots or make it old school and when you aim down your sights the cam can pull in to Shoulder view

Jess

when I first time played re4 I was totally disappointed that they changed the game style the only reason I kept on playing 4,5 is that it's resident evil

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i was excited at first to see a change, then as i continued into the game i realised it had been taken too far in the wrong direction and i didnt like it,.

GazSi

Yeah i do,

Barry: Jill you're here too
Jill: Yes You're here to
Barry: Look err, i lost my way
Jill: Lets get going!

LOL

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I like RE4 and RE5 a lot, but I feel that the series has fallen into the action genre rather than horror genre and I really miss the old days of RE. I hope RE6 brings RE back to its roots.

jw1322

Of course! the original re games had something about them that was just wonderful. the setting, the music, the puzzles. I would love to see something like it again, i just worry if the experience could really be reproduced properly. nostalgia definitely plays a big part for me too though...

Top Bottom