• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you remember... your first time? :P

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
well the first Real Scary game i ever played was actualy the First Tomb Raider for PSX, Those Wolves scared the crap out of me, i was like 8. then i got RE3 and Nemi Compleatly scared me and i actualy died

Rollin6z

The first time I played RE was when it first came out when I was in high school. I didn't realize you had to hold R1 to aim your gun and I swear I pushed everything I thought I thunk of. I went to bring it back and the Chinese dude gave me the manual and an extra day. I loved it. I smited it. I've played it ever since. But need a Wii with all the GC games.

rocklikebrucelee

RE0 was my first Resident Evil game. :p I played it around the time it came out (like 2002, i think...) at a neighboor's house. I was Rebecca, and the first time the zombies attack (when you barely enter the train), I was killed. So I turned off the gamecube, and started watching TV, feeling horrified!
Later, I watched my older cousin beat it. I watched as he picked up better weapons and actually survived... so I was inspired to do the same. Instead of RE0, I picked up RE3 and beat it. I loved the game, so I then rented REmake, and beat it. I was hooked ever since!
I then played/beat RE:CVX(woo!), RE0(woo!!!), RE4(regenerators were the only awesome enemies), RE:UC(brings back memories!), RE2 (the gamecube version)[i actually got to play this rare game!], and then RE5(No. Just...No.). In that order. :D

mastermind

i think the first one that i played was RE1 when i was 5 while at my babysitters house and my sister scared me later that night by putting ketchup all over herr face and it was in the dark and i was afraid of the dark and i really did crap and pi*s myself :(

teal27

Aw man! I would never have lasted if I was 5 years old and watching Resident Evil. Bah!

I've known the Resident Evil storyline and characters for awhile. My introduction to the games themselves was through RE4, although I was watching someone else play. It grossed me out more than once, but the story was very interesting. After that, I read up on the whole story at Wikipedia and RE fansites.

Then I watched Degeneration.

And finally, the only RE game I've actually played and owned is 5. It's got just the right amount of creepiness to it, without scaring the crap out of me. :D I'm working on getting my "S" ranks in Normal right now.
I doubt I'll play any of the others, but I might watch others play. ha ha. Amazing how when I'm not the one holding the controller, it doesn't seem nearly so disturbing. :p

wpstudart

My first RE was Code veronica X, my cousin gave me in my birthday. After that, I started playing them all : P

mastermind

haha ya that was the first time i played it after that about 4 years later i played RE2 for the first time cause one of my dads friends was into the series
the first RE game i owned was RE:CV and i stayed up till 2 in the morning at the age of 9 playing it and screaming at the TV screen every time a bandersnatch come from now where

Thomas

RE2 was my first (although I had played Alone in the Dark, the game were Capcom got all his nice ideas from). We played the game at night with 6 friends. I bought the survival guide and one of us was guiding me through the game, while the others watched us like seeing a horror movie. everyone really was sucked into the game and it was really intense! After that we all went to the woods (we lived in a small town) and went to a abandoned house in the hills and scared ourselves like hell.

What a memorable time that was. Thanks to RE2.

Love Claire and Leon. Still my most favorite RE.

iNFiN1TY

RE1.

It was with a mate of mine, we where young.. and scared ****less, we played until the sun came up.. wonderful times. After that we became a fan thruout the whole series, now i got every RE out on every platform & i got allot of colletables, its part of my life. :p

Also funny was, we always talked about 'what if' haha

what would 'we' do..

fun.

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
My first time was with Re 2 . XD
When my brother bought it in second hand, i could only dare to watch. I remember trying to play bits and pieces but i was always shaking! XD
So, only last year, after i got my Ps3, i dared to play it again and it was piece of cake.
A walkthrough wasn´t even needed,cause i still remembered every detail from when i used to watch my bro play.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I thought I had posted in this thread but I guess I didn't. My first time was RE1 and at first I only watched my dad play. But then I got curious and tada! A RE fan was born, at the age of six. I still can't watch the "May I help you?" zombie cutscene at the beginning though.....still creeps me out.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Every time I see the title of this thread I think 'ya, it was a black guy whose name I cannot recall'. ;)

And then I realized it's not about that and the last post was made five years ago. Evil Yuna, please do not bump old threads. You've been asked to stop before. Please contact me directly if you don't understand or otherwise have questions.

Ganado

Floundering in the savage doorway
My first PS1 came with a bunch of discs (no manuals), and RE1 was in and amongst. I'd heard the hype so was busting to give it a go but without a manual (and in the days before internet, for me anyway) it was hopeless, I literally had no idea what to do and soon become bored of being munched by the first zombie. That was me done with survival horror until last year when I happened upon Silent Hill 4, fell in love with the series and having worked my way through the games decided to try RE again. 4 was going nice and cheap (paid a fiver for it), fell immediately in love with it and now have seemingly thousands of RE titles to work through. Bring 'em on!

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
The first survival horror I played was silent hill 4 the room
But first reaidentevil game was RE5

I used to watch my dad play them and much to my embarrassment: I used to be banned from watching him play because they used to give me nightmares xD
Many years later I had an Xbox and decided to purchase re5
By this point I had seen snippets and stuff from re4 and umbrella chronicals ect and I was a bit sceptical on the direction the series had headed.
I enjoyed the 5th game, I didn't really count it as a horror experience but I considered it a personal achievement nonetheless.
Afterwards I felt brave enough to tackle those which had beat me in the battles many years before.
I started with the first game, was heading through it, trying to conserve ammo as possible and eventually was starting to do great...until the hunters appeared.
Any enemy that can insta kill you always scares me. Oh yeah I didn't mention that I always got someone else to kill reapers in re5 if I didn't have a rocket launcher.

Anyway I moved on to re2, then re3 and re4 and the rest.

I never played outbreaks unfortunately and I had no desire to play Darkside chronicals or survivor.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Holy sh!t, I don't think I even remember my first survival horror game. I'll make sure I edit this post when I do, but I'm just at a loss for words in not remembering my first experience playing a game in my favourite genre of video games.

Redxplatinum

Well my first survival horror game was Obscure for the PS2. My first Resident Evil game was Resident Evil 4 and started liking the series. Then went on to play CVX, Outbreak, REmake, RE2, RE0 until finally RE5 came out.

CoreySi

The first RE game I ever played was RE4. My cousin had RE4 and I would go over to his house and play it with him and after that I kinda forgot about the series. This year I started getting into RE alot more so I bought RE1, RE2, RE3, and, RE4. Just beat RE4 for the first time, planning on getting RE5 and the next day or so.

egregious zombiemasher

F.O.S solo KAT
So there i was, standing in a clueless manner at the cyber-games shop trying to figure out *what should i pick!?....dammit* because of the limited papers in my pocket, lolz and it was that vary moment when i got my hands on the shiny RE4 and Voilà!! the rest is history.

Zero

I must have been about 8 years old when I played the first RE. I loved it but dear god I couodnt sleep for weeks. That first zombie gave me constant nightmares. I actually have it tattooed on my leg.

In my early teenage years I started playing nemesis and walking home from my friends house at night after a nemesis session at night I was terrified. I was convinced he was going to jump out and attack me. I also have nemesis tattooed on me.

Top Bottom