• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you like short games?

potato

I mean games that you can play from start til finish during free times. Maybe between 45 minutes to 2-3 hours.

I still remember last time during 8-16bit era, especially the famicom system where most games are pretty short and you need to play it in 1 sittings.

You know they are short, you know every spot with secret mushrooms, stars etc, know every short cuts and where every enemy are. You know you've probably finished it 100 times, Yet you can keep playing it over and over and it just doesn't get old or bored. You play it to relax & have real fun.

I missed those days. Games nowadays are just too time consuming & stressful, i really hate it when the Japanese Game makers start making tons of side quest, unlockables that requires you to play a lengthly game over & over since the PSOne era, and which spawned the modern even more useless trophy & achievement thing. I'm not sure people who play games nowadays play for fun or for the achievements... man i miss those NES & SNES era.

BTW my all time favourite is Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers from Famicom System. If you guys have kids it's a must to have them play it! Throw them off the cliff or into a mosquito if you have to, in game of course.

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
yeah sure, i enjoy short games when im bored or too lazy to play anything else, fun as hell

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I got 100% on Crash Bandicoot 2 one time in one play tru. Played tru that game so many times so I knew where all the secret stuff was. Can't remember it all now tho lol.

Facebook games can be fun too. I usually play them for like 5 - 10 mins.

MissDomino

Premium
I grew up with a Megadrive. Those days I thought Thunder Force 4 was a long game. Keeping the console on for that long made the adapter hot enough to fry an egg on it. Oh and who could forget TMNT Hyperstone Heist. Used to play that co-op with my brother so many times when I was younger.
Ah... those were the days.

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
I got 100% on Crash Bandicoot 2 one time in one play tru. Played tru that game so many times so I knew where all the secret stuff was. Can't remember it all now tho lol.

Facebook games can be fun too. I usually play them for like 5 - 10 mins.

happened to me with re3, i know everything about it, so i need just an hour maybe a lil more to win lolol
btw, havent seen you in bf3 lately, hit me up so we can play bro

L

Lurker
Games nowadays are just too time consuming & stressful, i really hate it when the Japanese Game makers start making tons of side quest, unlockables that requires you to play a lengthly game over & over since the PSOne era, and which spawned the modern even more useless trophy & achievement thing.
Stop playing JRPG's then. Anyway, my favorite short game is Mirrors Edge. I can run through it in around 4 hours or so.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
happened to me with re3, i know everything about it, so i need just an hour maybe a lil more to win lolol
btw, havent seen you in bf3 lately, hit me up so we can play bro

I've been on it a lot since armored kill came out (for non premium members lol).

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
It all depends on the game... I like AMY. but I don't like Gaiden.

Usually I dont care how long the game is as long as it aint to much money

L

Lurker
It all depends on the game... I like AMY. but I don't like Gaiden.

Usually I dont care how long the game is as long as it aint to much money
I'm not trying to flame you down or anything, but sometimes it's best to save some money. Don't get me wrong, Lost Planet is like 5 dollars at gamestop, and it is an amazing game. But ordinarily, if a game is well selling or rare (aka well selling enough for there to be few copies in circulation), it costs a helluva lot of money. Persona 3 and 4 are prime examples of this: both are Ps2 games, both are nearing the 5 year mark, but both cost 40 dollars.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
It depends on rather I like a short game or not, but out of most of the times I wouldn't. My main complaint from short games is because of the obvious reason for them being short, when a game is short I'll instantly call the game lazyly made (Unless it was supposed to be short. Like DeadLight, while it was 5 hours long, I can see why because it's an XBLA game and most XBLA games are short.) and I'll call them a waste of my money because of that (If I had a choice of a game between 2 games, both costed the same and both were the great, but one was 4 hours and the other was 20 hours, I'm going to go with the 20 hour long game because I'm going to get more content, I'm going to be entertained more, and I'm going to be replaying it more.).

AgentZero

I'm not trying to flame you down or anything, but sometimes it's best to save some money. Don't get me wrong, Lost Planet is like 5 dollars at gamestop, and it is an amazing game. But ordinarily, if a game is well selling or rare (aka well selling enough for there to be few copies in circulation), it costs a helluva lot of money. Persona 3 and 4 are prime examples of this: both are Ps2 games, both are nearing the 5 year mark, but both cost 40 dollars.
Yes but I get alot of money so I usually dont have to save...

L

Lurker
Yes but I get alot of money so I usually dont have to save...
Then what's the point of buying cheap games? Quality over quantity. Unless, of course, you suffer from a sort of narcissism in which you feel the need to buy as many games as possible to be at the top of the gamerscore leaderboards.

AgentZero

Then what's the point of buying cheap games? Quality over quantity. Unless, of course, you suffer from a sort of narcissism in which you feel the need to buy as many games as possible to be at the top of the gamerscore leaderboards.
I understand your point... My problem is I get bored of EVERY game VERY easy. perhaps its because I'm not buying good games...

@Fem.
I'm sorry if it seemed it was going downhill.

L

Lurker
I understand your point... My problem is I get bored of EVERY game VERY easy. perhaps its because I'm not buying good games...
Doubtful. Everyone plays games for different reasons. Perhaps for you it's just the joy of winning.

Top Bottom