• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 DLC Out Today

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Some of you lot make it sound proper crap
just standing there shooting at each other haha

I watced a few you tube videos, besides being all to do with mercs mode it looks okay. shame about nothing new at all like guns or costumes, capcom is f-cking lazy

ferrari0266

It is just like mercenaries mode. Except you will be killing other players. In my opinion, it does not worth $5.

Godammlover

The mode isn't worth 5$, or whatever it costs in different countries. The size is only like, what? 1 / 2MB bit which I think. It's already on the disc and that is just some crappy little patch you have to download to fix all the bugs, etc.

My opinion, don't buy it whats the point? I have more ideas on how to spend a fiver. Then again, if your a child who wants to be disappointed. Buy it by all means, for myself. Mercaneries Mode all the way.

MoleMan

So apparently everyone on here is complaining about the cost and relatively close relationship to Mercs that the new DLC poses to Resident Evil 5. Is this DLC worth the money? Absolutely, take it from one who has bought it.

This new DLC is something that has never been tried on a Res game, and in my opinion brought ResEvil to the next-gen games. It does seem like Mercs alot at first, but isn't that exactly what all other games' online are? Was Capcom obligated to make something crappy that was new, or something good that was just an enhancement? People have yet to realize the actual value of this DLC.

Now on to the actual DLC itself. You get basically 4 NEW game modes for right around 5 bucks. Honestly, you're not going to miss those 5 bucks when you buy it. It adds more depth and achievements to the games, and lets you show off those handy Wesker unlocks (heh heh). Not only that, but the entire online Slayers is basically a giant "Zombie Holocaust" (NOTE: Please don't get offended by this analogy) where two teams take on each other in a shoot out against zombies...and you can kill each other not to mention. Now obviously the game has a few drawbacks, such as a seemingly OHKO with a shotgun to regular zombies. But the game implementation is great.

CapCom released something that Epic failed to...Lobbys. (at least in gears 2). The DLC takes advantage of showing you several lobbys with various players in them. You pick your game type you want to play, the game shows you which lobbys are open and voila! you're playing. It's hardcore fun for the hardcore gamer.

All in all, I highly recommend this DLC. Don't let cost turn you off on this fun multiplayer zombie raping action. :D

Hoady

http://kotaku.com/5202917/rumor-resident-evil-5s-versus-mode-was-yes-on-the-disc-all-along
Yeah it was already on the disk...............

rambo2.jpg

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
It's definitely not for the competitive. The best player doesn't always win. You can get the most kills and highest combo and still come in dead last by a mile. Trust me, it happened to me. If you just feel like screin' around for a little while, recommended; if you're hoping to beat down on some noobs and make a few scrubs cry... you'll miss every cent you spent buying it.

Hoady

You know when i start earning money and buy resident evil 5 if alot of people play i really have to give it a go i mean i remember me an friend ages go said how cool it would be if Resident Evil 4 was coop and versus on gamecube.I think i'm taking for granted what i said but that was along time ago if alot of people are playing hell yeah i just don't want to end up in alot of laggy games and searching for ages also not many of my mates have xbox live.

Jill

why isn't hunk in the versus characters there just the same thats silly i really wanted more characters for versus mode

SkyChat

Jill;33443 said:
why isn't hunk in the versus characters there just the same thats silly i really wanted more characters for versus mode

I wanted something original, refreshing or maybe something new.

Uroboros

The Bonus Feature points are difficult to achieve in high numbers.
-900-1,500 points for completing a campaign mission
-0-3000 points for completing Mercenaries (I was capable of getting an S rank on Mercenaries with Sheva Tribal all by myself in the bus of Public Assembly, but it gets boring after a few times)
-0-3000 points on Versus

When you need 10,000, 15,000 or even 50,000 for Wesker these points are relatively hard to get.

SkyChat

Jill;33529 said:
here same here they should of put more then the same characters

They could have launched a DLC with more costumes, weapons, maps and whatever more.

CapCom is lazy.

Top Bottom