• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Anyone Else hate RE3

sliced-bread-no2

Yeah, that's a good way of looking at it.

RE2 was super easy. RE3 only had a puzzle or two that really stumped me and made my run take longer, but I didn't find it too difficult.

RE3 had less puzzles, but that bloody water sample puzzle in the waste management facility drove me around the bend. I thought that was a solid puzzle.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
RE3 had less puzzles, but that bloody water sample puzzle in the waste management facility drove me around the bend. I thought that was a solid puzzle.

Oh yeah, that one was really good, and time consuming, but it also made sense. Remember the one in the gas station, where you just press buttons randomly? I hated that one, but not as much as the one with the stones in the Clock Tower, Obsidian, Crystal, and Amber I think.

But yeah, the water sample puzzle, I had taken pictures, via my phone, of the finished puzzle, there are like 3 different ones, so that I didn't have to keep redoing them for so long.:)

That was also because I was doing the 8 runs on Hard in order to unlock all the Epilogues.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
8 runs on hard to unlock the epilouges? Wanna fill me in, for i missed that one...

Okay, in RE3, when you complete the game on Hard mode, you unlock one of the Epilogues. There are 8 Epilogues, so 8 runs to get them all.

There's one for Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Barry, Ada, HUNK & Sherry. I'd post them, but I'm feeling lazy. You can look them up if you like, or unlock them in RE3. Anyway, they all just show what happens to the survivors of the Raccoon City Incident. For instance, it shows Leon talking to a government agent, it actually says a man claiming to be a government agent, but anyway.

Oh, and they are not videos or anything, but a picture with text over it.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Oh thats cool...idk how i havnt heard about this sooner...but now i have yer another reason to replay RE3...

It's also easier if you have something with infinite ammo. You can do a few Mercs runs to unlock the M4 pretty quicly, with infinite ammo.

codename: HUNK

I think RE3 was the scariest. Nemesis was a badass mofo, and I appreciated the game fr that. Though, I think the soundtrack, gameplay, and overall feel of it was just lacking something I can't quite pinpoint. It didn't feel as satisfying when I was trying to get my RE fix of the day.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think RE3 was the scariest. Nemesis was a badass mofo, and I appreciated the game fr that. Though, I think the soundtrack, gameplay, and overall feel of it was just lacking something I can't quite pinpoint. It didn't feel as satisfying when I was trying to get my RE fix of the day.

Is it because youre playin during the day lol...its real awesome at 1 a.m...

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
when i did my timed run yesterday...i realised playing through how much i actually didnt like it..and the only reason i sat through it was because i had already made the topic, about my timed run..and couldnt back out and not post a time..

its definately bottom of the series for me :(

if you have ever played survivor that is the worst!

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
if you have ever played survivor that is the worst!

I did play survivor but it hardly counts with how bad it is, and it's not even canon.
Re3 is my least favourite from the canon timeline. Although i think back when i made this thread i was playing it to much because i was doing to many speedruns on it.

wesker_awesome

I did play survivor but it hardly counts with how bad it is, and it's not even canon.
Re3 is my least favourite from the canon timeline. Although i think back when i made this thread i was playing it to much because i was doing to many speedruns on it.

yeah, that'd do it. its like a song u don't like anymore cuz u listened to it to much.

aintnoscrub

Premium
yeah, that'd do it. its like a song u don't like anymore cuz u listened to it to much.

It's weird though, i played re2 a whole lot more, did even more speedruns on it but still enjoyed playing through, every single time.
I think it was re3 gameplay, it wasn't very interesting for the police station part , or even the streets.

wesker_awesome

It's weird though, i played re2 a whole lot more, did even more speedruns on it but still enjoyed playing through, every single time.
I think it was re3 gameplay, it wasn't very interesting for the police station part , or even the streets.

thats cuz that is a game that never gets old, like a movie you can watch over and over like tremors

wesker_awesome

True say bra, that film is flipping amazing lol..good comparison.

thanks, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAH, Damn prairey dog burrow"
i still like re nemesis mainly for nemesis and thats it.
and we need another game where main character is jill, we havn't been able to play as her scince re 3

aintnoscrub

Premium
thanks, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAH, Damn prairey dog burrow"
i still like re nemesis mainly for nemesis and thats it.
and we need another game where main character is jill, we havn't been able to play as her scince re 3

But it's not the same now, jill has changed massively. Re1 jill was the best

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
But it's not the same now, jill has changed massively. Re1 jill was the best

Has she? She seems pretty much the same, excluding the hair, etc. I think personality wise, she's still the same.

I doubt the hair thing will be permaneant, if it is, she'll probably dye it back.

Genie

I don't know why but I really do like RE3! Actually it's one of my favorites! ^^ It's very exciting in my opinion.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Perhaps it's because there is someone always chasing you, and when it's not, it's lingering....

Top Bottom