• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Anyone Else hate RE3

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
when i did my timed run yesterday...i realised playing through how much i actually didnt like it..and the only reason i sat through it was because i had already made the topic, about my timed run..and couldnt back out and not post a time..

its definately bottom of the series for me :(

aintnoscrub

Premium
OMG i dunno, i just cant stand it for some reason..
i was so bored playing through it on my previous try :/

i would never play it again i dont think.
unless it was to beat my timed run..and i would have to be very very very bored to do that.

skankfunk

well RE3 is my favorite game & i love that game many times i beat that game

it's fun to play because there is nemesis

NOTE:
if they hate RE3 you are not a fan of RE game
& why they play that game if they hate it :(

aintnoscrub

Premium
so according to you i cant be a resident evil fan cuz i dont like one of them.
and btw.."why they play that game if they hate it" you have to play it to find out you dont like it..
plus i guess i used to think it was okayy, but playing it recently made me realise i dont like it.
im actualy a massive resident evil fan, i love 2..love 4, 1's awesome..code veronica is equally wikid.
but 3's abit poo.

Resident evil 3 just recycles resident evil 2..changes tyrant to nemesis, and sewer sequence to clock tower...the rest is practically identical.

Hollow-Words

I guess you're kinda right^

I never actually played it, but I've seen it quite a few times. I guess whats special about it, is that you get to enhance your bullets and mix gunpowder up. You also get to use an automatic weapon(I think) And I guess it's just to a-sure Jill fans what happened to her after the mansion and the suspension.

L Kennedy

[quote author=iHadeSsS link=topic=590.msg15163#msg15163 date=1225168194]
so according to you i cant be a resident evil fan cuz i dont like one of them.
and btw.."why they play that game if they hate it" you have to play it to find out you dont like it..
plus i guess i used to think it was okayy, but playing it recently made me realise i dont like it.
im actualy a massive resident evil fan, i love 2..love 4, 1's awesome..code veronica is equally wikid.
but 3's abit poo.

Resident evil 3 just recycles resident evil 2..changes tyrant to nemesis, and sewer sequence to clock tower...the rest is practically identical.
[/quote]

but you can also say that re 1 and 2 are almost the same as well. insted of the manison it is the policestation, and there are secret labs in both of the games.

A_Wesker123

The Original
I guess it all comes down to taste.

For example, many people regard Resi 4 as ruining the series with it's new camera etc. I loved the way Resi 4 changed the way you play Resident Evil.

In the end i guess it's just one of those things.

BillyCoenJCR1418

[quote author=A_Wesker123 link=topic=590.msg15175#msg15175 date=1225228262]
I guess it all comes down to taste.

For example, many people regard Resi 4 as ruining the series with it's new camera etc. I loved the way Resi 4 changed the way you play Resident Evil.

In the end i guess it's just one of those things.
[/quote]

Wesker123 is absolutely right... it just depends on taste. People like RE3 and some don't, and U can't really say he's not a RE fan becuz he doesn't like it (LIKE IT DAMIT! LOL JK) Every1 has there own taste in RE games. I love RE4 but I prefer the classic ones instead. I can't really say I have a least favorite RE game in the series, I love every single one equally. And no I don't hate RE3 :)

3d-agent

True....it depends on your taste......my many friends never played any RE game until RE4 and they consider it 1 of the best game they've ever played.

But for me i've played RE-1-2-3-4.. and i like them all...even i can play them whenever i want to. It never hurts me. ;)

And to be RE fan you dont need to love every single game in the series. Its just the 1 that clicks you.

aintnoscrub

Premium
thankyou everyone..i think i should have used a different word..hate seems to strong.
okay i dont hate the game or else i wouldnt still have it..although there something about it, that when i was playing through i just couldnt wait to finish it so i could stop :/

and to settle this, its my least favourite in the series.

aintnoscrub

Premium
i dont think its the short gameplay, like i can complete 2 in 1.15ish, and re1 in 1.21 i think it was, my time is posted in re1 timed run..
feels like im playing a crap version of 2..

SyKotik Cannon

EVERY series has a ****ty game/movie/book to it. i personally havent played RE3 yet (im half way thru 1 and 2) but i plan on playing it soon. but i dont see how it can be that bad if Nemesis is in it ....well playing as a chick does suck alot lol

aintnoscrub

Premium
nemesis is a cool boss, but it doesnt automatically make the game awesome just because he is in it..

playing "as a chick" doesnt suck..jill is just as good as any other character.

ConvictedMP5

Re: Anyone Else hate RE3

RE3 is my favorite of the series i beat it over 60 times (not joking) im bascilly obsessed with that game. its great to play beacuse your in the city but not like in RE2 where your inside the police station almost the whole game. your outside now more monsters its just more scarier and awesome :D

v iBaxter

Rsident Evil 3 i think was on of the best, it was very on edge especially when u knew nemesis was going to come but you dont know when which know when i think about it tehy should do that in future games because it also had the most scares like when he jumps through the police window its things like that which i love and its things like that which could save the series.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

aintnoscrub;15023 said:
i just couldnt wait to finish it so i could stop :/

and to settle this, its my least favourite in the series.
I thought you were a big fan of the old school RE games, and in particular RE3 lol.

This is funny and interesting, I have never heard anyone who do like the old school RE games dislike RE3. :)
And RE3 is the favorite game to alot of people!

This makes me even more qurious about RE3... I'll buy it some day in 3144 when I'm done playing RE4 and the games prior to RE3...

Claire Redfield;15441 said:
RE3 can get boring easily because of the short game play and storyline which doesnt require too much thinking also.
Wouldn't it be more boring if the storyline and gameplay was long?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking

I personally disliked it at first, despite having Jill, Nemesis, being in the city, it just seemed dull...or something?:(

Perhaps it was too easy, but then when I played on Hard, I had really enjoyed it, and it has some of the best and most satisfying extras, Mercs, Epilogues, numerous costumes, etc.:)

Top Bottom