• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Anyone care to explain?

rocklikebrucelee

Why does wesker have a picture of Rebecca in her gym clothes(i mean, a simple graduation picture would've done, no?)???

Was Chris in a band?! (You see a Les Paul next to his desk, as well as a peculiar jacket)

Who is Jill Valantine's boyfriend? Was it Chris' picture on her desk? D: Is it implied that they have something going on?

If Wesker, the commander in chief of S.T.A.R.S., was "killed" in the mansion incident, why was his desk still full of things 2-3 months later?

HELP ME!!! T_T

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
don't read to into these things.
wesker didn't die inthe mansion incident, he brings himself back ti life.
the fact she has a picture of someone, is jusr creating abit of back story for them, so there desks look abit more personal.

He knows that he was not actually killed that's why he put it in quotations.

rocklikebrucelee;46551 said:
Why does wesker have a picture of Rebecca in her gym clothes(i mean, a simple graduation picture would've done, no?)???

Well, it could be for mere fan fun not meant for speculation, or maybe Rebecca could have given it to him. She is a sweet girl, i've been given random photos as invitation of friendship. It could have also been left on there by someone else since Wesker was "dead" during this time.

Was Chris in a band?! (You see a Les Paul next to his desk, as well as a peculiar jacket)

I don't think so, I think he just likes to play the gitar.

Who is Jill Valantine's boyfriend? Was it Chris' picture on her desk? D: Is it implied that they have something going on?

That's easy to think when you're playing a Leon, but when you play as Claire and she saids the same thing, well, she knows what her brother looks like. Leon does not at the time. It might be another guy. And note, it said that it might be her boyfriend, it could have been her hugging her brother or something. But I don't think it's Chris in the picture Jill has on her desk.

If Wesker, the commander in chief of S.T.A.R.S., was "killed" in the mansion incident, why was his desk still full of things 2-3 months later?
Because he was not there to clean it out for one. Im almost certain it was the other remaining STARS members that trashed his desk looking for any information he might have on what happend or what was going to happen.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. ^^

aintnoscrub

Premium
like i said, those things are not meant to be read to far into, its just little details, and im sure if they were to be taken seriously then there would be some sort of explanation.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I imagine Wesker would have files of his employees or something... wasn't his desk in shambles? It could have easily fallen out. I don't know.

Or maybe he was just a creepy dude who liked seeing girls in their gym-wear. Who knows.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Well, maybe. :p I mean, in Wesker's report, he mentions that he found Ada to be of 'some use'. Perhaps, it was the same deal with Rebecca. I mean, she was 18 when she joined STARS I think. That's kinda early to be recruited to such an 'elite' organization. :p

Of course, this is probably all a lie because I'm tired and don't know what I'm talking about. :lol:

aintnoscrub

Premium
oh im sure he found her to be of some use lol
didnt wesker set up the STARS, because he initially he intended them to be pitted against the B.O.Ws so thats why he would have given her that bogus position, because like you said, 18 is to young to be given a position like that

bruno

Chief Researcher
Now that i think of Rebecca and Wesker... Rebecca could be a villian.
She could have carried on Spencer's work, created a T-like virus and somehow there's an outbreak. She is very smart so she could have created very powerful Tyrant-like creatures.
After she survives all the Arcklay stuff, she's scared and unstabilized. Spencer (or maybe wesker) contacts her. She's scared, so she agrees to work for him.
Maybe she doesn't want another outbreak to happen and thinks that, being in the power, she'll never let anything like that happen. She believes Chris and Jill will understand her. Then, they find she's behind the outbreak, etc. In the end, she doesn't die and joins them in the BSAA.
It could possibly have happened before RE5. She could be controlled by Wesker like Jill, or by someone else...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
aintnoscrub;46605 said:
oh im sure he found her to be of some use lol
didnt wesker set up the STARS, because he initially he intended them to be pitted against the B.O.Ws so thats why he would have given her that bogus position, because like you said, 18 is to young to be given a position like that
Haha, that's true. I wonder how they would have met then. :p I think we can safely say they might have been doin' eachother. :lol:

Now that i think of Rebecca and Wesker... Rebecca could be a villian.
She could have carried on Spencer's work, created a T-like virus and somehow there's an outbreak. She is very smart so she could have created very powerful Tyrant-like creatures.
After she survives all the Arcklay stuff, she's scared and unstabilized. Spencer (or maybe wesker) contacts her. She's scared, so she agrees to work for him.
Maybe she doesn't want another outbreak to happen and thinks that, being in the power, she'll never let anything like that happen. She believes Chris and Jill will understand her. Then, they find she's behind the outbreak, etc. In the end, she doesn't die and joins them in the BSAA.
It could possibly have happened before RE5. She could be controlled by Wesker like Jill, or by someone else...
Y'know, Bruno, I had never thought of that. It would actually be an intesting twist if that was the case. I mean, she's such an innocent and naive character- to find out at one point she was kind of on the 'bad side' I think would definitely serve as an awesome twist in the series.

^Me too. As long as they're good.

aintnoscrub;46585 said:
im sure if they were to be taken seriously then there would be some sort of explanation.

Id love to agree, but Capcom really doesn't explain much on anything anymore. And the stuff they do explain they don't explain it properly.

So it's no surprize that even small details are sometimes taken seriously, there's so many things that seem like they implied clues to the future events of the series.

Haha, that's true. I wonder how they would have met then. I think we can safely say they might have been doin' eachother.
Well...She was legal. Lol.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I noticed Chris' jacket up there on the wall too, and I think it is kind of wierd, as that jacket looks like what he was wearing in the RE3 epilogue, yet how could that be if he left it in the STARS office....

Perhaps he had another.:)

rocklikebrucelee

So...Rebecca wanted to be in S.T.A.R.S. so bad that she did Wesker? I see! It all makes sense now! D:
Now wonder Kevin was rejected from S.T.A.R.S.... twice! Because Rebecca wanted in!

aintnoscrub

Premium
wesker just needs abit of female attention thats all.
stuck in the lab with those guys must be frustrating.
so from time to time he may take the chance to perv on the younger members lol

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yeah, I mean- like 013 said, at least she was legal so he wasn't technically a pedo or anything. No need to worry, ResidentZelda! Even Wesker must get some male urges every once and a while- I mean, he was once human, right? :p

^Which is one reason I don't think Excella was always rejected by him.

Who said Wesker was a creepy old perv? Just because he might have dated a younger woman doesn't make him a perv. Plenty of young girls prefer older, stronger, and more reliable males. But anyways...

Top Bottom