• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A new resident evil game is in the work?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

I am not perturbed by playing a different age than what I am. I am 32 right now - equally distant from 12 and 52. And when I play as Kratos in God of War, I love the feeling of using his age and wisdom and brutality. And when I play as Clementine is The Walking Dead Telltale series, I love playing as a young woman with a knack for survival and learning to be a badass.

I suppose you could argue that these protagonists are younger than what we have seen in the typical RE game - but Claire was only 19 when we first met her. And Rebecca was 18ish?

I don't mind character ages - but I would like to avoid too many cliche archetypes if possible.
The age is not the problem at least for me, but that orribile character design...
Just look at them they have no charismatic design

Last edited by a moderator:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I definitely get what you two are saying. In all honesty I don't mind playing younger characters, Claire's one of my favorite characters in the series and, as pointed out, is still technically a teenager in RE2. I know its not anything new to have younger characters within the story that you get to play as and most of them I actually love as characters (Moira, Sherry, Natalia. Even looking past the REverse, Silent Hill's Heather Mason is one of my favorite female game characters and she was only 17 or 18. I also adored playing a young Nathan Drake in the Uncharted games and of course Ellie in TLoU).

My main annoyance comes from the possibility that they are major characters in the next numbered title RE game. It falls under the issues that I had with RE7 having brand new [bland] characters. I get that there isn't much to go off of with these pictures though but its just a running thought that crossed my mind after seeing them. Like you said, @Albertwesker959 , there's nothing charismatic about their design.

Last edited:

PinkHerb

Healing Item
TBH, i'm not really confident in the characters either...they look so silly, its like looking at models for Dead Rising.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I have 0 excitement for this game. Capcom trying to do something new when they haven't fully won everyone over with a main title is a very Capcom thing to do, so I expect the worst. I have no worries about this being a main entry though as it just reeks of cash grabbing spin-off. From the 4 generic characters that look like GTA Online nobodies, the name Resistance, and even the fact they call the game a new challenge.

I feel like Capcom is just high on Resident Evil's current success and like always, jump the gun while the series is still hot so they can bring in more cash with what I can only assume is gonna be some sort of micro-transaction heavy online multiplayer kind of game.

If this was just a simple 4 player co-op campaign set within the Resident Evil universe, I'd be completely down with that, but history has always proven things are never that simple. Even if let's say it is Outbreak 3, I can definitely imagine they'll find a way to mess that up somehow.

D

Deleted member 21244

I read a rumor from a guy that usually get rumor right, the rumor say that project resistance is resident evil 3 remake and this remake will have a mode separate from the main game in Wich you can play in 4 Co op...

Probably just a rumor but let's hope

Turo602

The King of Kings

I hope it's true, but still not getting my hopes up because Capcom is Capcom. But considering how spot on EvilVR has been about Resident Evil before, he's never mentioned another project so it lines up. I've heard about the whole 4v1 thing too, and if this is truly REmake 3, then I guess that 1 would be Nemesis. It still seems like such an odd way to introduce REmake 3 though. But, we'll see eventually. I'm still bracing myself for disappointment.

D

Deleted member 21244

I hope it's true, but still not getting my hopes up because Capcom is Capcom. But considering how spot on EvilVR has been about Resident Evil before, he's never mentioned another project so it lines up. I've heard about the whole 4v1 thing too, and if this is truly REmake 3, then I guess that 1 would be Nemesis. It still seems like such an odd way to introduce REmake 3 though. But, we'll see eventually. I'm still bracing myself for disappointment.
I m actually taking my hype really low... But I'm still hoping in something good even if it's a spin off

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Yeah its not really their age that bothers me, but the fact that they look too stereotypical. The Breakfast Club was a great reference, and I'm so sick and tired of that cliché mixture of a jock, cheerleader and punkrock chick. I mean come on, how many times can you beat a dead horse....

Why not have 4 jocks instead? Or 4 cheerleaders? Or 4 punkrockers? At least that would've been a little bit more realistic....

EDIT: I'm gonna take that R3make rumor with a grain of salt. It sounds more like wishful thinking if you ask me. In later years, when it comes to films, games and books I've taught myself to always expect the worst - Because if its actually good you'll be be pleasantly surprised and if it's bad you'll never be disappointed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

No matter what it is, I think its safe to assume that its running on the RE Engine. The textures on those clothes look remarkably good.
Every new Capcom re game will probably be release with re engine after it was created for resident evil 7...

So it's 100 %sure that they will use the re engine, unless this new game is made by a different studio just like operation raccon city, who wasn't made by Capcom but by slant six game and used a different engine...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment

The trailed for Project Resistance is out now. Still have no idea what it is about. Looks like people trapped in a survival program of some sort with someone pulling the strings? 4 person co-op?

Jonipoon

That's not even a teaser trailer, it's more like a teaser for a teaser trailer... Especially the last part that says "More details at Tokyo Game Show" feels like they're dragging this one out a bit too much. Just tell us what it is, Capcom. People are building up false expectations.

Because, like UniqTeas said, this teaser doesn't explain anything. The fact that Mr. X is in it though could indicate that we have another "What if" scenario game at our hands ala Operation Raccoon City. It feels like someone at Capcom saw all those memes about Mr. X back in January, and then pitched this idea.

I'm still not a fan of those characters, especially not the cliché goth chick.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I'll hold out hope. I haven't played ORC or any other recent spin off game - but I am not sure I like what I see here. It looks like it will just be fun for funs sake like a Left 4 Dead title. I want lore!

Jonipoon

Judging by the teaser, we can know easily assume that it's going to be an online multiplayer game with a 4 v 1 mode. One player takes on the role as Mr. X and chooses which enemies and traps to place out for the other 4 players. Finally, the ones that remain standing after all normal enemy attacks will get to face off against Mr. X at the end. Obviously, the more left standing the better their chances of beating Mr. X.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
You know, this is something i never thought to see...playing Rock em Sock em robots with Mr X :lol:

D

Deleted member 21244

I didn't really like the trailer... I don't really care about this game, it's just a multiplayer spin off like operation raccon city or Umbrella corps, nothing more... What a disappointment

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom