• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A new resident evil game is in the work?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

I mean - this is way too nuanced of a conversation at this point - and I haven't played RE3 in probably 6 or 7 years. But I feel like the RPD takes about 20-30 minutes for the average player. Less if you know what to expect. So, that is what - maybe 15% of the game?
I replayed resident evil 3 just yesterday, I take 10 minutes for the rpd part, you only enter take the the lockpick in the stars office and than you live... You never return there so it's only 2% of the game, I take 9 hours to complete it and since the rpd take 10 minutes it is probably 2% of the totale game...
Take a look at this video...
10 minutes to complete the rpd part, and the video started 2 minutes before entering the police station and the dude exited form the police station 2 minutes before the video ends

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21244

For those who are interested, Capcom had send an e mail to all the ambassador member living in the USA...
Don't waste time and submit your subscription

D

Deleted member 21244

Nothing about Resident Evil was revealed at Gamescom this year.

Sigh.
Tokyo game show 2019 it's on the way so it will be probably revealed during this event that will happen from the 12 to the 15 of September

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
That's good news. I'm not liking the vibes I'm getting from that title though. The word "resistance" makes me think of a group of people doing something together, which could indicate a multiplayer game of sorts.

Nevertheless, RE7 was originally called "Project Kitchen", so who knows.

D

Deleted member 21244

That's good news. I'm not liking the vibes I'm getting from that title though. The word "resistance" makes me think of a group of people doing something together, which could indicate a multiplayer game of sorts.

Nevertheless, RE7 was originally called "Project Kitchen", so who knows.
Who knows, a teaser trailer will be revealed the 9th of September, while gameplay will be present at tokyo game show...

Take a look a the site here to see the countdown:
https://www.project-resistance.com/en/

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Here are images from the new game: https://gematsu.com/2019/08/capcom-...stance-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-on-september-9

No one can tell what is going on. But a lot of online speculation is stating that it looks awfully similar to Outbreak File #3. Or a new version of a 4 person RE campaign based game at least.

Additionally - the Resident Evil Outbreak website has been removed and the screen has been replaced with just a white screen with the words OK in the top left corner. Looks like they are either teasing us, needed to update the site to keep the domain name, or are literally getting ready to announce a new Outbreak game and have scrubbed the old site and are waiting to put up the new one.

D

Deleted member 21244

Just hoping it's not a ****ty spin off like umbrella corps and operation raccon city

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Let us pray for that...a sequel to Outbreak that we have all been waiting for. I highly doubt that it would be like ORC or Umbrella Corp, i think Capcom learned their lesson.

D

Deleted member 21244

Let us pray for that...a sequel to Outbreak that we have all been waiting for. I highly doubt that it would be like ORC or Umbrella Corp, i think Capcom learned their lesson.
Mmm who knows, umbrella corps was released few years ago alongside resident evil 7 so I don t actually belive Capcom learned their lesson...

PinkHerb

Healing Item
There is no way the would make another game designed specifically for ESports, look how that got them...i could be wrong, but we shall see

D

Deleted member 21244

Some rumor say that it's a new resident evil outbreak... If they put resident evil 2 remake gameplay combined whit multiplayer Co op it would be awesome

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Here's some leaked screenshots from what appears to be the new Resident Evil game...

4wx7Me3.jpg

inm3x4h.jpg

So, new Outbreak confirmed?

Whatever it is, it's definitely not Left 4 Dead 3 since Valve doesn't make games, anymore. It's gotta be Outbreak 3.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Why do they look like teenagers. Unless the game takes place partly at Raccoon University during the outbreak, I don't see the appeal.

D

Deleted member 21244

Why do they look like teenagers. Unless the game takes place partly at Raccoon University during the outbreak, I don't see the appeal.
Why they shouldn't look like teenagers ? It could take place anywhere nobody say that it would take place in raccon city or that it would be an outbreak 3, it could be an all new story...

By the orribile look of the character my expectation are towned down

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Not crazy about having the Breakfast Club as the leading characters for the next big Resident Evil game. I suppose I’m ok if it’s a spinoff like Outbreak, but I’m getting too old to want to really invest in the ol’ cheerleader, jock, and awkward punk girl cliche.

Just missing a van and a Great Dane and we’ll have ourselves a Scooby gang.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am not perturbed by playing a different age than what I am. I am 32 right now - equally distant from 12 and 52. And when I play as Kratos in God of War, I love the feeling of using his age and wisdom and brutality. And when I play as Clementine is The Walking Dead Telltale series, I love playing as a young woman with a knack for survival and learning to be a badass.

I suppose you could argue that these protagonists are younger than what we have seen in the typical RE game - but Claire was only 19 when we first met her. And Rebecca was 18ish?

I don't mind character ages - but I would like to avoid too many cliche archetypes if possible.

Top Bottom