• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A new resident evil game is in the work?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

https://www.pcgamesn.com/resident-evil-2/resi-3-remake
A new e mail from resident evil ambassador had revealed that Capcom is working on new re title...
It could probably be resident evil 8 o resident evil 3 remake...
Obviously resident evil 8 is in the work since it was already announced by Capcom, let s hope to have some news soon

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Right! I had an interesting read about this article earlier.

They don't mention that it is necessarily an RE game or a new game.

So here are the options they could mean:

1) They want someone to test RE8
2) They want someone to test RE3 NEMESIS REMAKE
3) They want someone to test the Switch version of RE5
4) They want someone to test the Switch version of RE6
5) They want someone to test a brand new IP

I hope it is one of the first two options!

D

Deleted member 21244

Right! I had an interesting read about this article earlier.

They don't mention that it is necessarily an RE game or a new game.

So here are the options they could mean:

1) They want someone to test RE8
2) They want someone to test RE3 NEMESIS REMAKE
3) They want someone to test the Switch version of RE5
4) They want someone to test the Switch version of RE6
5) They want someone to test a brand new IP

I hope it is one of the first two options!
In other article I read that Capcom asked that the people who are chosen must have at least played one resident evil game to partecipate and they send this to the people who are registered to resident evil ambassador ... So there is no doubt it s a re game they are talking about... I don't think they need people to test resident evil 5 and 6 on switch since that are already made game and they only nedd to port it on switch...it's most likely a new resident evil game since it happear they are doing it all in secret, could be re 8 re 3 remake or revelations 3 or some completely differente re game...

Let's hope

D

Deleted member 21244

I personally think its a bit to early for a RE8 reveal, I'm betting on RE3 remake or a new Revelations game getting released before RE8 comes.
Almost 2 years passed since resident evil 7 came out, it could be a little to early for a reveal of resident evil 8 but they started development after the release of 7 so It could be released in late 2020, so not to early for a test of the game

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Almost 2 years passed since resident evil 7 came out, it could be a little to early for a reveal of resident evil 8 but they started development after the release of 7 so It could be released in late 2020, so not to early for a test of the game

Oh I know they started development after RE7 but I doubt they will show us anything for at least another year so If we do get anything shown at TGS 2019 (such as the rumored game being tested) than I believe the safest bet is either Remake 3 or Revelations 3. Also keep in mind Capcom as of late seems to have a pattern of not releasing a main numbered entry without 3 to 5 years between them (the longest gap being RE6 to RE7 which was 5 years) so If they where to show anything RE8 I'd wager next year TGS 2020 with a release to follow sometime early 2021.

Keep in mind this is just my assessment of the rumors circulating about a new RE game and its entirely possible its RE8 but my personal feelings is that Capcom is going to make us wait a bit longer on it so perhaps I'm just trying to temper my expectations for something more likely like a RE3 remake or a Revelations 3.

D

Deleted member 21244

Oh I know they started development after RE7 but I doubt they will show us anything for at least another year so If we do get anything shown at TGS 2019 (such as the rumored game being tested) than I believe the safest bet is either Remake 3 or Revelations 3. Also keep in mind Capcom as of late seems to have a pattern of not releasing a main numbered entry without 3 to 5 years between them (the longest gap being RE6 to RE7 which was 5 years) so If they where to show anything RE8 I'd wager next year TGS 2020 with a release to follow sometime early 2021.

Keep in mind this is just my assessment of the rumors circulating about a new RE game and its entirely possible its RE8 but my personal feelings is that Capcom is going to make us wait a bit longer on it so perhaps I'm just trying to temper my expectations for something more likely like a RE3 remake or a Revelations 3.
Re 8 could probably release on next gen, they take 5 years of development between re 6 and 7 because they were rethinking all the resident evil series and need to realize what to do next...
Also i find strange that they are releasing resident evil 3 remake so soon since resident evil 2 just released this year's, did they did start development before Re 2 remake? Because if they started after re 2 remake released and they are going to show it this year, I seriously doubt of the quality of the game

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Re 8 could probably release on next gen, they take 5 years of development between re 6 and 7 because they were rethinking all the resident evil series and need to realize what to do next...
Also i find strange that they are releasing resident evil 3 remake so soon since resident evil 2 just released this year's, did they did start development before Re 2 remake? Because if they started after re 2 remake released and they are going to show it this year, I seriously doubt of the quality of the game

There is actually a great chance they started Development of RE3 remake during the development of RE2 remake since both games take place in Racoon City and chances are they can save on time and assets especially with the RPD station part of a RE3 remake, and just because they show it at TGS 2019 would not necessarily mean a fast release since its release could still not happen until late 2020 and if they where indeed working on it towards the end of Development of RE2 that would give them almost 2 years worth of development which is enough for a remake as opposed to a entirely new game built from the ground up story and asset wise.

D

Deleted member 21244

There is actually a great chance they started Development of RE3 remake during the development of RE2 remake since both games take place in Racoon City and chances are they can save on time and assets especially with the RPD station part of a RE3 remake, and just because they show it at TGS 2019 would not necessarily mean a fast release since its release could still not happen until late 2020 and if they where indeed working on it towards the end of Development of RE2 that would give them almost 2 years worth of development which is enough for a remake as opposed to a entirely new game built from the ground up story and asset wise.
But the raccon city police station part only take 5% of game since you only stai there for 10 - 15 minutes...
They had to redoo from the ground every environment and I seriously hope they didn't utilize they same gameplay as resident evil 2, but an upgrade version of it, because it will be a bit disappointing if the gameplay of re 3 is the same as 2 since re 3 could be almost identical whit nemesis replacing Mr x...

Ayen

Resident Critic
I just want to play as Sherry again. That's all I ask. I won't be mad if I don't, though. I haven't gotten around to their newer titles, but I hear Capcom has been doing good with Resident Evil again so that makes me happy.

Nemesis terrified me in the original RE 3, so I can only imagine how scary they could make him be in a remake title.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
But the raccon city police station part only take 5% of game since you only stai there for 10 - 15 minutes...
They had to redoo from the ground every environment and I seriously hope they didn't utilize they same gameplay as resident evil 2, but an upgrade version of it, because it will be a bit disappointing if the gameplay of re 3 is the same as 2 since re 3 could be almost identical whit nemesis replacing Mr x...

I would not say 5% of RE3, more like 10%, and besides my main point was that since RE3 does have the RPD in it even if for a bit that means that if they showed something a TGS 2019 it could be Jill's exploits there while being chased by Nemesis, after all you where worried about the time of development and what they would have time to show which is why I bought up the RPD station in the first place since the assets where there already and would only need to be reworked a bit to fit the narrative of RE3 given that its part takes place before RE2.

But obviously everything outside the RPD in a remake 3 would have to be worked from the ground up since none of those areas are featured in RE2 remake, my main point was that at least they have the basis of RE2's RPD station to rework for a RE3 remake which definitely saves on development time since thats 1 less area they have to build from the ground up.

D

Deleted member 21244

Capcom will attempt gamescom 2019...
There are good change that it will reveal this new resident evil game...
Gamescom 2019 will take place from 20th August until the 24th...
We are almost there to know the truth

Rain611

You can't kill me.

I know this is off topic but I'm pretty sure the world record for RE3 is at/around 40 mins, so depending on how good you are if could be less than 5% lol.

D

Deleted member 21244

I know this is off topic but I'm pretty sure the world record for RE3 is at/around 40 mins, so depending on how good you are if could be less than 5% lol.
I take 10 to 5 minute to make that part, since you only had to go to the stars office take the lockpick and never go back there, so I think it's just 2% of the game

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I mean - this is way too nuanced of a conversation at this point - and I haven't played RE3 in probably 6 or 7 years. But I feel like the RPD takes about 20-30 minutes for the average player. Less if you know what to expect. So, that is what - maybe 15% of the game?

Top Bottom