• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 A Flaw in Wesker's Plan... *Possible Spoilers*

We Are Ninja

Wesker's ultimate goal was to unleash Uroboros on the world killing everyone but the "worthy" and the strong. The problem with that is that there were none. Uroboros ultimately consumed everyone it came into contact with; Wesker was the only exception.

Wesker and Co. were never able to find anyone that could actually survive infection. Had Wesker succeeded in infecting the planet with Uroboros, he would've killed every human on Earth (except, maybe Jill as she had some sort of wacky resistance)only to rule a planet with thousands of giant (much bigger than the one on the ship as it'd have access to much more genetic material)Uroboros monsters roaming around...

Until they died once they consumed everyone and all the animals and could no longer sustain themselves... Then it'd just be Wesker. Hanging out. Starving, most likely, since there's no one around to kill/make/prepare food and stuff. Jonesing for the shots he needed from Excella whom he had already killed...

Worst bid for world domination ever.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think there was a 95% of the people in the world are "unworthy". Only 5% would survive. I agree it was a stupid plan, at least, it seeems like a stupid plan.

Wesker- "I hate people, so i'll turn everyone into something i like more than people... leechy monsters"

I think Wesker planned to join the other "survivors", destroy the "monsters" and rule over the "survivors".

Kellyrose

Well, I think its quite obvious that Wesker was insane at this point. At least more so than usual. :huh:
It probably didn't matter to him if there was virtually no one left, he wanted to rule whoever or whatever was left, and I suppose Uroboros was his means to that end.

Duo

Wesker wanted to do away with weak people. In his mind, it was a genetic problem, and Uroboros was the cure. He probably did not think beyond that, other then he would be a "King".

And hell, anyone who can punch Alexia Ashford in the face probably deserves some serious king points.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Well we don't really know for sure if Wesker was compatible with Uroboros. It was never said what the desired effect was. But it was stated that the leech-like pustules was a sign of rejection. And we don't know what percentage of the human population was compatible. T-Virus for instance is only compatible with 1 in 10,000,000 people.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
He probably had an idea of what the projected acceptance rate was. Whatever it was, he was probabaly okay with it. The idea is pretty cool. We'd all be kryptonian. Sucks for those uncompatible though.... - -
I don't think he wanted to be around those rejected anyway. So there is the possibility he just didn't care.
Or... Capcom had to find a massive plotline for Wesker since he's such a badass and this was best they could come up with ...just sayin'....

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
What if those that were accepted didn't want anything to do with Wesker and his plans? If Wesker really was an acception and still was able to control his mind and actions then so would the other few in the world... DUN DUN DUN.

We Are Ninja

Even if he succeeded, and there were a handfull of his compatible "elite", there'd still me thousands of flesh-eating absolutely massive Urobors monstere's covering the planet. He and his select few would probably get eaten. Even Wesker wouldn't have been able to defeat Uroboros Excella and she had only consumed a hundred or so bodies.

Resident James

Uroboros didn't seem to hurt Wesker at all, maybe the "choson ones" its the same thing, the monster just attaches to them and can be controlled by them until the monsters just die off from lack of non-"chosen" humans to eat.

I think Wesker changed completely when he met Spencer, according to files in RE5, Wesker had this urge to find Spencer that was programed into him and the other Spencer children. After learning of Spencers plans, Wesker was free to simply kill Spencer, but probably was driven to finish Spencers plans (without even realizing it), thus explaining how insane he was.

It wasn't something that Wesker was planing for during RE1 for example.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Imagine that Wesker only wants people with a certain genetic characteristic A, which is always associated with another genetic characteristic B. Imagine that the B gene induces the production of a certain enzyme that doesn't allow the virus to consume your body (turning it into leeches/tentacles).
In that case, all the people with the B gene will survive, and all of those have the A gene, which is what Wesker is looking for.
If that is the case, then possibly, a person with these characteristics will not be consumed by the virus, even if an infected one tries to consume them, so the survivors wouldn't mind about the non-survivors. Of course, if this was Wesker's plan, the entire biosphere would be destroyed leading to the survivors' death, but maybe the virus' activity would stop some time after one is infected, so all the monsters would only be alive for some hours.
Of course, Wesker would be smart enough to chose a genetical characteristic he had himself (he wanted to be a god), so i'm 100% sure he was compatible with Uroboros (surely he knew his own genetic makeup).
Maybe he only got consumed by the virus (partially) because the concentration was too high, and his body didn't have time to produce enough "B-enzyme", but eventually, he was able to overpass it.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Resident James;63469 said:
Uroboros didn't seem to hurt Wesker at all, maybe the "choson ones" its the same thing, the monster just attaches to them and can be controlled by them until the monsters just die off from lack of non-"chosen" humans to eat.

I think Wesker changed completely when he met Spencer, according to files in RE5, Wesker had this urge to find Spencer that was programed into him and the other Spencer children. After learning of Spencers plans, Wesker was free to simply kill Spencer, but probably was driven to finish Spencers plans (without even realizing it), thus explaining how insane he was.

What did we really know about his future plans in the first place? (Aha emoticon goes here.)

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Resident James;63469 said:

What did we really know about his future plans in the first place? (Aha emoticon goes here.)

bruno;63470 said:
Imagine that Wesker only wants people with a certain genetic characteristic A, which is always associated with another genetic characteristic B. Imagine that the B gene induces the production of a certain enzyme that doesn't allow the virus to consume your body (turning it into leeches/tentacles).
In that case, all the people with the B gene will survive, and all of those have the A gene, which is what Wesker is looking for.
If that is the case, then possibly, a person with these characteristics will not be consumed by the virus, even if an infected one tries to consume them, so the survivors wouldn't mind about the non-survivors. Of course, if this was Wesker's plan, the entire biosphere would be destroyed leading to the survivors' death, but maybe the virus' activity would stop some time after one is infected, so all the monsters would only be alive for some hours.
Of course, Wesker would be smart enough to chose a genetical characteristic he had himself (he wanted to be a god), so i'm 100% sure he was compatible with Uroboros (surely he knew his own genetic makeup).
Maybe he only got consumed by the virus (partially) because the concentration was too high, and his body didn't have time to produce enough "B-enzyme", but eventually, he was able to overpass it.

Nice take on it.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Considering he just dropped whatever plans he might have had in 2006 to steal Spencer's plan of becoming a god, then making Uroboros, I don't think he thought it out very well...kinda wingin' it actually.:)

Duo

He seemed to have something in mind prior to locating Spencer. We see him keeping tabs on and collecting every virus and parasite possible. He tests Veronica in South America, obtains the complete Umbrella Information and research archive, and seems to be manipulating Tri-Cell by 2005.

Of course, all of this is what led to the very creation of Uroboros.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
He was trying to collect the samples, indeed, but I think that was mainly the Organization trying to collect them, and he was just using them to get the different samples, T, G, Veronica, Las Plagas, etc.

He had visions of changing the world. "Umbrella's one step closer to it's reesablishment, and once it is, there will be significant changes in our world". What happened to that line? "To bring order and balance to this insane world of ours...you don't seriously think a conservative mind can chart a new course for the world do you?"-that one is Krauser.

Point being that he obviously gets the "God" idea from Spencer. Before that his plans may have been a little more ambiguous.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Wesker's been in contact with Excella since 2003 (probably before the Caucasus incident). He then provided her with info about bioweaponry (notice he had Umbrella in his hands, he only needed funds from Tricell), some virus samples that he probably took from the Organization, and the modified soburdinate plaga Ada sent him. With those, Excella grew inside Tricell, eventualy becoming CEO of the African branch. She restored Umbrella's abandoned African Facility, and Wesker probably felt free to research on the progenitor virus. If you read Wesker's Report 2, you'll understand Wesker always questioned Spencer's motives, so needed to see him. After the meeting, Wesker inherted Spencer's madness (AKA god syndrome), and knew what to do with the progenitor virus - thus starting the Uroboros project.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
He's been in contact with Excella since 2003? Where did you hear that?

I've read the Wesker's Report II, many times. I know he questioned Spencer's motives, and as a result moved to the Information Department(that and he started to realize his limits as a researcher).

He did have Umbrella's info, all of it, UMF013, on that disk, yes, but he never seemed to want to reestablish them after RE4, it is like they dropped it.

As for Las Plagas and alot of that stuff that happens behind the scenes, too much of it does happen behind the scenes to say what happened.

Well inherit, steal, he used Spencer's plan as his own that's for sure.:)

bruno

Chief Researcher
Spike991;63974 said:
He's been in contact with Excella since 2003? Where did you hear that?

In Wesker's Profile, at Project Umbrella:

Alliance with Tricell
In the same year, 2003, Wesker approached Excella Gionne, an executive in the pharmaceutical's division of Tricell.
http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Albert-Wesker

I don't know where they saw it, probably it's in RE5 files. However, i trust them because they analyse every file, and they even translate from japanese versions to make sure the game doesn't contain translation misunderstandments.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I'm sure you know that I can't accept it from Project Umbrella...of course I will go and look at the RE5 documents just to be sure.

Top Bottom