• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Zombies finally return but why?

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
For a new guy your off to a great start!

Attempting to start arguments with members will definitely get you noticed around here.:D

And I know exactly what he is trying to say, he is saying that Capcom may have wanted to go a more "realistic" way with the "zombie range attack".

But now let me ask you do you have any freaken clue of what I am trying to say?

I'm saying that I do not agree with the notion of it, "being more realistic" makes it better and thus I do not agree with it.

I would have rather had the vomit attack from the older zombies rather than the weapon one.

At least that way they would still be unarmed which is how a prefer them.

I know very well what you are trying to say, sir, I do have a "freaking clue." And believe me, I am not trying to start an argument, if I did, you would know for sure. It's good that we all have our own opinions, no need to get so aggresive ;) I'd like to state my own opinion, that I prefer the zombies without vomit OR guns. There, I've said my part, all is well hopefully on the forum battlegrounds, haha.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
And here goes another thread completely derailed by the guy who doesn't know how to end an argument.
So does being an *******, but I'm sure everyone here already knows that.

Nice insult there.

I may have been acting smug or rude but at least I did not throw out insults or call anybody any names.

REPORTED

Finally! I was thinking how long it will take u to admit that its all just ur personal preference. How one wants things to be is one thing, how things actually are is another. Its as ridiculous as wishing money would grow on trees but in reality it doesnt.

What the hell did you think I was saying?

I made it obvious that it was my OPINION that a zombie should be weaponless.

Read my initial post were I say "No matter how they try to reason it, I still will never see it as right to have zombies using weapons"

Notice how I am obviously making it known that this is how I see things.

TyrannoSpank

Well this really just craps all over your theory of them wanting to be "more realistic" now does it Mark lol?:D

that oh so "unrealistic" vomit is still in the game.

Which only further raises the question of "what the hell is the point of the weapons now"?

If not "realistic long range" than what lol?
I think the whole point is like they said in the op link. "make them faster and smarter" or basically more challenging. Not much action in zombies stumbling around doing nothing until they get close enough to hurt you apparently.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Nice insult there.

I may have been acting smug or rude but at least I did not throw out insults or call anybody any names.

REPORTED
I'm only speaking what's on the minds of many people here. I can't help if you take that the wrong way. Reported? Have you seen how long you been going on with this? If someone needs to be reported its you. I've said all I'm going to with you. Have fun with your pointless debate.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I'm only speaking what's on the minds of many people here. I can't help if you take that the wrong way. Reported? Have you seen how long you been going on with this? If someone needs to be reported its you. I've said all I'm going to with you. Have fun with your pointless debate.

I broke no rules here pale, go and read them if you do not believe me.

I never threw out insults or personal attacks towards anyone.

There is no rules against using sarcasm If I remember correctly.

But there is a rule against personal attacks I'm sure.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Well this really just craps all over your theory of them wanting to be "more realistic" now does it Mark lol?:D

Which only further raises the question of "what the hell is the point of the weapons now"?

If its about "Its not realistic that zombies can use weapons at all" then I can say they did explain pretty well how it comes to that they know how to throw and swipe with them, its because they retain some memory of their recent actions before death so it in fact still is 'realistic'.
U admitted it was ur personal preference its how you want to see them.
You got nothing to enforce ur point - why it would be better for them to have the super ranged vomit while I obviously got a reason why they should use the weapons as they do - because its more realistic.
So excuse me but I think its pointless to continue this discussion.

Reactions: Ada

ToCool74

Veteran Member
If its about "Its not realistic that zombies can use weapons at all" then I can say they did explain pretty well how it comes to that they know how to throw and swipe with them, its because they retain some memory of their recent actions before death so it in fact still is 'realistic'.
U admitted it was ur personal preference its how you want to see them.
You got nothing to enforce ur point - why it would be better for them to have the super ranged vomit while I obviously got a reason why they should use the weapons as they do - because its more realistic.
So excuse me but I think its pointless to continue this discussion.

if its so pointless than walk away, be my guest.:D

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
Where did I make such comparisons?

Point me to the post where I compared the new zombies to the old ones.

The only thing that comes to mind is when I said that they did not need weapons and can instead use the vomit from the older series as a attack.

Is that what you are referring to?

Because if so, it wasn't me "comparing" the two, but me make a straight forward statement that the vomit could have been used from the past zombies for the new ones rather than them having to use weapons.

That was more towards the argument of, "the zombies needing a range attack".

On a side note, glad my "smart remarks" amuse you.;)

There is a difference between "smart remarks" and "smatass remarks"

Also you clearly pointed out the comparison in your response so l don't need to refer to anything if you knew what I was talking about. And yes your "smartass remarks" amuses me until you repeatedly use sarcasm as a means of communication in every post/response and it becomes unbearable. How about you use your own advice and take it easy.

See this actually made me lol!! Its funny and kind of sad at the same time.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
There is a difference between "smart remarks" and "smatass" remarks"

Also you clearly pointed out the comparison in your response so l don't need to refer to anything if you knew what I was talking about. And yes your "smartass remarks" amuses me until you repeatedly use sarcasm as a means of communication in every post/response and it becomes unbearable. How about you use your own advice and take it easy.

See this actually made me lol!! Its funny and kind of sad at the same time.

I am taking it easy.

If i was throwing out personal attacks like Jay THEN I wouldn't not be taking it easy.;)

I merely gave my two cents on how I thought weapons where pointless and afterwards I got challenged by a slew of members for my outlook on things.

But I'm not complaining, these types of things happen on forums and I'm definitely ready for it.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
I am taking it easy.

If i was throwing out personal attacks like Jay THEN I wouldn't not be taking it easy.;)

I merely gave my two cents on how I thought weapons where pointless and afterwards I got challenged by a slew of members for my outlook on things.

But I'm not complaining, these types of things happen on forums and I'm definitely ready for it.

OMFG LOLOLOLOL. No one challenged you at all, but it seems you took it as such. I'm glad you are prepared for the fight though.

Nice insult there.

REPORTED

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! FXCKIN GOLD!!!!!!!

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
I am taking it easy.

This whole thread was simply your preference on things- you dragged it out as an argument for 3 pages, admit it. Mark's first post shows that he was not even speaking to you specifically in the beginning, he was simply stating general things. As for personal attacks, sometimes people need a good wake up call. We are not trying to challenge you, agreed with TharSheBlows, why? Because you did not pose a challenge in the first place. This was all merely opinions, to which you managed to turn into an argument. Bravo, sir, bravo. I am done, don't even bother quoting me because there isn't a point in continuing this brainless conversation. Goodbye.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
This whole thread was simply your preference on things- you dragged it out as an argument for 3 pages, admit it. Mark's first post shows that he was not even speaking to you specifically in the beginning, he was simply stating general things. As for personal attacks, sometimes people need a good wake up call. We are not trying to challenge you, agreed with TharSheBlows, why? Because you did not pose a challenge in the first place. This was all merely opinions, to which you managed to turn into an argument. Bravo, sir, bravo. I am done, don't even bother quoting me because there isn't a point in continuing this brainless conversation. Goodbye.

Don't tell me not to bother replying.

And brainless conversation?

admit it?

Admit to what exactly?

And if this is conversation is so "brainless" than why did you participate for so long?

From the beginning it was known that this was my opinion on the matter.

IF you guys actually read my earlier posts you would know.

I never once said or gave the impresion that everything I was saying was a FACT and If I have than please point me to the post.

Otherwise I would appreciate it if you did not make things up out of thin air.

EDIT

And here is yet another one of my earlier posts from page 2 that made it pretty clear that I was giving MY opinion on things.

But for me, I've never liked seeing a zombie doing all of that since it defeats the purpose of the established being "brain dead" and only having "the need to feed" which is a even more of a zombie bases than the Romero films and has been around even before those films from Romero.

But some how you guys are trying to flip it around on me as if I never made it clear that this is all my opinion?:rolleyes:

And now you want me to "admit" something that was already known?:eek:

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
*sigh* Going back on topic. I think zombies with weapons is a good idea and isn't at the same time.

Here's why:

It's plausible the zombies could have been trained soldiers in their former life and died with those guns in their hands.... but in the same breath, with their motor skills being the way they are how could they still be able to pull the trigger, aim, and shoot at you?

This is a video game though, so I try not to take things too seriously, but being in the medical field and knowing how the brain reacts, even when the body is reanimated is a wee bit ridiculous. The question here is, are the zombies completely brain dead? Just because the heart stops beating doesn't mean the brain is fully dead (if the C-virus is involved it could mimic the heart and other organs), just damaged to a degree. If that's the case then I'll welcome armed zombies with open... arms? lol.

This doesn't effect me buying the game though, I'll still be getting it in the mail! Lets face it, when has RE not been ridiculous? That's why we love it right guys? That's one reason I do. ;)

Lonesurvivor2127

realistic LOL?

Whats realistic about a zombie using weapons?

They are supposed to be BRAIN DEAD and only have THE NEED TO FEED.

Neither of which would give them cause to want to use a weapon.

Comparing zombies to chimps is a bit far fetched don't you think?

One exists merely to feed and is brain dead while the other is just a dumb primate.

And its all well and good if you like zombies going around using pipes and axes and stuff.

But for me, I've never liked seeing a zombie doing all of that since it defeats the purpose of the established being "brain dead" and only having "the need to feed" which is a even more of a zombie bases than the Romero films and has been around even before those films from Romero.

Zombie's aren't brain dead, if they were brain dead this virus wouldn't work. Zombies in all modern media forms now a days the virus or whatever kills off the person but it reminates there lower brain functions so that they can move and feed. Which is what the t-virus did. We don't really know what the new zombies are infected with other then it has to do with the blue fog. Which is why brain damage kills them. If they were brain dead the only way to kill them would be total body destruction. Why do you think shooting them in the head kills them.

Primates aren't dumb in any fashion. Firstly you are a primate. Secondly I was using a chimp to show that animals use tools to do things and solve problems. So a zombie using one is not that far fetched. Capcom based their zombies around George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead zombies. Obviously with a different origin and what not. Zombies before the Living Dead series were depicted the way they were suppose to be depicted. As renaimated dead people that were being controlled by a Voo doo doctor or a curse etc. Only modern tellings have them being able to turn people into zombies thru bite.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Good stuff. I feel like, so learned now that I've read three pages of bickering over zombie puke projectiles or some shizz like that.

Seriously though, can we please cut loose the threads of antagonism and maybe get back onto topic and perhaps even stay there without having to resort to name-calling, flame-baiting, sarcastic jibes, arguing for the sake of arguing or any combination thereof? *bats eyelashes*

Please and thank you.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
- I want to remind you guys........and all of you that are horror and zombie fans should know this. In many zombie films zombies use a sort of tool to break in to something or hurt somebody from the very begining of the zombie genre to recent years this isnt a new concept! - heres a little example for you real zombie fans and those new need to add this to their top 5 zombie flicks of all time , which they are also my favs that will deffinetly show this example here we go : 1985 day of the dead, zombie, return of the living dead, the reanimator, and land of the dead.

DarkZhooter

바보
Due to fans' demand,they bring back the zombies but still complaining? -_-
If the zombies were weaponless,we could just run through them which is COMPLETELY boring.I'm not saying the old RE games are boring. I want something new like the genre of this game.It didn't completely change since the Horror is still there.They just removed the survival part of the series.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Zombies go by several classifications. There is no one kind. There are numerous types that can act, think, and do things differently depending on the situation. I like RE6 take on it from previous titles. A zombie charging and jumping at you is much more threatening then one walking at a snails pace tripping over itself. How RE6 zombies will act is in the link I posted.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Zombie_(Resident_Evil_6)

Top Bottom