• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Zombies finally return but why?

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Sooooooo.....whats your point?

These are Capcom's newest titles.

Its pretty obvious Capcom could give less of a damn about their older ones.

People always use the "series evolving with the times" defense when trying to defend these new changes to the Resident Evil formula.

That is why its more "acceptable" by that logic for Capcom to go off of how the zombies behaved in their recent titles rather than their older titles, hence the reason why the "vomit range" being bigger in Umbrella and Darkside could be carried over to RE6 without the need of weapons.

It makes more sense really considering Umbrella and Darkside are the latest 2 Resident Evil game we have that had zombies in it.

So my point still stand that the defense for the weapon usage of the zombies needing a 'ranged attack" is void in this instance since the latest 2 entries that have zombies in it prove otherwise.
Well obviously in this case they didnt go by that logic. My idea in this is that they really care a lot about making RE6 perfectly appealing to the general audience and thats why they r going for realism paying attention to every detail which is why they didnt take the cheap trick with the vomiting range from the Chronicles which seriously was unrealistic.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Well obviously in this case they didnt go by that logic. My idea in this is that they really care a lot about making RE6 perfectly appealing to the general audience and thats why they r going for realism paying attention to every detail which is why they didnt take the cheap trick with the vomiting range from the Chronicles which seriously was unrealistic.

realistic LOL?

Whats realistic about a zombie using weapons?

They are supposed to be BRAIN DEAD and only have THE NEED TO FEED.

Neither of which would give them cause to want to use a weapon.

Zombie's are lower brain functioning beings that run off of basic instinct ,which is to eat however even chimps use tools.

As shown in the George A.Romero movies (which really are the base for almost all zombie mediums) they can use

objects. So using weapons really doesn't bug me very much. Now if they start to use guns then i'll be ****ed. lol

Comparing zombies to chimps is a bit far fetched don't you think?

One exists merely to feed and is brain dead while the other is just a dumb primate.

And its all well and good if you like zombies going around using pipes and axes and stuff.

But for me, I've never liked seeing a zombie doing all of that since it defeats the purpose of the established being "brain dead" and only having "the need to feed" which is a even more of a zombie bases than the Romero films and has been around even before those films from Romero.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
realistic LOL?

Whats realistic about a zombie using weapons?

They are supposed to be BRAIN DEAD and only have THE NEED TO FEED.

Neither of which would give them cause to want to use a weapon.

Thats not the point, what I was talking about was merely the gameplay reason they gave them weapons which is because they didnt have any other alternative for a ranged attack.

Now if we speak about actually why zombies would use weapons then id say they probably took the idea from the RE movie, remember the original? There was a single zombie who was carrying an axe because he had used it shortly before he turned. It was also said in the movie they retain little memory from before their death which is basically what the producer said in the interview. Everything hints at that they r using the idea from the movie to back this up.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Thats not the point, what I was talking about was merely the gameplay reason they gave them weapons which is because they didnt have any other alternative for a ranged attack.

Now if we speak about actually why zombies would use weapons then id say they probably took the idea from the RE movie, remember the original? There was a single zombie who was carrying an axe because he had used it shortly before he turned. It was also said in the movie they retain little memory from before their death which is basically what the producer said in the interview. Everything hints at that they r using the idea from the movie to back this up.

Well the Resident Evil movies to me where **** and definitely not something I would use as a bases for anything relevant for the whole "zombie folklore" of today.

But whatever, believe what you want.

I have no problem with you thinking its a good idea for them to use weapons.

I just thought I'd prove your argument of them giving zombies weapons due to them needing a ranged attack wrong, and I believe I definitely have.

You can call it "unrealistic" or whatever, but the fact remains that they did have a ranged attack before this so saying they needed a "ranged attack" when they really didn't was false.

And before you get caught up in the whole "it being realistic" argument, remember that this IS a VIDEO GAME.

It being "realistic" definitely isn't a requirement.;)

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Well the Resident Evil movies to me where **** and definitely not something I would use as a bases for anything relevant for the whole "zombie folklore" of today.

But whatever, believe what you want.

I have no problem with you thinking its a good idea for them to use weapons.

I just thought I'd prove your argument of them giving zombies weapons due to them needing a ranged attack wrong, and I believe I definitely have.

You can call it "unrealistic" or whatever, but the fact remains that they did have a ranged attack before this so saying they needed a "ranged attack" when they really didn't was false.

And before you get caught up in the whole "it being realistic" argument, remember that this IS a VIDEO GAME.

It being "realistic" definitely isn't a requirement.;)
Hey, im just stating the obvious fact here ^^
At no point did I say that I like the idea that they r giving them weapons but in this concept I dont rly mind it either. Not that liking it or not contributes to this case.
I was just giving possible reasons why they could have given them the weapons at first.
The classy "it is a videogame so it doesnt have to be realistic" line isnt rly valid. Having realistic physics nowadays is a big part of a video game.
I was merely stating that they gave them weapons because they lacked a ranged attack as they did not have any other alternative for one besides vomiting, which at this point, with them trying to create something realistic, wasnt available as an option. I dont deny they had a ranged attack before, I am saying they did not want to use it in RE6 because it was not realistic. And I believe I clarified that realism is important even if it is just a game in the current industry.
And speaking about the movie i was just suggesting where it obviously seems like they got the idea and explanation for them using the weapons from.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Hey, im just stating the obvious fact here ^^
At no point did I say that I like the idea that they r giving them weapons but in this concept I dont rly mind it either. Not that liking it or not contributes to this case.
I was just giving possible reasons why they could have given them the weapons at first.
The classy "it is a videogame so it doesnt have to be realistic" line isnt rly valid. Having realistic physics nowadays is a big part of a video game.
I was merely stating that they gave them weapons because they lacked a ranged attack as they did not have any other alternative for one besides vomiting, which at this point, with them trying to create something realistic, wasnt available as an option. I dont deny they had a ranged attack before, I am saying they did not want to use it in RE6 because it was not realistic. And I believe I clarified that realism is important even if it is just a game in the current industry.
And speaking about the movie i was just suggesting where it obviously seems like they got the idea and explanation for them using the weapons from.

So now your reasoning is them wanting to be more realistic?

In a game where mutant juggernauts and 50 foot snakes roam around?

Ok, gotcha.;)

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium

Ok, gotcha.;)

Sarcasm doesn't win a debate really, solid arguments do. Now I'm new here and not trying to insult either of you, but perhaps the point Mark is trying to make is not that weapon-carrying undead are realistic, but that at least carrying weapons is better than projectile vomit. Just saying.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium

Ok, gotcha.;)
Yep, that was my point since the very beginning.
Theres realism to simple things even if there r monsters in a game, ya know? ;)

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
Sooooooo.....whats your point?

These are Capcom's newest titles.

Its pretty obvious Capcom could give less of a damn about their older ones.

People always use the "series evolving with the times" defense when trying to defend these new changes to the Resident Evil formula.

That is why its more "acceptable" by that logic for Capcom to go off of how the zombies behaved in their recent titles rather than their older titles, hence the reason why the "vomit range" being bigger in Umbrella and Darkside could be carried over to RE6 without the need of weapons.

It makes more sense really considering Umbrella and Darkside are the latest 2 Resident Evil game we have that had zombies in it.

So my point still stands that the defense for the weapon usage of the zombies needing a 'ranged attack" is void in this instance since the latest 2 entries that have zombies in it prove otherwise.

Why are you comparing a zombie infected with the T-virus with a zombie infected due to another Virus? Also, why are you comparing a chimpanzee to a brain dead zombie as if there intelligence are on the same level? It's obvious the chimp is far more intelligent than your average zombie.

TyrannoSpank

I'd have to say Darkside Chronicles exaggerates the puke, as well as other stuff. Thats more like an arcade game anyway, a railway shooter >.>. I think i'd rather have a zombie hurl a weapon at me then puke 10 feet though, just seems kinda dumb. RE2-ORC puking was good though. But still think zombies having range attacks is completely pointless to begin with. One point of zombies is don't let them get close to you.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Also, why are you comparing a chimpanzee to a brain dead zombie as if there intelligence are on the same level?.

woah woah, take it easy.

Get your posts straight first before saying off the wall stuff like that, I never made that comparison, someone else did.

And I am not comparing these zombies to the "old" zombies infected by the T Virus either.

I compared them to your typical zombie from all media.

The only other comparison I made was between the Chronicles zombies and the original zombies from RE1,RE2,RE3 etc and both of them are infected by the same virus.

Next time get your stuff straight before jumping head first into a discussion like this, just a tip.;)

Sarcasm doesn't win a debate really.

LOL at this line, your not saying anything I did not know, but thanks for pointing that out for me pale;)

oops! there goes my sarcasm again lol.:rolleyes:

I gave him my argument, did you miss that part before replying to my post?

I've already said my two cents, hence why my last little post wasn't that "solid".

Yep, that was my point since the very beginning.

Theres realism to simple things even if there r monsters in a game, ya know? ;)

Oh yea this I know,

But the thing is that your making it sound as if having something like "vomit" is completely unrealistic and thus weapons is better which I do not agree with.

We already have enough "unrealistic" stuff in the Resident Evil Universe, so what is wrong with some more?

No one was complaining when vomit thing was being used in the older titles and Chronicles series.

I never saw one fan say, "boooo thats unrealisitc!

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
woah woah, take it easy.

Get your posts straight first before saying off the wall stuff like that, I never made that comparison, someone else did.

And I am not comparing these zombies to the "old" zombies infected by the T Virus either.

Next time get your stuff straight before jumping head first into a discussion like this, just a tip.;)

I admit, you are PARTIALLY CORRECT in your response to me about the chimp and zombie comparing therefore I apologize. You clearly compared the Zombies of Umbrella and darkside chronicles to the zombies of RE6 as seen in your previous posts. Also lol at your smartass remarks and then putting an emoticon at the end of it as if you meant well. Seems to me like the only one who needs to take it easy, is you.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
You clearly compared the Zombies of Umbrella and darkside chronicles to the zombies of RE6 .

Where did I make such comparisons?

Point me to the post where I compared the new zombies to the old ones.

The only thing that comes to mind is when I said that they did not need weapons and can instead use the vomit from the older series as a attack.

Is that what you are referring to?

Because if so, it wasn't me "comparing" the two, but me make a straight forward statement that the vomit could have been used from the past zombies for the new ones rather than them having to use weapons.

That was more towards the argument of, "the zombies needing a range attack".

On a side note, glad my "smart remarks" amuse you.;)

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
woah woah, take it easy.

The only other comparison I made was between the Chronicles zombies and the original zombies from RE1,RE2,RE3 etc and both of them are infected by the same virus.

LOL at this line, your not saying anything I did not know, but thanks for pointing that out for me pale;)

oops! there goes my sarcasm again lol.:rolleyes:

I gave him my argument, did you miss that part before replying to my post?

I've already said my two cents, hence why my last little post wasn't that "solid".

Oh yea this I know,

But the thing is that your making it sound as if having something like "vomit" is completely unrealistic and thus weapons is better which I do not agree with.

We already have enough "unrealistic" stuff in the Resident Evil Universe, so what is wrong with some more?

No one was complaining when vomit thing was being used in the older titles and Chronicles series.

The two cents you speak of seem more like one cent to me- oops, excuse me. And yes, if one has common sense, then they do know that sarcasm doesn't win a debate- thank you for establishing that you do have that sense, sir, for I simply found the need to restate that face for you. But you are still not understanding what Mark is trying to say, are you?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
The two cents you speak of seem more like one cent to me- oops, excuse me. And yes, if one has common sense, then they do know that sarcasm doesn't win a debate- thank you for establishing that you do have that sense, sir, for I simply found the need to restate that face for you. But you are still not understanding what Mark is trying to say, are you?

For a new guy your off to a great start!

Attempting to start arguments with members will definitely get you noticed around here.:D

And I know exactly what he is trying to say, he is saying that Capcom may have wanted to go a more "realistic" way with the "zombie range attack".

But now let me ask you do you have any freaken clue of what I am trying to say?

I'm saying that I do not agree with the notion of it, "being more realistic" makes it better and thus I do not agree with it.

I would have rather had the vomit attack from the older zombies rather than the weapon one.

At least that way they would still be unarmed which is how a prefer them.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Oh yea this I know,

You still keep ignoring what I am saying, dont you? I am not saying that vomiting is unrealistic I am saying the range of it in the Chronicles was unrealistic, the range, it was literally flying in the air there lolz and of course back then no1 cared that much about such a thing since it basically was a side game in the series. And whats the point of this: "We already have enough "unrealistic" stuff in the Resident Evil Universe, so what is wrong with some more?" lmao that logic is just plain pointless. Capcom obviously is taking a more serious approach now.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
You still keep ignoring what I am saying, dont you? I am not saying that vomiting is unrealistic I am saying the range of it in the Chronicles was unrealistic, the range, it was literally flying in the air there lolz and of course back then no1 cared that much about such a thing since it basically was a side game in the series. And whats the point of this: "We already have enough "unrealistic" stuff in the Resident Evil Universe, so what is wrong with some more?" lmao that logic is just plain pointless. Capcom obviously is taking a more serious approach now.

And your obviously not getting what I am saying are you LOLz???

I'm saying I could give less of a crap about them trying to be more "realistic" in a game where zombies,mutants, and giant animals roam around.

I prefer my zombies weaponless and thus I would have rather had the vomit attack.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
The zombies still do vomit in 6, in this video around 5:33

Just in case anyone missed it before. If not, sorry for the pointless post lolz.

Edit: And that's some impressive range.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
For a new guy your off to a great start!

Attempting to start arguments with members will definitely get you noticed around here.:D

And I know exactly what he is trying to say, he is saying that Capcom may have wanted to go a more "realistic" way with the "zombie range attack".

But now let me ask you do you have any freaken clue of what I am trying to say?

I'm saying that I do not agree with the notion of it, "being more realistic" makes it better and thus I do not agree with it.

I would have rather had the vomit attack from the older zombies rather than the weapon one.

At least that way they would still be unarmed which is how a prefer them.
Finally! I was thinking how long it will take u to admit that its all just ur personal preference. How one wants things to be is one thing, how things actually are is another. Its as ridiculous as wishing money would grow on trees but in reality it doesnt.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
The zombies still do vomit in 6, in this video around 5:33

Just in case anyone missed it before. If not, sorry for the pointless post lolz.

Edit: And that's some impressive range.

Well this really just craps all over your theory of them wanting to be "more realistic" now does it Mark lol?:D

that oh so "unrealistic" vomit is still in the game.

Which only further raises the question of "what the hell is the point of the weapons now"?

If not "realistic long range" than what lol?

Top Bottom