• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who do you think is the most overated character?

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
Well, I think that most overrated is, uhm, Wesker. He wasn't playable character (at least not in main scenarios), but people still talkin' about him, only because he was main bad guy (too many times, by the way ;) ) and want to see him as a bad guy in RE7 (yeah, I read some Forums and that's what some peoples expecting, for God sake, Capcom, let him rust in peace! ;) )

I couldn´t agree more with you on this one.
You meant "rest in peace" or really rust? If it was the latter i thought it was hilarious. =P

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
I meant "rust" :) Don't you think people that Wesker is someone like a Gollum? :D Both of them were good at the begin, both of them killed for benefits, and both of them finished into volcano ;)

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I don't quite get the hate on Chris and Leon...They really aren't "Over Rated" per se. They're just main characters, so people who AREN'T fans still love them because they aren't FAMILIAR with other characters. I mean, you really don't see DEMAND for Chris and Leon in other games. People are pretty nonchalant in that they'd LIKE them there, but you really don't have fanboys/girls screaming "If Chris isn't in Resident Evil 140: Outbreak in Space I'll boycott the series!" No...I don't think they're over rated...They just get ATTENTION. That would be like calling Captain America over-rated because he's that star of his own movie, even though he's been a world famous comic character for +70 years...

As far as who I think is over-rated, I have to say Claire...Don't get me wrong, her character is awesome, but her story is DONE. Keep it that way. I see SO many people just dying to have her back, and that's just tomfoolery. He story had the right closure with the cannon movie Degeneration, so there is no NEED to bring her back. Canonically at least.

Well me neither.They appear a lot.So? If they weren´t there,still people would bitch about it because they wouldn´t have anything familiar in the games anymore .
About Claire, i agree with you on that one to,but i don´t think Degeneration was the right closure for her. There´s secondary characters who´ve had more action.seriously.

egregious zombiemasher

F.O.S solo KAT
simply put Sherry is much better than those two and the reasons are: Old girl of capcom, became an agent which reflects that her character got developed overtime according story wise and Not overrated i think.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
simply put Sherry is much better than those two and the reasons are: Old girl of capcom, became an agent which reflects that her character got developed overtime according story wise and Not overrated i think.
But Black Dragon definitely stated Sherry from RE2. That Sherry is one we CAN compare Ashley to, but that said, you're also right in that they did do a great job on Developing Sherry, and she definitely ISN'T overrated.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
But Black Dragon definitely stated Sherry from RE2. That Sherry is one we CAN compare Ashley to, but that said, you're also right in that they did do a great job on Developing Sherry, and she definitely ISN'T overrated.

Sherry was one of the survivers of Raccoon City. and she was taken care of by Leon and Claire. As for Ashley she grew up in a peaceful place.

SalazarLives1

Agree with Chris being overrated. His role in RE6 just confirmed that for me - no personality, just the head of a fighting unit. Get rid of him. Jake also extremely annoying - hope we never see him again.

WeskerLives2015

Even though I like Wesker, I agree he is a bit overrated, but I mean Leon and Chris in my opinion are too, even though I like pretty much all the main characters. And yes Hunk is ridiculously hyped, I mean he's not even a main character really, I think people just like his outfit xD

Top Bottom