• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which character is more than likely gay?

Which RE character do you think would most likely be gay/bi?

• Wesker

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Chris

Votes: 27 32.9%
  • Jill

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Rebecca

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Claire

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Sherry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jake

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Billy

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Carlos

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Leon

Votes: 15 18.3%

• Total voters

crashman

Leon is not gay he has kissed Ada and the girl in Resident evil Degeneration movie. So the fact of Leon being gay or bi not possible.Capcom offically stated that Chris and Jill are just friends. However Chris on the other hand has not kissed any girls. The first sign of Chris being gay is durring the Resident Evil Archives remake on the Gamecube and Wii. This is the spenser mansion incident. Chris will actully hold Richard hand for a bit. If you save Richard from the snake bite while Rebecca is playing the Piano you can get Chris to sit on the bed beside Richard. Also after Richard is killed by the shark he goes and tells Rebecca he turns his head and starts to cry and tells her Richard is dead. If you do not save Richard from the Snake bite and go back he will put his hands on either side of Richard head and lean in like he going to kiss him but stops. Also Enrico when you find him as Chris he will put his hand on his leg just before Enrico is shot by Wesker. Now in Revelation Chris asks Jessica to get over here and help him. Jessica saids"I'll get my sweet butt over and help you. Chris if straight would of said something, but he saids nothing. Next sign Jessica is hitting on him and he pushers her away. They just assume he already taken but just because they assume that does not mean he is with Jill. In Resident Evil 5 he cries over a guy that has been injured by the Uroboros virus created by Wesker and his partner. Chris also puts his hand down between his legs then he shook him and then started to cry. Sheva also gave a look like must be gay and then never hit on him again. Spoiler alert Chris seems to cry over the loss of Finn. Piers gets jealous over Finn. Then Chris goes into a slump and drinks over the loss of Finn after quitting the BSAA and never did over Jill when he thought she was dead. When Piers arm gets crushed and he injects himself with the C-Virus and Chris yells Piers and then after knocking out the giant transparent monster Chris also puts his hand on Piers head and leans in like he is going to kiss Piers. Also when Piers shoved Chris into the escape pod Chris is torn up about the fact of leaving Piers behind.Chris is also upset when Piers dies at the end. Then later he orders the same meal as Piers orderd at the beggining to remember Piers.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
If only I would've put Helena on here. I'm pretty sure she's the gayest out of them all now... especially after reading the files on her and Hunnigan. She just has that vibe.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
@ crashman: I agree with a lot of what you say, but are you sure that Chris ever cries? Sure, he can get very emotional, he screams and shouts and swears a lot, but I can't remember him crying. The only time he comes close to it is because of Jill, actually. Sheva says something about being his partner when they first meet, then Chris repeats "partner", thinks of Jill's grave, and if you look closely, you can see his eye twitch like he's trying to fight tears. (I don't know if "twitch" is the right word, but you'll get what I mean when you look at it.)

That scene with Richard is strange, though, now that I think of it. When you find your comrade lying motionless on the ground in a situation like this, you usually feel his pulse by touching the wrist or the throat, but Chris puts his hands around Richard's face instead. Why would he do that? Well, perhaps I was wrong all along and it wasn't really Wesker that Chris lost his virginity to.

@ Story: It should have been possible to vote for two characters, one male and one female representative of RE's LGBT community. Helena would have received my female vote as well. She doesn't look like one, but she really is an aggressive militant lesbian with a mutual crush on Hunnigan. :)

crashman

@ crashman: I agree with a lot of what you say, but are you sure that Chris ever cries? Sure, he can get very emotional, he screams and shouts and swears a lot, but I can't remember him crying. The only time he comes close to it is because of Jill, actually. Sheva says something about being his partner when they first meet, then Chris repeats "partner", thinks of Jill's grave, and if you look closely, you can see his eye twitch like he's trying to fight tears. (I don't know if "twitch" is the right word, but you'll get what I mean when you look at it.)

That scene with Richard is strange, though, now that I think of it. When you find your comrade lying motionless on the ground in a situation like this, you usually feel his pulse by touching the wrist or the throat, but Chris puts his hands around Richard's face instead. Why would he do that? Well, perhaps I was wrong all along and it wasn't really Wesker that Chris lost his virginity to.

@ Story: It should have been possible to vote for two characters, one male and one female representative of RE's LGBT community. Helena would have received my female vote as well. She doesn't look like one, but she really is an aggressive militant lesbian with a mutual crush on Hunnigan. :)

Actully I should of said Sheva stops him from crying by saying something. Also the outfit for Chris you can unlock in RE 5. I'm sorry but that Warrior outfit looks like Chris just walked out of gay leather bar.This is if you save Richard from the snake bit and Richard saves Chris from the Shark. When he tells Rebecca that Richard died he turns away and holds up his hands closer to his face. It almost like he don't want Rebecca to see him cry.

Aleck

Biohazard
Good theories, but I think Chris is just too into the war against bio terrorism, that he doesn't care for being with anybody. His significant other is the BSAA. The gay one has to be Tyrant from RE2. Its always the quiet ones...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Also the outfit for Chris you can unlock in RE 5. I'm sorry but that Warrior outfit looks like Chris just walked out of gay leather bar.

Ha ha! That was also my first thought when I saw the outfit for the first time. The leather, the muscles, the missing top... As if they were desperately trying to force him into a stereotype. Add to that Sheva's golden disco outfit with the wig, and we have Mister Gay 2009 and his favourite drag queen in "Majini Action-Horror Picture Show".
(... which is why Leather Chris + Drag Sheva is my favourite costume combination for RE5. :D )

Good theories, but I think Chris is just too into the war against bio terrorism, that he doesn't care for being with anybody. His significant other is the BSAA. The gay one has to be Tyrant from RE2. Its always the quiet ones...
Well, if you put it that way, this is a trait Chris shares with most other RE characters, which basically makes this whole thread useless if you think too much about it. But now that you say it, you might be right about that Tyrant... There's something about the way he looks at Leon... :eek: Why the hell haven't I noticed that before?

Aleck

Biohazard
Well, if you put it that way, this is a trait Chris shares with most other RE characters, which basically makes this whole thread useless if you think too much about it. But now that you say it, you might be right about that Tyrant... There's something about the way he looks at Leon... :eek: Why the hell haven't I noticed that before?

Haha that's right! Tyrant reminds of the bartender from the Rob Schneider film, "The Hot Chick."

He even has the Tyrant's facial expressions. :p

Bender the Offender

Chris...Because he could TOTALLY get Jill's attention with that fine body, but he seems to be more interested in handling Wesker if ya know what I mean...
It could be the other way around. Has Jill ever been paired up with a female before? She only ever seems to be partnered up with guys, yet shows no interest in any of them. Unless I missed something since I haven't played certain games.

Among the listed, the only ones I believe is Wesker to be asexual, Carlos hit on Jill right? Then he's straight and if what people are saying about Leon is true, then Leon is straight too. I'm leaning for the two original RE characters Jill and Chris are gay. Where did the Helena/Hunnigan info came from? That said I do have a feeling Helena and Krauser are gay. Everyone else I'm still thinking about it.

crashman

It could be the other way around. Has Jill ever been paired up with a female before? She only ever seems to be partnered up with guys, yet shows no interest in any of them. Unless I missed something since I haven't played certain games.

Among the listed, the only ones I believe is Wesker to be asexual, Carlos hit on Jill right? Then he's straight and if what people are saying about Leon is true, then Leon is straight too. I'm leaning for the two original RE characters Jill and Chris are gay. Where did the Helena/Hunnigan info came from? That said I do have a feeling Helena and Krauser are gay. Everyone else I'm still thinking about it.

I still think it just Chris and maybe Wesker was bi. Jill seems more like a "Fag hag" to Chris. I think i remember Jill kissing Carlos. However Chris has never kissed any girl. However Wentworth miller did reveal that he is gay to the public. He played Chris in the Resident Evil movies. So I have a feeling it could be the reason why they had him play the role of Chris. They might of knew about his sexual orientation. Just because it was not released to the public yet does not mean Capcom or "Screen gems" did not know about it. The info about Helena and Hunnigan is in the little info on Helena card in Resident Evil 6. It just hints that she might be gay. Leon is diffidently straight he had been in love with Ada all the way back to Resident Evil 2. He also kissed Ada too. Again like I said Chris not a single girl.

Bender the Offender

I still think it just Chris and maybe Wesker was bi. Jill seems more like a "Fag hag" to Chris. I think i remember Jill kissing Carlos. However Chris has never kissed any girl. However Wentworth miller did reveal that he is gay to the public. He played Chris in the Resident Evil movies. So I have a feeling it could be the reason why they had him play the role of Chris. They might of knew about his sexual orientation. Just because it was not released to the public yet does not mean Capcom or "Screen gems" did not know about it. The info about Helena and Hunnigan is in the little info on Helena card in Resident Evil 6. It just hints that she might be gay. Leon is diffidently straight he had been in love with Ada all the way back to Resident Evil 2. He also kissed Ada too. Again like I said Chris not a single girl.
You're over analyzing the Wentworth casting as I doubt Paul Anderson cared about anyone in those movies at that point outside his wife being the lead. Wentworth likely got the role because he was affordable, popular at the time and seen as a heartthrob, so it would've helped to get women to see the movie. Chris wasn't even portrayed at all correctly in the movie and just came off as a 2nd version of Wentworth's Prison Break character. Not to mention considering how the story for those movies went like and the major inconsistencies with both the story and mutations, I doubt Paul Anderson even played the games. Probably his staff played them and they tell him things about them and show him footage of it.

Regarding Jill I just watch gameplay videos of the 3rd game and can confirm Jill did not kissed Carlos. On the contrary when Carlos asked Jill out, she turned him down flat and seems irked by it. Furthermore she doesn't even hug him or touch him in anyway that would be seen as affectionate throughout the whole game. Even at the end when they were on the helicopter, she just keeps her own space and seemed more excited that Barry was the pilot (or I think it was Barry). Definitely disagree about the fag hag thing. First off we don't even know if Chris is gay (even though I think he is), and secondly even though the two of them are teammates a lot, they're usually not even paired together. She's with Barry and Wesker throughout RE1 (admittedly I have not played through the whole game since I only have the PS1 version), was actually meeting up with her STARS buddy Brad in RE3, was paired up with someone else in RE Revelations, she was actually the one who suggested they split up after Chris and Sheva frees her from the mind control even though Chris didn't want to in RE5, and I have not played Umbrella Chronicles.

I always saw Jill and Chris working together as a mix between nostalgia and mutual respect between old teammates. Krauser/Leon and Wesker/Jill/Chris all had the same thing in RE4 and RE5 even though they were trying to kill each other. Actually I think those guys showed more affection between one another there than Jill and Chris ever had. Especially Wesker since despite the new characters, only people Wesker ever talked about were Chris and Jill and even made Jill his second in command. I'm sure we'll get similar interactions if Rebecca and Barry are ever used more and they get to team up with Jill and Chris again. I so want to see a game that has the pairings of Jill/Rebecca and Chris/Barry.

Wesker definitely seems asexual to me. Excella looked to have the hots for him, but he showed no interest nor seemed irked by it. He just let it happen and didn't look to care one way or the other, which would be the actions of a asexual man.

Last edited:

black 93

if any characters are gay its gotta be chris. He's worked with some of the hottest women ever , jill, jessica, sheva yet shown zero interest in any of em. Hell jessica even RAISED HER BARE LEG above her head in front of him and all he said basically was lets go. Then again leon turned down ashleys offer of 'overtime' but if id had her screaching voice for all that time id say no too :D

Samuel Bowden

Zombie Killer
I love the games, but Chris would be the one who is gay. Jill shows that she cares about Chris more than partners and friends. Chris just acts like a big brother to her. I mean come on everyone thinks Jill is hot, except Chris. Now for all you people who said Leon; he's in love with Ada Wong. He kisses her after he shot the tyrant over the edge in RE2. He has always been partnered with girls (besides Krauser), or protect girls. the guy is always around them. So when he looks nice 24-7 its for the ladies.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I guess all men who don't act like nothing is more important than sex is gay...
It's not that Chris has a "nothing is more important than sex" mentality, so much so as he shows no romantic feelings for Jill at ALL. No deep looks into the eyes. No grazing of a hand. No smile other than the "Good work partner" smile.

Turo602

The King of Kings
It's not that Chris has a "nothing is more important than sex" mentality, so much so as he shows no romantic feelings for Jill at ALL. No deep looks into the eyes. No grazing of a hand. No smile other than the "Good work partner" smile.

And that has what to do with his sexuality?

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I love the games, but Chris would be the one who is gay. Jill shows that she cares about Chris more than partners and friends. Chris just acts like a big brother to her. I mean come on everyone thinks Jill is hot, except Chris. Now for all you people who said Leon; he's in love with Ada Wong. He kisses her after he shot the tyrant over the edge in RE2. He has always been partnered with girls (besides Krauser), or protect girls. the guy is always around them. So when he looks nice 24-7 its for the ladies.
There's a such thing called not mixing business with pleasure. Just because you work together doesn't mean you have to go together.

Top Bottom