• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself!

My sister is currently self-isolating with a cough and a slight temperature. We don't think she has coronavirus but we're just being safe, especially because my mother still has to care for my elderly grandparents and we don't want to risk them getting it - they have ongoing health issues and are 81 and 86, so they'd be the most at risk. For the last two weeks they've been in isolation, not because they're showing symptoms, but to protect them from exposure. We're not visiting them except to drop things off to them. It's crazy that this is what it's come to. We've also just had a message from my brother that he might be self isolating as someone he's been working with has had a test for coronavirus and the results will be given to them on Friday.

Today was my first day working from home until further notice. I'm one of the lucky ones in that I can do that. There's a slight annoyance that people who don't have a laptop where I work essentially get a few days off until a laptop is available, but hey, I'm human! :lol: I know I'm a lot luckier than most.

The shops are nuts here with people panic buying, but then where isn't that happening? Shops have actually started opening for a few hours just for pensioners which is great, it at least gives them a chance. We as a family haven't panic bought and I refuse to take more than I need. We've stocked my elderly grandparent's fridge and freezer too. If everyone didn't panic buy and maybe just took a little more than they needed, a reasonable amount, we wouldn't be in this mess in terms of food stores. Maybe that makes me crazy, I don't know.

Our government finally seems to be doing something after a period of apparent inactivity. We've been told that the schools are to close from Friday and if people can work from home, they should do so until further notice. I've also heard rumours from several different places that our army is going to be deployed to help - maybe this is planning for lockdown? Who knows. Looks like the UK are going to resume testing again too which can only be a good thing. It just seems to be an unknown as to how many cases we actually have, as we've only tested the people in hospital. We're already up to over 2600.

I'm trying to stay positive though and I'm trying to keep the spirits of those around me up too. I hope all of you guys and your families are safe and healthy.
Hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself!

My sister is currently self-isolating with a cough and a slight temperature. We don't think she has coronavirus but we're just being safe, especially because my mother still has to care for my elderly grandparents and we don't want to risk them getting it - they have ongoing health issues and are 81 and 86, so they'd be the most at risk. For the last two weeks they've been in isolation, not because they're showing symptoms, but to protect them from exposure. We're not visiting them except to drop things off to them. It's crazy that this is what it's come to. We've also just had a message from my brother that he might be self isolating as someone he's been working with has had a test for coronavirus and the results will be given to them on Friday.

Today was my first day working from home until further notice. I'm one of the lucky ones in that I can do that. There's a slight annoyance that people who don't have a laptop where I work essentially get a few days off until a laptop is available, but hey, I'm human! :lol: I know I'm a lot luckier than most.

The shops are nuts here with people panic buying, but then where isn't that happening? Shops have actually started opening for a few hours just for pensioners which is great, it at least gives them a chance. We as a family haven't panic bought and I refuse to take more than I need. We've stocked my elderly grandparent's fridge and freezer too. If everyone didn't panic buy and maybe just took a little more than they needed, a reasonable amount, we wouldn't be in this mess in terms of food stores. Maybe that makes me crazy, I don't know.

Our government finally seems to be doing something after a period of apparent inactivity. We've been told that the schools are to close from Friday and if people can work from home, they should do so until further notice. I've also heard rumours from several different places that our army is going to be deployed to help - maybe this is planning for lockdown? Who knows. Looks like the UK are going to resume testing again too which can only be a good thing. It just seems to be an unknown as to how many cases we actually have, as we've only tested the people in hospital. We're already up to over 2600.

I'm trying to stay positive though and I'm trying to keep the spirits of those around me up too. I hope all of you guys and your families are safe and healthy.

Thanks, girl! You guys take care too, hope your sister gets well soon. Not too sure about going into work tomorrow but then again I always feel that way lol.

Reading through all of these posts after being gone for a couple of days is like discovering files in a Resident Evil game XD
I’ve been wearing this damn spaces suit since yesterday! My skins getting grimy and itching all over.............
...Itchy... tasty...

1995umk3

The new layout change... although I like the old one better, what matters most I guess is that the site is still here for the R.E fans.

Is code veronica going to be on the list??

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I heard the belt makes a great teaching assistant. :wink:
I also have plans that include a dog crate, cattle prods and possible tasers.

Everyone knows I don't like kids. So the very fact I have them is a strong indicator that I'm something of a slow learner, therefore I'm clearly a poor choice for the role of educator.

Mercifully, although my job is over for the time being, my boss is letting me use the facilities as a classroom so we don't bug each other too much being stuck at home. 5 of us in a 2 bed house is a squeeze at the best of times- with Steve and my eldest both already working from home, there's little room for a classroom too.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I'm thinking that I live in Norway, it's 10:30 AM and I've been up all night.. and I need to sleep lmao

You probably have gotten some sleep by now, but seriously - get rest!

One thing that has shocked me about this website - So many Europeans have really fantastic English. Even the Brits in here!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Would we have been better off with no media? It's the news coverage that causes all the panic. People who doesn't know takes it easy.

Think of all the horrible diseases people died from 500 years ago, and up until 1942 when people started using penicillin. Smallpox, plague, tuberculosis, cholera, flu, pneumonia, and a long list of other epidemic diseases. People died in millions but they did not panic for someting that few got seriously ill from.

Of course this covid-19 should be taken seriously, but it's going too far when people fight in shops over toilet paper and the economy is heading towards meltdown.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Would we have been better off with no media? It's the news coverage that causes all the panic. People who doesn't know takes it easy.

Think of all the horrible diseases people died from 500 years ago, and up until 1942 when people started using penicillin. Smallpox, plague, tuberculosis, cholera, flu, pneumonia, and a long list of other epidemic diseases. People died in millions but they did not panic for someting that few got seriously ill from.

Of course this covid-19 should be taken seriously, but it's going too far when people fight in shops over toilet paper and the economy is heading towards meltdown.
It's a shame as well because there's such potential for the media to have a positive impact and be a force for good. The only thing it seems to be good for now is forewarning us, but sensationalism wrecks any positive effects because they exist purely to make money.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I don't know if there is a way to get accurate and true media accounts of events without sensationalist tendencies.

If news outlets had fact checkers on hand to ensure their information is 100% true - it would help, but the media thrives on events like this. It's not the best for anyone. But how could we see a change?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I don't know if there is a way to get accurate and true media accounts of events without sensationalist tendencies.

If news outlets had fact checkers on hand to ensure their information is 100% true - it would help, but the media thrives on events like this. It's not the best for anyone. But how could we see a change?

I don't think there's much to be done about the media as we know it, however we can change the way we absorb it.

I'm an advocate for getting your news from as many different and varied sources as possible. Every news outlet is biased in some way whether admitted or not. However, if you have several sources, you should be able to sort out the consistencies and figure out a less biased truth not swayed by political beliefs.

Fact checking is definitely important. I would say to do this, along with acquiring as many sources as possible.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I don't think there's much to be done about the media as we know it, however we can change the way we absorb it.

I'm an advocate for getting your news from as many different and varied sources as possible. Every news outlet is biased in some way whether admitted or not. However, if you have several sources, you should be able to sort out the consistencies and figure out a less biased truth not swayed by political beliefs.

Fact checking is definitely important. I would say to do this, along with acquiring as many sources as possible.
I heard about fake covid-19 news but I don't know if any of the serious media are making inaccurate or biased reports? Sensationalist approach maybe, but they still have to report facts.

The largest media house (NRK) in Norway is tax funded so they make no extra money if more people read/watch their reports. They talk about this disaster all day long almost, and their web pages are full of covid-19 related stuff. I think people tend to panic even if they do get accurate information.

And the government shutting down everything is fueling the panic too. I'm not saying it's wrong to shut down, but it is feeding the panic. Perhaps this is causing most of the panic, more than the media.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Ugh. Just got back from 'grocery' shopping. -_- All I want to do is buy enough food for the week and I can't even do that because people are being totally irrational and hoarding things. And I have so many health issues I have to eat a certain way or I get sick so thanks to everyones greediness I may not make it through this BS and if I do I'm going to be very sick.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Ugh. Just got back from 'grocery' shopping. -_- All I want to do is buy enough food for the week and I can't even do that because people are being totally irrational and hoarding things. And I have so many health issues I have to eat a certain way or I get sick so thanks to everyones greediness I may not make it through this BS and if I do I'm going to be very sick.
I was where you are yesterday. We were just doing our regular biweekly shopping and couldn't find anything.

I can't wait until the crazies don't have any more room to hoard and then hopefully the rest of us can get what we need to just survive.

Top Bottom