• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Right! And all those stories about the quarantine patrol that are like dragging people from their homes and taking them to hospitals and people disappearing for posting videos of that stuff. It's all just very peculiar.
It is very peculiar indeed.

What is actually really irritating me about coronavirus is how utterly stupid some people are being. I'm not saying that we should all panic when we don't have reason to - that would be ridiculous, there's no reason to worry until there's a reason to worry. However, there are people out there who are coming back from countries where the virus is more prevalent, getting sick and still exposing themselves to people. There was someone in London who had been to a country where the outbreak was more widespread, got sick, and actually called an Uber to the hospital, where she went into the Accident and Emergency department (the equivalent of the ER in America) to report that she thought she had coronavirus - and she tested positive! Just think how many people she could have potentially infected, and some of those could have been the most vulnerable people, i.e. the people sick and in hospital. She ignored all advice about self-isolation and calling for help and decided to make her own way to hospital. The same has happened with a school in England that went on a trip to Europe and came back, and one individual tested positive too.

As I said, there's no reason to overreact and worry just cos you're next to someone who has a sniffle. But I think if people think that there's a risk that they have coronavirus, they should definitely protect other people and keep it contained. I reckon that if it's going to develop into an outbreak, that's how it's going to happen.

(I don't mean to sound insensitive here or like I'm blowing things out of proportion, I'm just despairing a little at the lack of thought or regard for others that some people are showing).

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
^That sounds like a Slam Poetry Winner from 1996. I was transported to another world while reading that.

It is strange for sure. If you're going to eat one animal, why not eat them all? I only eat a very selective group of meats - but it is the same ethically as if I was eating horse, or snake, or rabbit, or bats. Then again - they did say that there is a strong possibility that eating bats lead to the Coronavirus. I haven't fact checked that - but my Mom is on Coronavirus HIGH alert.

We live in New York State in a fairly rural area, but as my boss/mom, I get to hear her worrying about it all the time.
Slam Poetry from 1996. That's a wild description, and I love it XD.

@Rain611 I feel this so hard...I'm the sucker that for a long time lived alone, and HATED being alone. So I would let friends stay with me for long periods of time when they were going through hardships. But they wouldn't get a job, or provide in any way. And even though it was stressful I just LET it happen because It was better than being in a 3 bedroom apartment alone every day. Definitely glad I'm over all of that. But I Get it, and really hope you get this fungus out soon.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Jen No I hear what you're saying. No one knows what's going on with the person next to us so why would you go out and expose yourself to so many people? People who might have conditions that lower their immune systems or are going through cancer treatment and chemo has just completely depleted their ability to fight off even a cold.

Your mind reaction to the coronavirus could be life or death for someone else. It's very selfish and self absorbed.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Glad you could rant about it to us. A lot of times, just that is enough to help. 6 days is not that long, so that is nothing but good news.

I love having people stay with me for a few days. But I always find that it is harder to have intimate relations with someone else in the house. After a few days of no "romantic liaisons", I need that person to go. Or learn to be quiet. haha

It really does help to rant here because I always feel bad when I complain to my husband because it's just as hard on him and he works 60 hours a week so otherwise I'd probably mostly keep it to myself which isn't healthy. I'm so glad it's 6 days.

Slam Poetry from 1996. That's a wild description, and I love it XD.

@Rain611 I feel this so hard...I'm the sucker that for a long time lived alone, and HATED being alone. So I would let friends stay with me for long periods of time when they were going through hardships. But they wouldn't get a job, or provide in any way. And even though it was stressful I just LET it happen because It was better than being in a 3 bedroom apartment alone every day. Definitely glad I'm over all of that. But I Get it, and really hope you get this fungus out soon.

The reason we deal with it is because it's family and we're so close to getting them out.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
^ you have the patience of a saint. My own daughter comes home for a bit and I'm ready to buy a tent and leave them all behind

Oh trust me. I've come so close to snapping and just telling said person to just get the f*** off my couch for good. They are lucky my husband sticks up for them if I'm being honest lol.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Finally some good news. A fellow classmates of mine was hired for a position at the same company that hired me. I'm so much more excited now.

Almost makes up for the fact that I need to shut down my internet so the moocher doesn't put us over since our usage has doubled since they got here.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think this may be the very first time that talking to some has literally given me a headache. Like...I've heard other people use it as an expression. "You're giving me a headache." But it actually physically just happened to me. Jesus...

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I think this may be the very first time that talking to some has literally given me a headache. Like...I've heard other people use it as an expression. "You're giving me a headache." But it actually physically just happened to me. Jesus...
My youngest son has the power to do this to me. He chatters incessantly about everything all the time like some sort of deranged hyperactive YouTuber and will literally only stop to draw breath and then launch into something completely different.

And he's the kid without a diagnosis...

Rain611

You can't kill me.
My husband bought me a baby fancy bearded dragon yesterday. He's so adorable and photogenic. He has an especially red scale pattern. We named him Bruce. You know, because of the chin lol.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I can’t wait for time travel to be invented. Can you imagine the f*ckin pranks. Like, I’ll take my girlfriend 30 years in the future. Do some sight seeing. Then when she’s not looking teleport back to our time. Wait thirty years. Show up in my 50s, dragging an oxygen tank, skin looking like a map for blind people, just to find her as the age I left her and be like “aaaaah gotcha!!” …and it would be hilarious…

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm from Italy, The situation in my country is currently very critical due to the corona virus, the president decided to block the country and close everything to try and stop the virus spreading
Cinema, bar, restaurant and all shop that didn't sell basic necessities are all closed
We can't go out of our house, we can only go out for work, to go to the farmacy, to the medic or to the hospital and you must have an auto certification to move... Police and other force of law are petrolling the streets to guarantee that nobody get out of they're house, if someone get caught they're can be Prosecute criminally, a penalty of 200 euro had to be payed or you can go to jail for 3 month or even 6 years
I would never have imagined something like this, but i feel like Jill trapped into her apartment during re 3, i cant go to work, and i cant exit to go and find my friends, i don't even know if i would be able to buy resident evil 3 since my game shop is closed

Maybe this all sound ridicolous but it's all true

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
In New York State, they are contemplating a lot of the same changes. When the state government proposes such ideas, they are using the issues that Italy is facing as the reason. Italy is a well established, big country and they weren't quite prepared for how fast the Corona Virus has spread. Preventative measures are always better than reactive measures.

People are making jokes about people buying bulk food and toilet paper, but that is a good idea in a quarantine situation. While in some parts of the World, the virus isn't a major issue yet - if the infection rate grows at the rate it has in countries like Italy or Iran, there will be supply shortages and overwhelmed hospitals. The sick and the elderly have to be serious about this. And we have a duty to not spread it to them. I feel like I would be fine, but I don't want to hurt my grandparents or my 1 month old niece.

Good luck AlbertWesker959 - if you get bored while on lockdown, we'll be here to talk to ya!

Additionally, here is a map for anyone interested in seeing where the Virus has spread Globally: https://vac-lshtm.shinyapps.io/ncov_tracker/

It is updated daily I think.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm from Italy, The situation in my country is currently very critical due to the corona virus, the president decided to block the country and close everything to try and stop the virus spreading
Cinema, bar, restaurant and all shop that didn't sell basic necessities are all closed
We can't go out of our house, we can only go out for work, to go to the farmacy, to the medic or to the hospital and you must have an auto certification to move... Police and other force of law are petrolling the streets to guarantee that nobody get out of they're house, if someone get caught they're can be Prosecute criminally, a penalty of 200 euro had to be payed or you can go to jail for 3 month or even 6 years
I would never have imagined something like this, but i feel like Jill trapped into her apartment during re 3, i cant go to work, and i cant exit to go and find my friends, i don't even know if i would be able to buy resident evil 3 since my game shop is closed

This is all unfortunate but I'm glad you posted. When I saw on the news that all of Italy had been quarantined, you're the first person that came to mind if I'm being honest. You seem to be alright though and I see you here and there on PSN so at least that's good. Hopefully this blows over before too long.

D

Deleted member 21244

Thank you @Rain611 @UniqTeas for all your warm kindness, i hope the situation get better soon

You have right, this is no joke, even if in the rest of the world the virus isn't yet spread as in my country it's still better to use precaution especially for people who are more at risk

@Rain611 yeah I'm on the psn almost all day now since i can't get out of my house, me and all my friend made a team and play apex legend, and we play while we talk to each other in party so we can stay constantly into contact whit each other to not think at the situation and not get bored

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

Is that the same as a curfew?
Norway is closing down too now, but we don't have curfew.

One of the earliest cases here is an employee at a Oslo hospital. He came home from Italy and went back to work at the hospital. He later tested positive for the Covid-19 virus and many others who worked at, or was patients at his division in the hospital was infected. Hundreds were put in quarantine after being near that person.

How can you have qualified to a doctor or nurse and have so poor judgement in a medical matter like this? After returning from Italia he should have stayed at his home for two weeks. Not go to work at a hospital like he was some fu**ing zombie.

Top Bottom