• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I heard about those outrageous prices on the radio. I don't understand how those sell.
I mean, depending on the band, I would pay that much for tickets. I did for Elton John some years ago. As for Rage, I would 100% pay that much if I wasn't already paying a lawyer exorbitant amounts of money in a custody case lol.

I've started changing the reference on my daughter's bank transfers.

Now when she taps me for cash, her statements will show every transfer I make as one of the following:

Hookers

Coke

Human trafficking

Imma sit back and see how long it takes before she notices and then STOPS asking for money quite so often.
This is the most beautiful think I have read all day...and cannot be topped.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The Spring is almost here and I am looking forward to getting back in to working out. Usually, I have an annual workout rush from March through June and then stagnate for a while. Since I bought the new house, I have a ton of woods and remote roads to jog. Looking forward to it. I am at my heaviest in the past 5 years right now (Around 260 lbs.) and I am looking forward to wittling down a little bit of the spare tire. haha

Rain611

You can't kill me.
CT : Will we ever get another playable left handed Resident Evil character?

I really appreciate when games do this because I am left handed and I like to see devs represent the 10% if you know what I mean. I always loved that Link is left handed (in most LoZ games) and I preferred playing as Sheva in RE5 because she is left handed.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Ah, a fellow leftie!

I just want a new pair of left handed scissors...

CT: need coffee. And brunch. And some downtime to game...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
CT : Will we ever get another playable left handed Resident Evil character?

I really appreciate when games do this because I am left handed and I like to see devs represent the 10% if you know what I mean. I always loved that Link is left handed (in most LoZ games) and I preferred playing as Sheva in RE5 because she is left handed.
I have forced ambidexterity. I was born left handed, but I was raised by my grandparents who were those real oldschool types that thought being left handed was a bad thing, so they forced me to use my right hand for everything. Now I have equal skills with both! My left is still the more dominant of the two, but being able to use both comes in...handy...

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
I have forced ambidexterity. I was born left handed, but I was raised by my grandparents were those real oldschool types that thought being left handed was a bad thing, so they forced me to use my right hand for everything. Now I have equal skills with both! My left is still the more dominant of the two, but being able to use both comes in...handy...

Ah yes, the ole tug and rub. Only few posses this skill.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
My brother and I both apparently started trying to use our left hand at an early age but my dad switched us. When my mother told him they say you shouldn't do that he told her: "This world isn't made with left handed people in mind. When a man's building a house, he's not thinking that the man who buys it might be left handed."

We're both right handed.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
To my tech savvy dudes and ladies:

Have you guys ever had to block the MAC address to one of your family members devices on your router so they would get off their @sses and do something after almost 3 weeks of mooching and utter lack of motivation to do anything to help themselves? Cause I'm about to.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So...I don't want to sound ignorant or tone deaf or whatever but... Has the coronavirus made anyone else think of Resident Evil?

Just hear me out before anyone jumps on me! I'm not trying to be insensitive but this **** is deadly, it's spreading pretty rapidly and then there's those horror stories of enforced quarantine - and I am not talking about those cruise ships either.

The only thing this virus isn't doing right now is reanimating people.:eek: If someone was creating zombies out there we'd all be screwed.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
So...I don't want to sound ignorant or tone deaf or whatever but... Has the coronavirus made anyone else think of Resident Evil?

Just hear me out before anyone jumps on me! I'm not trying to be insensitive but this **** is deadly, it's spreading pretty rapidly and then there's those horror stories of enforced quarantine - and I am not talking about those cruise ships either.

The only thing this virus isn't doing right now is reanimating people.:eek: If someone was creating zombies out there we'd all be screwed.
It is pretty concerning how rapidly it's spreading and it definitely makes me worry a little, especially when two of the cruise ship passengers who tested positive for coronavirus are being treated in my local hospital. Though I suppose they're taking the utmost care to quarantine and isolate them. Scary stuff. It's literally like a virus outbreak from a Resident Evil game and it's spreading rapidly.

As a side note, it is ironic that RE6 has a C-virus outbreak in China. There's also a weird reference in a Dean Koontz book that I saw on Twitter that is oddly coincidental.

It's strange how works of fiction sometimes mirror real-life events.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
It is pretty concerning how rapidly it's spreading and it definitely makes me worry a little, especially when two of the cruise ship passengers who tested positive for coronavirus are being treated in my local hospital. Though I suppose they're taking the utmost care to quarantine and isolate them. Scary stuff. It's literally like a virus outbreak from a Resident Evil game and it's spreading rapidly.

As a side note, it is ironic that RE6 has a C-virus outbreak in China. There's also a weird reference in a Dean Koontz book that I saw on Twitter that is oddly coincidental.

It's strange how works of fiction sometimes mirror real-life events.
Right! And all those stories about the quarantine patrol that are like dragging people from their homes and taking them to hospitals and people disappearing for posting videos of that stuff. It's all just very peculiar.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Why do we eat cows, but not horses. That’s stupid. Cows are just obese midget horses. Instead of eating horse, we just use their feet to make icky, sticky stuff that gets all over our hands when we do arts and crafts to make something sh*tty for you mom on mothers day that she’s gonna pretend to like because she has to. It’s dumb. The Chinese eat dogs, but dog food is made out of horse. So the Chinese are also eating horse, just with a dog in the middle, which seems like an unnecessary step that we can just cut out, and the stupid super cow that runs fast when it doesn’t have glue feet.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
^That sounds like a Slam Poetry Winner from 1996. I was transported to another world while reading that.

It is strange for sure. If you're going to eat one animal, why not eat them all? I only eat a very selective group of meats - but it is the same ethically as if I was eating horse, or snake, or rabbit, or bats. Then again - they did say that there is a strong possibility that eating bats lead to the Coronavirus. I haven't fact checked that - but my Mom is on Coronavirus HIGH alert.

We live in New York State in a fairly rural area, but as my boss/mom, I get to hear her worrying about it all the time.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm in week 3 of having a guest on my couch (in a 1 bedroom apartment) and I'm going crazy. I'm introverted so when I come home from work I like to sit in my couch and watch a movie or play a game to decompress from my day and for 3 weeks I haven't been able to. It's getting to the point where every little thing about this person annoys me. The fact that literally all they do is watch TV and sleep on the couch. The fact that they never help clean the apartment. The fact that I'm taking the trash out every other day. The fact that they are so damn loud when they eat. The fact that they chain smoke and drink rum from sun up to sun down. The fact that my husband and I have done all the legwork to get this person a place of their own. It's killing me.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That is a terrible situation. It's hard to address these things with people who don't care about your time or feelings too. I hope it ends sooner than later for you.

I always find that talking things through in a positive way first makes things go right, but if they don't react well - **** it. Tell them the truth. lol. Depends on how you want to preserve the existing relationship I suppose.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
That is a terrible situation. It's hard to address these things with people who don't care about your time or feelings too. I hope it ends sooner than later for you.

I always find that talking things through in a positive way first makes things go right, but if they don't react well - **** it. Tell them the truth. lol. Depends on how you want to preserve the existing relationship I suppose.

If all goes according to plan, said person moves into the apartment I secured for them in 6 days and I am counting every one of them. I look forward to the day when I can deep clean my couch and veg out on it for a day and play video games and watch Hannibal to my heart's content.

In this case, it's a situation where they say what they think we (my husband and I) want to hear and then never act accordingly. They once made the mistake of telling us to leave them alone when we were trying to get them to actually do something, at which point I went off on them. They haven't done that since.

And then the other day they bitched about our internet service, regardless of the fact that don't do anything to contribute, which is when I whitelisted my own tv so they would get motivated enough to finish paying for their apartment that they didn't work for -_-.

I'm so over this. 6 days and counting. /Rant

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Glad you could rant about it to us. A lot of times, just that is enough to help. 6 days is not that long, so that is nothing but good news.

I love having people stay with me for a few days. But I always find that it is harder to have intimate relations with someone else in the house. After a few days of no "romantic liaisons", I need that person to go. Or learn to be quiet. haha

Top Bottom