• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah - just movies in general need to rely a little less on CGI.

Even with modern CGI, the puppets of the 80s and 90s still look better in a lot of situations. Costumes were amazing. I think there is room to blend between the lines.

For instance, the original Lord Of The Rings Trilogy looked about 100X better than the crappy CGI used in the Hobbit films. I know they were looking for a different feel, but it could've looked way better.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah - just movies in general need to rely a little less on CGI.

Even with modern CGI, the puppets of the 80s and 90s still look better in a lot of situations. Costumes were amazing. I think there is room to blend between the lines.

For instance, the original Lord Of The Rings Trilogy looked about 100X better than the crappy CGI used in the Hobbit films. I know they were looking for a different feel, but it could've looked way better.
I agree...Practical effects over CGI any day. Can you imagine how garbage Gremlins would like if it was made today?

CT: Have you ever wished that in movies or TV shows that bad guy would win. Not just to subvert expectations, but because that's just how life is sometimes? Quite often I fantasize about how if I were to write a novel or make a TV show, I'd have the bad guy win JUST to sour experience for the individuals reading or watching. Well...that was done to me tonight during the anime that had been one of my highest hopes for the 2020 winter season. And while I'm in shock...and while I hated seeing it. It was exactly how it should have happened. 10/10.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
CT: Don't you just love the feeling of sitting in a warm, cosy room with a hot drink, listening to a storm outside? The wind and rain are battering my window right now and I just love listening to it. It's calming.
Oh, you make me yearn! T-T
That sounds absolutely amazing right now! Ya know what...I may make some hot chocolate at dinner tonight.

Reactions: Jen

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Never did I, a 25 year old white boy from the farmlands of a Lynyrd Skynyrd video, think I’d be on the internet with something to say about Wiz Khalifa…But Sonic the Hedgehog is involved. And as someone who has spent more time playing Sonic growing up than he did forming Long lasting, strong, functional friendships, I feel like I’ve earned the right to have an opinion on the matter.

Speed Me Up is being used as the theme song for the Live Action Sonic the Hedgehog movie. And this is awful. Not as a song in general. For those into that kinda music, it’s probably not bad. The beat is even kind of catchy to be honest. But it does not capture the essence of Sonic games. Ever sense Sonic graced our magical moving picture boxes with full 3D Polygonal pixels with Sonic Adventure in 1998, he’s had differing theme songs from game to game. Always Rock music. Traditionally by a band called Crush 40, however, bands like Zebrahead, Bowling for Soup, and Hoobastank have also hit the ground running with their turns in the spotlight. (flawless running joke in a Sonic post? Check )

The music video is a must watch. Advertises the movie while paying GREAT homages to past Sonic games of the 2D era. And that should be talked about, since I want to do nothing but verbally eviscerate this assault on the sense of hearing, with it’s complete lack of cohesion with the world of Sonic. I would rather take a drill to my own ear drum, and let the final sound I ever hear be that of my own self imposed deafness, than a song like this be associated with the Blue Dude with a Tude. My rant is over for now…but uh…I’m watching you Hollywood. Aaaaaaalways watching.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Never did I, a 25 year old white boy from the farmlands of a Lynyrd Skynyrd video, think I’d be on the internet with something to say about Wiz Khalifa…But Sonic the Hedgehog is involved. And as someone who has spent more time playing Sonic growing up than he did forming Long lasting, strong, functional friendships, I feel like I’ve earned the right to have an opinion on the matter.

Speed Me Up is being used as the theme song for the Live Action Sonic the Hedgehog movie. And this is awful. Not as a song in general. For those into that kinda music, it’s probably not bad. The beat is even kind of catchy to be honest. But it does not capture the essence of Sonic games. Ever sense Sonic graced our magical moving picture boxes with full 3D Polygonal pixels with Sonic Adventure in 1998, he’s had differing theme songs from game to game. Always Rock music. Traditionally by a band called Crush 40, however, bands like Zebrahead, Bowling for Soup, and Hoobastank have also hit the ground running with their turns in the spotlight. (flawless running joke in a Sonic post? Check )

The music video is a must watch. Advertises the movie while paying GREAT homages to past Sonic games of the 2D era. And that should be talked about, since I want to do nothing but verbally eviscerate this assault on the sense of hearing, with it’s complete lack of cohesion with the world of Sonic. I would rather take a drill to my own ear drum, and let the final sound I ever hear be that of my own self imposed deafness, than a song like this be associated with the Blue Dude with a Tude. My rant is over for now…but uh…I’m watching you Hollywood. Aaaaaaalways watching.

Are you even surprised though? One good look at the film you can see the same exact lifeless cash grabbing Hollywood bullsh*t that we did with that awful Ninja Turtles reboot. Terrible Wiz Khalifa song that has nothing to do with the property included. These aren't films aimed at the core audience. They're aimed at people more interested in films like The Fast and the Furious who have a slight nostalgia for things like Transformers, Ninja Turtles, and Sonic, who can now take their kids to see these terrible movies that fail miserably to capture what made it appealing enough to adapt to begin with because they rather reinvent them to make these stupid cartoon characters you were once considered lame for liking into something more hip and mainstream for a brain dead audience.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Are you even surprised though? One good look at the film you can see the same exact lifeless cash grabbing Hollywood bullsh*t that we did with that awful Ninja Turtles reboot. Terrible Wiz Khalifa song that has nothing to do with the property included. These aren't films aimed at the core audience. They're aimed at people more interested in films like The Fast and the Furious who have a slight nostalgia for things like Transformers, Ninja Turtles, and Sonic, who can now take their kids to see these terrible movies that fail miserably to capture what made it appealing enough to adapt to begin with because they rather reinvent them to make these stupid cartoon characters you were once considered lame for liking into something more hip and mainstream for a brain dead audience.
I don't know...There's a lot about the Sonic Trailer, as well as from the director and producers comments, that I really do think are good things. I'm gonna give the film a view. BUT! I agree...You're correct. Hollywood has a great way of taking 80's and 90's properties, and doing to them what Dave Westerfield did to Danielle Van Dam

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Don't give them ideas. :lol:

Unbeknownst to us, Hollywood shills are staring at this website right now, greedily rubbing their hands together as their pupils turn into oversized dollar signs

Are you guys telling me to.... Shhhh?

AiUvK1Im.jpg

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Well, they're actually already developing an animated Super Mario film for 2022. We'll see what impact that'll have. :lol:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, they're actually already developing an animated Super Mario film for 2022. We'll see what impact that'll have. :lol:
Have you watched the Cinemassacre video where they deconstruct the OG Mario Bros movie and show how it's actually pretty damn good? I was kinda floored lol

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Just got back from Nashville for my birthday weekend and man, was it a wild time.

When they say it is a Music City, they are not lying. Every bar/honky tonk you walk in to has an amazing cover band playing usually from noon until 3 AM. Every act that comes on is as good as the last and you can request just about any song and they will just KNOW how to play it. And the music was fairly diverse - there was Country, Classic Rock, Hair Metal, 80's, 90's, Modern pop, Older Pop, Classic Twangy Country. It was awesome to see the diversity around the music scene.

I stayed at the Moxie hotel. Every hotel room has a tuned acoustic guitar next to the bed for you to play. My fiance and I both play light guitar, so it was great just waking up and playing some easy songs before breakfast.

I have to say - the food was delicious, but man, did they BBQ or fry every single thing. I don't think I had one vegetable the entire weekend unless you consider the copious amounts of Cole Slaw as a healthy alternative. haha

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
@UniqTeas Sounds great, and happy belated! BBQ is always a win-win. I really wanna visit Nashville and those surrounding places in the southern US like New Orleans. I've only been to the East coast so I definitely want to see more of the "inside" of the country.

Cole slaw is one of my guilty pleasures btw. It goes well with so many things, not just BBQ.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Just got back from Nashville for my birthday weekend and man, was it a wild time.

When they say it is a Music City, they are not lying. Every bar/honky tonk you walk in to has an amazing cover band playing usually from noon until 3 AM. Every act that comes on is as good as the last and you can request just about any song and they will just KNOW how to play it. And the music was fairly diverse - there was Country, Classic Rock, Hair Metal, 80's, 90's, Modern pop, Older Pop, Classic Twangy Country. It was awesome to see the diversity around the music scene.

I stayed at the Moxie hotel. Every hotel room has a tuned acoustic guitar next to the bed for you to play. My fiance and I both play light guitar, so it was great just waking up and playing some easy songs before breakfast.

I have to say - the food was delicious, but man, did they BBQ or fry every single thing. I don't think I had one vegetable the entire weekend unless you consider the copious amounts of Cole Slaw as a healthy alternative. haha

I went there last summer and it was a blast! One of my favorite cities I’ve been to. I was listening to country for weeks afterwards. :lol:
Happy belated birthday, btw!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Thanks y'all!

If anyone is going to Nashville any time soon, I have a list of fun things to do. But most of them are just listening to music and chilling in Honky Tonks. haha.

And I have to say - New Orleans is my favorite city I have ever been to. I went in April 2016 and it is unlike any other place on Earth. Bourbon street is a nonstop party no matter what time of year. April in New Orleans feels like late July in the Northeast. It is hot. The architecture all around is super unique. There are jazz bands roaming the streets. Art is everywhere. The graveyards are full of history and beauty. You will never experience anything like it.

Top Bottom