• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
It's becoming more and more like living in one of those horror movies.

I heard on TV that some people only get food from catering services now, they are isolating themselves. Not because they are ill, but because they are afraid of getting ill. Maybe they have seen a lot of horror movies. :razz:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Apparently British PM Boris Johnson has it now too. That can't be a good sign. I do not follow a lot of British politics, but having a leader who is sick can not be a good thing. I am quarantining hard and hopeful everyone is doing what they can!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Well 15 minutes before we closed today, we found out that a corporate big wig declared we needed to be open on Saturdays still and is making everyone come in 6 days next week and closing 30 minutes earlier Monday through Friday.
He’s in every way a corporate douche.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Well 15 minutes before we closed today, we found out that a corporate big wig declared we needed to be open on Saturdays still and is making everyone come in 6 days next week and closing 30 minutes earlier Monday through Friday.
He’s in every way a corporate douche.

Wow that's terrible. What do you do if you don't mind me asking?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Wow that's terrible. What do you do if you don't mind me asking?
I work at a credit union.

I get it that we are “essential” but many other financial institutions have either adjusted their hours or completely closed branches that don't have drive throughs.
I’d rather have my normal schedule than what they decided.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Here in Sweden the health authorities have decided to do a little bit of experimenting. Contrary to the rest of Europe, there are no plans for a nationwide lockdown. Elementary schools are still open, bars and restaurants are open, and Swedes are still allowed to roam freely around the country. I'm very sceptical and furious about their incompetency surrounding the situation. They've underestimated the spread of the virus over and over again, and only putting rules into effect when they have absolutely no other choice. The situation is very telling of Sweden as a whole, a country which puts the individual's freedom and integrity above everything else - even if it means the death of someone else.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Apparently British PM Boris Johnson has it now too. That can't be a good sign. I do not follow a lot of British politics, but having a leader who is sick can not be a good thing. I am quarantining hard and hopeful everyone is doing what they can!
He's only mildly sick - there's been some kerfuffle about him getting tested with only mild symptoms when frontline staff are not getting tested at all, but in my opinion he's the guy running the country and needs to be kept well. Plus his girlfriend is pregnant, so better safe than sorry.

Now Prince Charles skipping the queue for testing? That hacked me right off. He's unimportant, nonessential, unelected and with "mild symptoms", he didn't need to get preferential treatment.

On the upside, now NHS workers are going to get testing. It makes sense, after all.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Here in Sweden the health authorities have decided to do a little bit of experimenting. Contrary to the rest of Europe, there are no plans for a nationwide lockdown. Elementary schools are still open, bars and restaurants are open, and Swedes are still allowed to roam freely around the country. I'm very sceptical and furious about their incompetency surrounding the situation. They've underestimated the spread of the virus over and over again, and only putting rules into effect when they have absolutely no other choice. The situation is very telling of Sweden as a whole, a country which puts the individual's freedom and integrity above everything else - even if it means the death of someone else.
I heard the Sweden plan was (originally, maybe it has changed) to let people get sick to gain mass imunity. I don't know if that's a worse plan than locking down the country for weeks, the virus will not be gone.
In Sweden you have a tradition to follow expert advice, and your government did also in this case. Perhaps expert advice was not good in this case, but in other areas like road building it works well, much better than the Norwegian model where politicians who doesn't understand are making all the decisions based on what makes them popular in their home region.

Swedes are still allowed to roam freely around the country
Taken out of context this sounds very funny. :biggrin:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The times we're living in right now are crazy.

I've been working from home since mid March and haven't left the house since then. I definitely understand why it's necessary and I think everyone should stay home unless it's for the essentials or for a walk. I'm missing family and friends (particularly my grandparents) but it's good to know that we're all keeping each other safe.

I've actually been self-isolating for the last ten days. I started experiencing splitting headaches, weakness, body aches and a high temperature over a week ago, which was followed days later by a continuous cough and the loss of my senses of taste and smell. I've truly felt awful. Whether or not I've had corona or just the flu, I don't know, but it doesn't really make a difference either way, does it? I'll never find out as I won't be tested, so no point on dwelling on a definitive answer. Myself and my family have stayed/are staying away from others until we're all better regardless, just to be sure.

Today is the first day that I actually feel okay, though. I still have a cough, but I don't feel quite as drained and weak as I have done. I think this was also partly helped by a group House Party chat with my friends though. Laughter truly is an effective medicine.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Based on what I've been told by friends who've definitely had the virus, you may well have had it, to be honest. But either way, really glad you're on the mend.

So far lockdown has been tolerable but boring - if boredom is the worst thing we have to deal with, I'd say we've gotten off lightly.

Been disappointed with Disney+ though...very little content there compared to the hype I was seeing about it. Sticking to Netflix and Prime, I reckon, until Disney stop relying on The Mandalorian to boost their service

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Speaking of the Coronavirus, I just got hit with this notification on my Amazon order:

4EfSZfZ.gif

And not only that, but the faster Prime delivery on the 11th for War of the Planet of the Apes Blu-Ray was pushed back to the 29th BEFORE it shipped, so it looks like I won't be getting that any time soon, either. In fact, all movies have had their faster deliveries pushed back as of this morning, even for Prime members. This was after they just lifted the delayed, month-long Prime deliveries, too.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Speaking of the Coronavirus, I just got hit with this notification on my Amazon order:
No kidding... I got the same treatment with my very own physical copy of RE3 remake. Since they failed to deliver it on release date I purchased it digitally instead, and luckily I can just send the physical copy back so I don't need to pay twice for the same product. But still, it's really ****ty.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
No kidding... I got the same treatment with my very own physical copy of RE3 remake. Since they failed to deliver it on release date I purchased it digitally instead, and luckily I can just send the physical copy back so I don't need to pay twice for the same product. But still, it's really ****ty.

I know, it's such bullsh!t, especially since Amazon can't make up their damn minds. First they said they're pushing back all game/movie deliveries for up to a month because, and I quote "We’re temporarily prioritizing the delivery of some items in order to serve our customers in need and ensure the safety of our associates. As a result, some delivery times are longer than usual." Then they lift those month long deliveries and start delivering "non-essential" items a week out at most for Prime members, only to reinstate them at the last second.

Oh, and I noticed the Shin Godzilla Blu-Ray I ordered was conveniently delisted from Prime delivery the day it was supposed to ship and it no longer has the Amazon discount (it was originally selling for $5, exactly why I ordered it), that's probably why it was cancelled, f*cking Amazon. Suffice to say I'm probably cancelling my Prime membership this month, it's not worth waiting a month for deliveries even if it's free shipping. OTOH, Best Buy still delivers items in a timely fashion, I'll probably just stick with them.

On the plus side, though, I just got an e-mail notification letting me know my other Blu-Ray I ordered (Rise of the Planet of the Apes, I ordered that one because I noticed they only had 2 copies left) has shipped, so it looks like I will be getting it on time (the posted date when I ordered it), thank God for that at least.

I also pre-ordered several movies (Bad Boys For Life, Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge and The Invisible Man), though thankfully that was through Best Buy, so no delays on those, either.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Shipping is out of control right now due to people not being able to leave their homes and needing/wanting supplies. My nephews birthday was yesterday, but his gifts with Prime shipping won't be there until the 29th. Wild. But I understand it. BTW - my nephew wanted a Naruto Shippuden Rock Lee Action Figure. Why Rock Lee? haha

I had a mulch delivery from Home Deport yesterday. It was scheduled for two days ago, but they had to postpone by a day - no big deal. But I got a call from the Store Manager saying if it wasn't able to be delivered, he would personally bring it to my home which is 40 minutes away. I told him it was unnecessary, but he just kept insisting! Luckily, the truck was able to deliver the mulch and I can start gardening soon. But it is a fairly bleak, rainy day in the Hudson Valley, NY - so maybe tomorrow or the weekend.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Went to a supermarket for the first time in a month...and I genuinely wish it was possible to shop like that every time. No one crowding, shoving, reaching over you, pushing your trolley out of the way so they can squeeze into a 3 inch gap for the last packet of whatever...and no groups of gossipy women blocking entire aisles so they can discuss gibberish.

Ok, so the wait outside was a while, but the weather was nice and I was able to chat with someone I hadn't seen for weeks. In fact, the only disgruntled people I came across were the elderly doing their shopping but seemingly outraged that others had the audacity to need food too.

It was chill, quiet and above all, much quicker once inside. I got everything bar two items on my admittedly huge shopping list and that's us for another few weeks. I can use local shops for my top ups and hopefully restrictions may have lifted slightly by the time I need to venture out further again.

Spent far too much but we're covered for essentials now - plus got the last leg of lamb for Easter Sunday as well as a huge chocolate bunny for the kids to share which had been marked down from £5.99 to £1.99.

With 5 of us and two with a form of ARFID, it can be tricky to feed everyone the things they will eat - I was worried the shelves would be empty, but no such issues.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Wow - shopping here in upstate NY - shelves are still pretty stocked. Meat, bananas, and any form of bathroom tissue is gone. But I can eat veggies for days. The Mrs. is a vegetarian, so I can conserve whatever kind of meat I desire for myself.

And by the way, I love it when I see £ on anything. That symbol is beautiful! Better than $ in my opinion. Can't wait to get back to the UK although I don't know when I can go. Looks like next trip will be most of Ireland and then back to London again because why not. But when!?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much better. I'm just about fully recovered, with only a very slight cough every now and again and a residual weakness from lack of activity for the last two weeks. I'm just enjoying breathing easily so much right now.

I was thinking the other day that it's so irritating that I had my hair dyed for the first time in two years the week before we went into lockdown. Really good move to have it done only to not see anybody for potentially three months or more. :lol:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Here's a nice break from coronavirus for you guys...

As you guys know, I work in IT. What you may not know is I've been through the police academy. Realized I was a TERRIBLE cop, so that never lasted long. However, seems I may get to stop some crimes after all. Yesterday I talked with a store while the cops were there because dude walks in and tries to use three stolen credit cards for big purchases. All of them decline. And the cops were wanting the card records for proof. Which was crazy...I had to do a bunch of cool "Detective work" to get those XD.

Then TODAY, I just got off the phone, they were needing to reprint an invoice to get a customer name that had a freaking SHOOT OUT with other people in the parking lot!

I told the dude I didn't realize we even had stores in Liberty City...Which got a good laugh.

Seriously though, two incidents two days in a row...I fix computers for a living now guys! What a world...

Last edited:
Top Bottom