• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I love the feeling of being just the right person for the job. haha. That is cool that you're still using your detective skills despite following a different path.

I thought about being a cop when I was in my early twenties. But I was doing too many illegal things at the time. haha

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I love the feeling of being just the right person for the job. haha. That is cool that you're still using your detective skills despite following a different path.

I thought about being a cop when I was in my early twenties. But I was doing too many illegal things at the time. haha
Yeah...I kinda was too XD. But...only small scale lol

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
For someone whose Member Description says, "I make good toast," - well, that fits. haha.

I never did anything really bad at the time. But I still think Police Tolerance for any illegal activity is pretty low. lol.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
When it’s 3:30 in the morning and you wanna play Persona 5 Royal but you’ve fallen down a rabbit hole of Jackie Chan interviews on YouTube and you JUST. CANT. STOP. Because the dude is so perfect and charismatic…

Mr.R

Sony announced on Twitter that they're lauching a campaign called "Play at Home" and they'll be giving two games for free tomorrow, 15th. (Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey.). Cool, I thought. I don't have the Uncharted collection yet (I have the separate games on PS3) and I never actually played Journey. Cool. Nice iniciative in times like those. You can check it here: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/14/announcing-the-play-at-home-initiative/

However I made the mistake of looking at the tweet's replies. Most of them were people complaining that those two games were on PS Plus a while ago (I don't have PS Plus yet, because I'm not too keen on online multiplayer. I'll be getting though, for some discounts, but I mostly forget. Anyway...) and complaining that they could've put other games there. Come on...they're giving it for free. Not everyone has PS Plus. I mean...I just looked at the replies and shook my head. You don't need to defend companies all the time, they have lawyers for that but...some people are really ungrateful these days. If you already own the games, give a thumbs up for the ones who doesn't and move on.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Sony announced on Twitter that they're lauching a campaign called "Play at Home" and they'll be giving two games for free tomorrow, 15th. (Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey.). Cool, I thought. I don't have the Uncharted collection yet (I have the separate games on PS3) and I never actually played Journey. Cool. Nice iniciative in times like those.

However I made the mistake of looking at the tweet's replies. Most of them were people complaining that those two games were on PS Plus a while ago (I don't have PS Plus yet, because I'm not too keen on online multiplayer. I'll be getting though, for some discounts, but I mostly forget. Anyway...) and complaining that they could've put other games there. Come on...they're giving it for free. Not everyone has PS Plus. I mean...I just looked at the replies and shook my head. You don't need to defend companies all the time, they have lawyers for that but...some people are really ungrateful these days. If you already own the games, give a thumbs up for the ones who doesn't and move on.

Dude Journey is amazing, it's one of my favorite games. It's kind of niche though.

Mr.R

Dude Journey is amazing, it's one of my favorite games. It's kind of niche though.

Oh, that's cool! From what I've seen of the game over the years, it doesn't look to be exactly my kind of game, but I'm willing to give it a try (after FF7, of course xD).

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Oh, that's cool! From what I've seen of the game over the years, it doesn't look to be exactly my kind of game, but I'm willing to give it a try (after FF7, of course xD).

It's kind of hard to get a feel for it until you actually play it imo. But I don't blame you. My weekends are consumed with FFVII.

Mr.R

It's kind of hard to get a feel for it until you actually play it imo. But I don't blame you. My weekends are consumed with FFVII.

I can't hardly wait to jump on FF7 (Internet, here in Brazil...is not the fastest, and in this pandemic times is even slower. I'm halfway there though xD)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
FF7R is a fantastic ride. I am about half way through. Sure, there are places that disappoint. But overall, it still feels and looks like a 10. And the boss fights are great. Just hard enough to test all of the skills you're currently learning, but not overwhelm you once you get a pattern down.

I am excited to play Journey. I have never played it before and some people still freak out over the content.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Caught a queen wasp coming out of hibernation - fed her some chocolate and let her go outside.

I'm petrified of wasps, as you all know, but this was fascinating. Watching her wake up (from the safety of being outside the glass jar) and then watching her eat, up close, was genuinely really interesting.

Still screamed like a child when I let her go...

Mr.R

Well, I'm 7 hours or so in FF7R and I'm loving it. It's just a "feel good" game. The soothing music on the towns and places, the "overacting" of the characters, the sighing broody protagonist, and the fact that the game made me smile and even laugh a feel times gave me the "feel good" vibes. Although I played a lot of FF7 back then, I reckon that FF8 was also my favorite, at least from a character and story perspective (FF10 for me had the best gameplay and structure, but a "meh" story), but I'm simply loving the Remake of 7. Remembering things all while having everything expanded is amazing. How I care so much more for Jessie, Biggs and Wedge now! And I think, from the little I saw, I'll like Aerith too, this time (I never liked Aerith in the original). Aaaanyway, I'm on ch4.

I do have a question...for those who played FF7R and FF15...the combat system is similar? I watched FF15 videos, but honestly, just seeing isn't the same in this case (I'm enjoying FF7R's combat, but when I watched a gameplay video for the first time, before trying the demo, I wasn't so sure, because FF7R's gameplay is kinda hard to "feel" if you're not really playing and this is something rare these days, but when I tried the demo, I quickly warmed up to the combat and I'm having a blast.), so...if someone played both games, I want to know if the combat is similar, because if that's the case, I might give FF15 a chance when I see cheap on a PS store sale or something like that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Well, I'm 7 hours or so in FF7R and I'm loving it. It's just a "feel good" game. The soothing music on the towns and places, the "overacting" of the characters, the sighing broody protagonist, and the fact that the game made me smile and even laugh a feel times gave me the "feel good" vibes. Although I played a lot of FF7 back then, I reckon that FF8 was also my favorite, at least from a character and story perspective (FF10 for me had the best gameplay and structure, but a "meh" story), but I'm simply loving the Remake of 7. Remembering things all while having everything expanded is amazing. How I care so much more for Jessie, Biggs and Wedge now! And I think, from the little I saw, I'll like Aerith too, this time (I never liked Aerith in the original). Aaaanyway, I'm on ch4.

I do have a question...for those who played FF7R and FF15...the combat system is similar? I watched FF15 videos, but honestly, just seeing isn't the same in this case (I'm enjoying FF7R's combat, but when I watched a gameplay video for the first time, before trying the demo, I wasn't so sure, because FF7R's gameplay is kinda hard to "feel" if you're not really playing and this is something rare these days, but when I tried the demo, I quickly warmed up to the combat and I'm having a blast.), so...if someone played both games, I want to know if the combat is similar, because if that's the case, I might give FF15 a chance when I see cheap on a PS store sale or something like that.

they are different but in a sense similar, final fantasy 15 was very basic, just smashing the attack button, magi where really basic too, and leveling up was basic too, and the other pg are not as extensive as the one in 7 remake, it was less tactical in my opinion, it was just smashing thr attack button all the time, not that re 7 remake is different, i smashed the attack button in 90% of the cas in the remake, but at least, there is the atb bar and you can perform tactics whit the other pg, you can level up your weapon based on your game style... I really think ffxv gameplay is some sort of prototype of the ff 7 remake gameplay

Despite all the flaws ffxv was a very good game, actually was a great game, the story was awesome, maybe one of the best if not the best in the entire series, character are really great, and the story is truly truly emotional, sayed by someone who played almost every final fantasy since final fantasy 4... In my opinion it's also better than 7 remake, 7 remake is only more polished from q gameplay perspective, for the rest it cannot top it, ff 7 remake is also very linear while ff xv have a huge open world map whit many things to do and many many secondary mission, the remake just have 20 secondary mission and not that interesting either

So i really suggest you to give it a chance, and play all the dlc if you can
If you buy the game see the movie kingslave first... You should be able go find it on streaming

Also i made a thread on general gaming discussion, to discuss ff 7 remake, especially the ending and last chapter i disliked so much , but it's full of spoiler so i would like you to visit it as soon as you finish the game, I would like to hear everyone opinion on that ending

Last edited by a moderator:

Rain611

You can't kill me.

Yes, the combat systems are very similar while giving each main character their own quirk; in 7 Cloud has Punisher mode (I think it's called) and in 15 Noctis can teleport which is really cool.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah, FF15 has slightly different combat. FF15 feels faster to play and there is a lot of zipping in and out with your transportation and shuffling of weapons. The summons in FF15 are ridiculously overpowered, but beautiful and rare to behold. It is a lot of fun to play and the World is literally HUGE. The first 3/4 of that game are so open and beautiful and you can find secrets and side missions in nearly every little place you go. Exploration is highly rewarded. Then, the last quarter of the game is a little bit rushed. It is still beautiful and fun. But it is as linear as it gets. If they were able to create that open world with the remainder of the game, it would be AMAZING. Of course, in those times, you can transport back to the first areas and to the past even. If you like exploration, advanced and strange leveling (camping), and something CLOSE to FF7 gameplay but a little worse - then FF15 is a pretty great pickup.

I am on Chapter 14 of FF7R and I am having the time of my life. Of course, there are issues with the game. But it is currently my game of the year pending if I hate the ending. haha

D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah, FF15 has slightly different combat. FF15 feels faster to play and there is a lot of zipping in and out with your transportation and shuffling of weapons. The summons in FF15 are ridiculously overpowered, but beautiful and rare to behold. It is a lot of fun to play and the World is literally HUGE. The first 3/4 of that game are so open and beautiful and you can find secrets and side missions in nearly every little place you go. Exploration is highly rewarded. Then, the last quarter of the game is a little bit rushed. It is still beautiful and fun. But it is as linear as it gets. If they were able to create that open world with the remainder of the game, it would be AMAZING. Of course, in those times, you can transport back to the first areas and to the past even. If you like exploration, advanced and strange leveling (camping), and something CLOSE to FF7 gameplay but a little worse - then FF15 is a pretty great pickup.

I am on Chapter 14 of FF7R and I am having the time of my life. Of course, there are issues with the game. But it is currently my game of the year pending if I hate the ending. haha
They udjusted the final act in ff xv whit the royal edition, it is open world even there, there are new secondary mission to play and insomnia is fully explorable, there is the resistance to talk whit and many unplayable pg to talk whit
So they fix that in the royal edition

Let me know what you think about ff 7 remake ending, since you are a ff fan i would like to know what you think about it

Edit: for the record i read that ff xv map is so huge it even surpass red dead redemption 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom