• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 What are the things that WOW's you in RE4??

Mogurchak

"Hey! It's that dog!!" Wow!

When you shoot off several Ganados heads in a line and they still run after you headless, arms stretched out to get you.

And when The Bella Sisters jump out with their chainsaws. On my first play through one of 'em managed to get me and cut my head off in grizzly fashion. I was shocked.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I forgot how quick the chumps run in RE4 on Pro mode!

Was making my way around the first village picking up gear thinking i had time to break some crates. Turned around and WOW, about 8 of them right on my tail, axes,pitchforks the lot!.....inbreads!

sadistic_greyfox

Leon's Hair physics. :D

The pacing itself, just did a fresh run(new save) on re4, 20 hours of gameplay and I was on my toes the whole time.

As others have said, the hit detection.

wanderer

battle master
i WOW'd when i saw the game describe Saddler and the Illuminados as some sort of world threat. seriously come on 1 guy with nothing but a pistol, pistol bullets and a first aid took down the whole operation, Leon's martial arts skills aren't even that great. saddler's STRONGEST weapons all can be taken down with a few rocket launchers..... guess how easy it would be for the U.S. military to get some rocket launchers? how easy for them to mass produce magnums for the special forces teams? and who is gonna win? modern military with machine guns or half brainless minions with crossbows? If Leon called the pres and said Ashley was killed and the whole area was the base of the terrorist group it would only take the US military 1 hour to wipe them out.

^the fact that Saddler thought he had the world in his reach is the real WOW.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
wanderer;89152 said:
i WOW'd when i saw the game describe Saddler and the Illuminados as some sort of world threat. seriously come on 1 guy with nothing but a pistol, pistol bullets and a first aid took down the whole operation, Leon's martial arts skills aren't even that great. saddler's STRONGEST weapons all can be taken down with a few rocket launchers..... guess how easy it would be for the U.S. military to get some rocket launchers? how easy for them to mass produce magnums for the special forces teams? and who is gonna win? modern military with machine guns or half brainless minions with crossbows? If Leon called the pres and said Ashley was killed and the whole area was the base of the terrorist group it would only take the US military 1 hour to wipe them out.

^the fact that Saddler thought he had the world in his reach is the real WOW.

Saddler's plan was to send Ashley back infected with a plagas and then he would be able to take over the US government which would allow him to take over the world. Not a bad plan, but I guess he didn't count on Leon being so smart and charming. :cool:

Another WOW moment: Ashley hitting on Leon and Leon turning her down. If I was Leon I would be SO ready to get laid at that point. I'd be like "Screw Ada, she pushed the button!"

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I started the game over again, and WOW when I saw the castle from the lift/gondola area at chapter 2-3. It looks so awesome majestetic and daunting from a long distance away. :eek: I've seen it many times before, but I WOW every time.

wanderer

battle master
T-Vaccinated Kid;89173 said:
Saddler's plan was to send Ashley back infected with a plagas and then he would be able to take over the US government which would allow him to take over the world. Not a bad plan, but I guess he didn't count on Leon being so smart and charming. :cool:

Another WOW moment: Ashley hitting on Leon and Leon turning her down. If I was Leon I would be SO ready to get laid at that point. I'd be like "Screw Ada, she pushed the button!"

but you see, corrupting Ashley is not the same as conquering the government. Ashley is only related to a politician, she is not the actual politician. sending her back with the plagas will only put her in a suspicious situation when they see she suddenly becomes half braindead and more voilent. they will put her into scans and stuff and then the X-ray will tell all. sending her back with a plagas will only get her quanrantined, especially since pple know about raccoon city. to succeed he needs to infect the whole government at the same time, because if one plagas activates early then pple will get suspicious, news spread out and the whole operation fails. Ashley cannot accomplish that.

T-Vaccinated Kid

@wanderer
Ashley is the president's daughter. President of the United States. If he's like any other father I'm sure the first thing he would do is hug his daughter, not question why she's acting wierd after being kidnapped. It would take her all of a few minutes after returning to infect him. He could then infect everyone in the White House and before you know it the Los Illuminados have control over the US military. Then it wouldn't take long once they control the airforce to start spreading the parasite around the globe.

wanderer

battle master
unfortunately for that theory, infection is done by needle like we've seen in the game, not by biting like in the other RE. its not common to see a daughter give her father a needle, people will definitely see that and know something's up.... he's the president, security around him will definitely be tight.

we've seen two types of infection in the game. in the case of the villagers its involuntary, and so you see their behavior is very odd. in Salazar and Krauser's case its voluntary, and so you see they can still act normal and have control. for Ashley it will be involuntary, so the plagas will have to try its best to act like the normal Ashley. and as we've seen in the villagers the way they walk, run, move is different from normal people, the best the plagas can do in acting normal as their host is not good enough.

also like mentioned. infection is done by needle. infecting the white house is going to take a lot of assistance Ashley doesn't have, Ashley is sent back, not the whole village/castle/island army. how to do it? one by one call the entire white house into her room? that just screams suspicious. successfully infecting her father won't change much---> suspicious act is suspicious.

we should just agree the story writers for this game didn't think over their world domination plan carefully.

T-Vaccinated Kid

I forgot that they needed to inject the parasite back then. But still, its not like Ashley couln't be alone with the president. Las Plagas infectees do act normal they are just under the control of whoever has the control plaga. I can't remember where I read it but I believe it was a file in RE4 that said when a person is infected with a plagas their true character is revealed.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wanderer;89237 said:
we've seen two types of infection in the game. in the case of the villagers its involuntary, and so you see their behavior is very odd. in Salazar and Krauser's case its voluntary, and so you see they can still act normal and have control.
The villagers does not have the same class of plaga as the big heads.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Las_Plagas#Las_Plagas_forms
This article says that Saddler has Control Plaga. I think it used to say that Saddler has Master Plaga, and Salazar and Mendez has Control Plaga. IIRC the article must have been edited.

But the crux is that the big heads has a higher class of plaga and they are in control of their plaga.

Involuntary or voluntary infection has nothing to do with how they act and behave.

And about the point that Ashley can't infect the president in an easy way, this is what I think.
Yes it's right there's no easy way like simply biting the president's hand. But once Saddler takes control over Ashley, he can send with her a needle and make Ashley infect the president. I think Saddler would be smart enough to not make the president start to behave odd too soon.

So yes this isn't infectious like the swine flu, but the infection can be spread with the help of careful planning.

wanderer

battle master
i guess thats logical. sounds like Saddler has the top command plagas, Salazar and Krauser and Chief has control plagas for their free will and control subordinates.

however even if Ashley succeeds injecting daddy (a task difficult enough when trying to look not suspicious..... President's plagas egg hatch, President cough up blood, all who sees him coughing blood gets him to doctor, plagas egg/embryo discovered, Saddler's operation fails. only way that's going to succeed is the have their own plagas infected doctor go undercover and see the president, and tell him coughing blood is normal, and pray that they are stupid enough to believe coughing blood is normal.

The wooden horse worked way back then for Odysseus, i hardly think it will work for this plan. Saddler's biggest flaw in his plan is that he didn't factor in that the plagas take time to grow and control, not instant-bite-control-effect. TIME....

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wanderer;89404 said:
however even if Ashley succeeds injecting daddy (a task difficult enough when trying to look not suspicious..... President's plagas egg hatch, President cough up blood, all who sees him coughing blood gets him to doctor, plagas egg/embryo discovered, Saddler's operation fails. only way that's going to succeed is the have their own plagas infected doctor go undercover and see the president, and tell him coughing blood is normal, and pray that they are stupid enough to believe coughing blood is normal.
I don't know if doctors can detect the egg/embyro. I guess they will not unless they know what they are looking for. And even if they do find it, what can they do about it? This is an unknown infection to them.

When the president starts to caugh blood, they will most likely concentrate on his lungs and perform a tuberculin test. And the embyro will perhaps grow undetected for some period of time. I don't know if it can be operated like cancer? Not at a late stage at least.

Saddler's plan might perhaps be flawed, but my guess is he's got a fair chance of success.

I don't know if I'm right, I just try to reason. :)

wanderer

battle master
well even if they find nothing in their first scan, they will continue. coughing blood is a sign something is wrong, because normal healthy pple do not do that. and, he is the president, one test where nothing shows up wont be the end, they keep searching till they find something, the cause...... simply because his role in the nation is just too big for them to ignore a sign something is wrong.
if anything the parasite will only grow up as big as it was in Ashley when she first coughed blood. by then it has a high chance of being discovered and taken out. Ashley had been missing for HOW LONG? her operation may have been painful but it worked, and that one in the President would probably be half as old as Ashley's when she had the operation.
you don't know if you're right, and reasoning is welcome. i am just offering my thoughts.

T-Vaccinated Kid

@wanderer
Either way I think your putting too much thought into this particular subject. Saddler is a religious nut. Those people aren't exactly known for rational thought or logical actions.

@Romero
Actually there is only the control plaga and subordinate plaga. Wiki isn't a reliable source for any popular subject since anyone can edit those pages. projectumbrella.com, while not 100% accurate, is far more accurate than the wiki. Saddler is the only one with a control, or master plaga. According to Project Umbrella Mendez and Salazar had a modified subordinate plaga which is a subordinate plaga with genes from a control plaga. They don't have the ability to control subordinate plagas but they do have the control plagas ability to mutate. I don't know where this info came from but it sounds right.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I'm always critical to wikis, in particular game wikis. I actually thought this article I referred to was more right before, but maybe it has actually improved in accuracy.

wanderer

battle master
i was acutally keeping on topic. what made me WOW in the game. and i stated it. if someone responds its natural i would state why i thought that way.

Top Bottom