• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Legend of Zelda

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I'd recommend a 3DS before getting a Wii U. It has all the games you mentioned, plus Fire Emblem Awakening, Tales of the Abyss, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2, Etrian Odyssey IV, Kid Icarus Uprising, Kingdom Hearts DDD, Professor Layton, and Virtue's Last Reward. And I haven't even got to the E-shop yet. The Wii U is still relatively new, so I'd wait a bit before grabbing it.

That's what I'm thinking about doing since there is only a total of 2 games that I want for the WiiU and they aren't even out yet. Plus, me needs to get me Pokémon fix.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So far, the only one I've played is Awakening. It did get me into the series, and I plan on starting Genealogy of the Holy War soon.

Dude, if you have Wii, you GOTTA try Radiant Dawn. It's a sequel to Path of Radiance, but you don't have to have played it to get what's going on, as it has a whole new story. It's a LONG and DEEP game. Try it dude.

L

Lurker
Dude, if you have Wii, you GOTTA try Radiant Dawn. It's a sequel to Path of Radiance, but you don't have to have played it to get what's going on, as it has a whole new story. It's a LONG and DEEP game. Try it dude.
I heard Radiant Dawn was stupidly difficult. Like, pretty much Awakening's Lunatic minus needless skills on the enemies.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I've always loved Zelda games from being a little kid :) I started out with The Windwaker and Ocarina of Time on Gamecube. I've played Skyward Sword, Phantom Hourglass and as soon as I get the money I'm buying Spirit Tracks. They're all my favourites, but for some reason I like Phantom Hourglass the best, but only ever so slightly above the rest, maybe because I've played it most recently (finished it the other day). I love the puzzles and how there are so many side quests in these games, they just keep you entertained for hours. :)

dark_zero

Legend of Zelda is my favourite, I don't know how many times I have played OOT and never get sick of it, I have yet to try skyward sword. Out of all the legend of Zelda games I would have to say majora's mask would have to be my favourite. New world, everything's so different, a lot more challenges. :)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I heard Radiant Dawn was stupidly difficult. Like, pretty much Awakening's Lunatic minus needless skills on the enemies.

Oh it is. It's incredibly difficult, but it's got so much depth to it, and the ABUNDANCE of characters grow to mean so much to you that even though it's difficult you don't MIND spending hours on ONE level lol.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
So as soon as I get some money I'm thinking of buying a few more Zelda games. I already have The Windwaker, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, Phantom Hourglass and I'll be buying Spirit Tracks. Does anybody have any recommendations as to two more that I could buy? Just wanted another opinion as to which ones are good. I have all consoles except for the Gameboy Advance (it finally died the other day :( ) so the console isn't an issue. I just wondered which you guys thought were the best. :)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So as soon as I get some money I'm thinking of buying a few more Zelda games. I already have The Windwaker, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, Phantom Hourglass and I'll be buying Spirit Tracks. Does anybody have any recommendations as to two more that I could buy? Just wanted another opinion as to which ones are good. I have all consoles except for the Gameboy Advance (it finally died the other day :( ) so the console isn't an issue. I just wondered which you guys thought were the best. :)

Well, if you have a DS (Which it seems you do) I DEFINITELY recommend Legend of Zelda: The Minished Cap. It's a GREAT LoZ game, and second game chronologically after Skyward Sword.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Well, if you have a DS (Which it seems you do) I DEFINITELY recommend Legend of Zelda: The Minished Cap. It's a GREAT LoZ game, and second game chronologically after Skyward Sword.

Thank you! I'll get that one then, and I'm thinking Twilight Princess either on Wii or Gamecube. :)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Thank you! I'll get that one then, and I'm thinking Twilight Princess either on Wii or Gamecube. :)

Oh, BTW, The Minished Cap is for GBA, but it'll play on a DS, just so you know. As far as Twilight Princess goes, definitely go for the Gamecube version. No contest. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Wii, but there's something about owning the VERY LAST Nintendo Developed Gamecube game that is satisfying.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Oh, BTW, The Minished Cap is for GBA, but it'll play on a DS, just so you know. As far as Twilight Princess goes, definitely go for the Gamecube version. No contest. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Wii, but there's something about owning the VERY LAST Nintendo Developed Gamecube game that is satisfying.

Great, thanks :) I think I'm gonna have to see if my local second had store has Twilight Princess if I get it on Gamecube. I just looked on Amazon and they were selling the Gamecube version for £150. I seriously can't afford that much :p Could always look on eBay I guess. But hopefully the store has it. :) If not I may just have to settle for the Wii version. :)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Great, thanks :) I think I'm gonna have to see if my local second had store has Twilight Princess if I get it on Gamecube. I just looked on Amazon and they were selling the Gamecube version for £150. I seriously can't afford that much :p Could always look on eBay I guess. But hopefully the store has it. :) If not I may just have to settle for the Wii version. :)

Check around Pawn Shops. I found one there for only $27...Then I haggled him down to $7...

Some Nights

No Shape
If you like an overall darker story or atmosphere I can't recommend Majora's Mask enough. You can get it on the Wii Shop for a fairly cheap price if you do that kind of thing.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Check around Pawn Shops. I found one there for only $27...Then I haggled him down to $7...

I'll try it. Thank you for all your help. :)

If you like an overall darker story or atmosphere I can't recommend Majora's Mask enough. You can get it on the Wii Shop for a fairly cheap price if you do that kind of thing.

Ooh I'll have a look at that one. Maybe I'll be able to get my hands on all three for a reasonable price. Thank you! :)

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
So I heard of the new Zelda. I could be wrong but it's title is

The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds. With a Picture of 2 Triforces shadows of the other.

I'm going to become a fan boy this current second that it MIGHT be A mix between TP and MM.

That is my dream. My two favorite Zelda games mixed into one I would die a happy person and forever rest in peace in a eternal dream following my death. I'm going to get a WiiU soon and I'll get both Zelda's for it as well.

Anyhow I recently played Twilight Princess and I'm at Arbitor's Ground. (Which scares the living hell outta me with the Poe's and Redeads I mean LOOK AT THOSE F******) And noticed I had a smile on my face (before I entered hell's valley in the form of a rusted spirit temple known as Arbitar's (F******) Grounds. Scary as hell.)

But I found myself happy at a game older than my PS3 unlike playing games for the Ps3 that make me want to cause Mass Genocides. *Ahem* I'm probably going to play a little bit of Majora's Mask before I get the WiiU but yeah.

Zelda is better than 90% of video games out there.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So I heard of the new Zelda. I could be wrong but it's title is

The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds. With a Picture of 2 Triforces shadows of the other.

I'm going to become a fan boy this current second that it MIGHT be A mix between TP and MM.

That is my dream. My two favorite Zelda games mixed into one I would die a happy person and forever rest in peace in a eternal dream following my death. I'm going to get a WiiU soon and I'll get both Zelda's for it as well.

Anyhow I recently played Twilight Princess and I'm at Arbitor's Ground. (Which scares the living hell outta me with the Poe's and Redeads I mean LOOK AT THOSE F******) And noticed I had a smile on my face (before I entered hell's valley in the form of a rusted spirit temple known as Arbitar's (F******) Grounds. Scary as hell.)

But I found myself happy at a game older than my PS3 unlike playing games for the Ps3 that make me want to cause Mass Genocides. *Ahem* I'm probably going to play a little bit of Majora's Mask before I get the WiiU but yeah.

Zelda is better than 90% of video games out there.

This post makes me so very very happy. As far as A Link Between Worlds goes, it's not mixing Majora's Mask and A Link to the Past. It's a sequel to A Link to the Past.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
This post makes me so very very happy. As far as A Link Between Worlds goes, it's not mixing Majora's Mask and A Link to the Past. It's a sequel to A Link to the Past.

Err I think you got my post wrong I'm talking about how I want it it to mix elements from those two games.

I will buy the shiz dayone the Instant stores open if it has transformation masks. I LOVED that.

Or transforming into a animal at Will kickass.

While to be honest Link to the past was my least favorite (Right above OoT) but I thought t was fun so eh.

Still wishing for a Majora's Mask Remake it's long overdue

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Err I think you got my post wrong I'm talking about how I want it it to mix elements from those two games.

I will buy the shiz dayone the Instant stores open if it has transformation masks. I LOVED that.

Or transforming into a animal at Will kickass.

While to be honest Link to the past was my least favorite (Right above OoT) but I thought t was fun so eh.

Still wishing for a Majora's Mask Remake it's long overdue

Oh, ya, I guess I did misunderstand haha.

I'm really hoping for a re-release of Link's Awakening. That game kicked SO much ass. ALL the Capcom LoZ games did.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
So has anyone played the new Zelda game? If you have, what do you think to it? :smile:

Top Bottom