• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Legend of Zelda

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well guys, as you've probably noticed, I've been gone a while. Having to acclimate to the new world and whatnot, but I'm back now, and since I've been gone I've been playing a LOT of Legend of Zelda. So I figured, why not ask you guys how you feel about the series. What games have you played. What's your favorites. Just throw stuff out there. This could be fun!

L

Lurker
If there is a defining game of my childhood, it's Zelda. I sunk so many hour into the Oracle games, Link's Awakening, and Ocarina of Time. If I remember, I tried playing Majora's Mask when I was a child and failed miserably. Now that I understand puzzles and realize that the time travel mechanic exists, Majora's Mask is definitely my favorite Zelda game. The main thing I like about it is how it ends; no matter what you did in the other timelines, you cannot help everyone. Especially with a quest such as Anju and Kafei that will take most of your time to redo during the last cycle, if you even do sidequests.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
If there is a defining game of my childhood, it's Zelda. I sunk so many hour into the Oracle games, Link's Awakening, and Ocarina of Time. If I remember, I tried playing Majora's Mask when I was a child and failed miserably. Now that I understand puzzles and realize that the time travel mechanic exists, Majora's Mask is definitely my favorite Zelda game. The main thing I like about it is how it ends; no matter what you did in the other timelines, you cannot help everyone. Especially with a quest such as Anju and Kafei that will take most of your time to redo during the last cycle, if you even do sidequests.

I, like you, failed MISERABLY at Majora's Mask as a child. I'm going to try it again soon, but have other games on my list first. Link's Awakening is one of the greatest Zelda games out there. Makes since considering Capcom produced it. If you didn't know, all the GameBoy Zelda games were actually made by Capcom...

L

Lurker
I, like you, failed MISERABLY at Majora's Mask as a child. I'm going to try it again soon, but have other games on my list first. Link's Awakening is one of the greatest Zelda games out there. Makes since considering Capcom produced it. If you didn't know, all the GameBoy Zelda games were actually made by Capcom...
Oh, I thought only the Oracle games were developed by Capcom. I guess they all do play similarly, so it makes sense.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Honestly, once they hit GBA, with Minished Cap and the others, I'm not sure if it was still Capcom then, however, it wouldn't surprise me.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I've only played 2 LoZ games in my entire life, Windwaker and Twilight Princess. I didn't beat either of these games. I did play Windwaker, I did enjoy it a lot but I never didn't get that far (The last thing I remember was a gigantic tree right after the part with helping a little boy by going up a mountain and collecting something. I can't remember a whole lot, it has been years since I last played it.), didn't beat because I deleted the memory from my m-card so that I can beat another game (It was either SSBM or Killer 7.). Twilight Princess, I didn't beat it for an unknown reason. I honestly can't remember since it has been about 2 or 3 years since I lasted played Twilight Princess, I think I just wasen't motivated enough, the last time I played it I seriously said "Okay, I'm going to sit down, play this game, get into it, and complete it within the next few weeks." and I just didn't and I don't know why because I did want to beat it. I was thinking about downloading on of the older LoZ games on my Wii back when Skyward Sword, but Nintendo Wifi hates me (Xbox Live, I can connect to it just fine. PSN, I can connect to it just fine. Nintendo Wifi, can almost never connect to it. I only was able to connect to it a total of one time, every other time it simply wouldn't connect.). I was thinking about getting Skyward Sword, but I didn't because there was a lot of other games that I was more interested in than Skyward Sword at the time it was released. If I could, I would retry Windwaker and Twilight Princess again (That is if my Wii still works. It has been put up since my summer vacation last year, and I have yet to take it out and play it again. I'm thinking about playing it again, but for another game.), especially Windwaker since I enjoyed it the most out of the two, and try to sit through one of them because LoZ has been one series I tried and tried and tried and tried again and again and again and again to get into but just never could and yet I keep wanting to.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I've only played 2 LoZ games in my entire life, Windwaker and Twilight Princess. I didn't beat either of these games. I did play Windwaker, I did enjoy it a lot but I never didn't get that far (The last thing I remember was a gigantic tree right after the part with helping a little boy by going up a mountain and collecting something. I can't remember a whole lot, it has been years since I last played it.), didn't beat because I deleted the memory from my m-card so that I can beat another game (It was either SSBM or Killer 7.). Twilight Princess, I didn't beat it for an unknown reason. I honestly can't remember since it has been about 2 or 3 years since I lasted played Twilight Princess, I think I just wasen't motivated enough, the last time I played it I seriously said "Okay, I'm going to sit down, play this game, get into it, and complete it within the next few weeks." and I just didn't and I don't know why because I did want to beat it. I was thinking about downloading on of the older LoZ games on my Wii back when Skyward Sword, but Nintendo Wifi hates me (Xbox Live, I can connect to it just fine. PSN, I can connect to it just fine. Nintendo Wifi, can almost never connect to it. I only was able to connect to it a total of one time, every other time it simply wouldn't connect.). I was thinking about getting Skyward Sword, but I didn't because there was a lot of other games that I was more interested in than Skyward Sword at the time it was released. If I could, I would retry Windwaker and Twilight Princess again (That is if my Wii still works. It has been put up since my summer vacation last year, and I have yet to take it out and play it again. I'm thinking about playing it again, but for another game.), especially Windwaker since I enjoyed it the most out of the two, and try to sit through one of them because LoZ has been one series I tried and tried and tried and tried again and again and again and again to get into but just never could and yet I keep wanting to.
Hey, if ya wanna get in to LoZ, start with Ocarina of Time. I've played probably half of the games in the series, and it's definitely my favorite. I'd say start with Twilight Princess, cause it IS definitely the second best, but the controls are SO smooth compared to the old N64, that it kinda spoils you so you can't QUITE enjoy Ocarina as much. So definitely start with Ocarina. Besides, Chronologically Ocarina does come before Twilight.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I never really got into the Zelda games. I've only played 2 and they were - Four Swords Adventures, which was free to download on 3DS and Ocarina of Time. I haven't finished either of them, in fact I've probably only played about an hour in on both of them but I did enjoy them. I'll have to go back and play them again some time.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I never really got into the Zelda games. I've only played 2 and they were - Four Swords Adventures, which was free to download on 3DS and Ocarina of Time. I haven't finished either of them, in fact I've probably only played about an hour in on both of them but I did enjoy them. I'll have to go back and play them again some time.

Four Swords Adventures is ok, but not near as good as it's predecessor, named just "Four Swords"

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
loved the series just like Re and MGS I have gotten every game every version too. The only I've failed to acquire was Skyward Sword. I got a gaming PC but really not enjoyed it that much so I'm going to sell it for a WiiU (Despite my age I still Enjoy Nintendo games WAYYY more than every other game company out there) For the Sole reason of Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD and the New Zelda. Also Super Smash Bros and some Mario Games too.

My favorite Zelda game is Majora's Mask followed by Twilight Princess, and then Wind Waker. (Still waiting for a Majora's Mask HD) But yeah I can't think of anything bad about the series. I guess the only thing that made me depressed is the creator of said game, Mario,Kirby, and Metroid is retiring...Oh well "The Best is Yet to Come.."

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Hey, if ya wanna get in to LoZ, start with Ocarina of Time. I've played probably half of the games in the series, and it's definitely my favorite. I'd say start with Twilight Princess, cause it IS definitely the second best, but the controls are SO smooth compared to the old N64, that it kinda spoils you so you can't QUITE enjoy Ocarina as much. So definitely start with Ocarina. Besides, Chronologically Ocarina does come before Twilight.
I wish that I could, but I think all the stores near me have stopped selling Nintendo point cards so I can't get Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask unless I do get a WiiU and the WiiU does allow me to download old games. I have not seen a single store in my area that is still selling them ever since the WiiU came out. If I do go back to my Wii (Which more than likely I will due to one other game) then I will more than likely give Twilight Princess another shot and try to beat it since I really do not want to choose between what save I should delete off of my Gamecube memory card just to play Windwaker.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, you could always buy another memory card. Besides, they made Ocarina for Gamecube as well. In fact, they made the original version, and a version WAY harder Called Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. That's assuming you live near used game stores that would sell that sort of merchandise...

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Well, you could always buy another memory card. Besides, they made Ocarina for Gamecube as well. In fact, they made the original version, and a version WAY harder Called Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. That's assuming you live near used game stores that would sell that sort of merchandise...
Those options are out of the window. There are some stores around me that sell used games, problem is that if I'm looking for a game that is older than 2005 then I'm pretty much out of luck. There is a store near me that does sell games older than 2005, problem is that those games are all PS2 games, they probably do have some Gamecube games but I wouldn't know because of their games are stacked together and sometimes there are games hidden right behind each other (Its hard to explain, but basically think of a picture shelves upon shelves upon shelves of games, filled to the brim, you can see the cover of some games and you can only see the spine on others. Behind some of the games where the covers are exposed there is usually the same game behind it just in a different condition or another game.) and I do nothave enough to time to check all those shelves. I would use eBay to pull another memory card and to get that version of OoT, but its eBay and I don't like or even trust eBay (Now about Amazon, well I would be using Amazon if I had my own account, job, PayPal, blah blah blah. Problem is that I don't have all of that, my dad could but if it costs more than $0.99 then he'll start whining about how you're spending all of HIS money even if its YOUR allowance and you pay him back regardless. I could go on and on about the never ending nonsensical cluster**** journey when it comes to money and my dad. As for a job, I am currently looking for one as a part-time job but I can't find one at the moment.).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Those options are out of the window. There are some stores around me that sell used games, problem is that if I'm looking for a game that is older than 2005 then I'm pretty much out of luck. There is a store near me that does sell games older than 2005, problem is that those games are all PS2 games, they probably do have some Gamecube games but I wouldn't know because of their games are stacked together and sometimes there are games hidden right behind each other (Its hard to explain, but basically think of a picture shelves upon shelves upon shelves of games, filled to the brim, you can see the cover of some games and you can only see the spine on others. Behind some of the games where the covers are exposed there is usually the same game behind it just in a different condition or another game.) and I do nothave enough to time to check all those shelves. I would use eBay to pull another memory card and to get that version of OoT, but its eBay and I don't like or even trust eBay (Now about Amazon, well I would be using Amazon if I had my own account, job, PayPal, blah blah blah. Problem is that I don't have all of that, my dad could but if it costs more than $0.99 then he'll start whining about how you're spending all of HIS money even if its YOUR allowance and you pay him back regardless. I could go on and on about the never ending nonsensical cluster**** journey when it comes to money and my dad. As for a job, I am currently looking for one as a part-time job but I can't find one at the moment.).

Man. That all sounds lame. I kind of relate. I have a full time job, but after bills, groceries, and preparing for the baby I'm about to have, I don't have much in the way of money for games either. That's why my most RECENT system is a Gamecube lol. Finding GC games for cheap is EASY haha...

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
There is one option that I could go for, I could buy a 3DS and get Ocarina of Time 3D and that way I'll be able to play it (It'll probably be my only option that I could work with unless they start re-releasing the N64 like what they did with the Genesis and Atari 2600, and I hope they do because I never EVER played an N64 and I can finally be able to play some games that I've always been wanting to play.), thing is that I going to need that part time job first (As far as I can remember, there are 2 stores near my that are hiring and I hope that they are still are, I haven't went by them in some while now) then I will get a 3DS (Or WiiU. Depends on what is available not just in terms games for their systems, but what they have to offer. 3DS has some games I'm dying to play including OoT3D, SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, SMT IV, and Pokémo X and Y and for all that is good to me I want to play another Pokémon game, it has been over a decade since I last played one, I would die just to play another one. And Nintendo please, I beg you, I will buy a WiiU, I will forgive all the stupid bull**** that you have done this year, if you grant me the wish of adding Nintendo Gamecube games on the WiiU shop and putting Pokémon Colosseum, XD Gale of Darkness, or any of the Stadium games on there, or I will buy a 3DS is you put any many series games on its E-shop, except Red and Blue.) and I will get OoT3D.

L

Lurker
There is one option that I could go for, I could buy a 3DS and get Ocarina of Time 3D and that way I'll be able to play it (It'll probably be my only option that I could work with unless they start re-releasing the N64 like what they did with the Genesis and Atari 2600, and I hope they do because I never EVER played an N64 and I can finally be able to play some games that I've always been wanting to play.), thing is that I going to need that part time job first (As far as I can remember, there are 2 stores near my that are hiring and I hope that they are still are, I haven't went by them in some while now) then I will get a 3DS (Or WiiU. Depends on what is available not just in terms games for their systems, but what they have to offer. 3DS has some games I'm dying to play including OoT3D, SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, SMT IV, and Pokémo X and Y and for all that is good to me I want to play another Pokémon game, it has been over a decade since I last played one, I would die just to play another one. And Nintendo please, I beg you, I will buy a WiiU, I will forgive all the stupid bull**** that you have done this year, if you grant me the wish of adding Nintendo Gamecube games on the WiiU shop and putting Pokémon Colosseum, XD Gale of Darkness, or any of the Stadium games on there, or I will buy a 3DS is you put any many series games on its E-shop, except Red and Blue.) and I will get OoT3D.
I'd recommend a 3DS before getting a Wii U. It has all the games you mentioned, plus Fire Emblem Awakening, Tales of the Abyss, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2, Etrian Odyssey IV, Kid Icarus Uprising, Kingdom Hearts DDD, Professor Layton, and Virtue's Last Reward. And I haven't even got to the E-shop yet. The Wii U is still relatively new, so I'd wait a bit before grabbing it.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I love the Zelda games but I never seem to finish them for some reason. I have ocarina of time, spirit tracks, phantom hourglass, twilight princess, skyward sword and a few of the old ones, but out of those I think I have only finished two of them... I should really play some of them again.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I love the Zelda games but I never seem to finish them for some reason. I have ocarina of time, spirit tracks, phantom hourglass, twilight princess, skyward sword and a few of the old ones, but out of those I think I have only finished two of them... I should really play some of them again.

Hey, I'm just now getting to where I'm finishing them myself. I've only finished two, but I'm working on number three. You should definitely get into em again lol.

I'd recommend a 3DS before getting a Wii U. It has all the games you mentioned, plus Fire Emblem Awakening, Tales of the Abyss, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2, Etrian Odyssey IV, Kid Icarus Uprising, Kingdom Hearts DDD, Professor Layton, and Virtue's Last Reward. And I haven't even got to the E-shop yet. The Wii U is still relatively new, so I'd wait a bit before grabbing it.
L!? You play Fire Emblem! Which one's your favorite?

Top Bottom