• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil; Pig Flu Outbreak

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wpstudart;49800 said:
The sales of pig meat got down like, 45% here. Can't believe how people can be so naive. :p
In Afghanistan there is 1 - one - pig. That one pig was in a public zoo, and after the flu outbreak they put it in quarantine. :rolleyes:

I think putting heavy restrictions on travel would be more effective. Ground most of the airplanes and make everyone using local public transportation services to use masks.

But the costs on restricting travel would be immense, and as it seems that most people who fall ill doesn't get seriously ill, it's maybe a good thing: Alot of the population develops immunity to this new kind of flu, and that can prove valuable later when a more dangerous variant of the virus are mutated.

Hoady

The only people here who have died from it have been sick beforehand with other colds,cancers,fevers etc.I was never worried from the start, it was made out alot worse then it was.Some old dude on a news report here said that"its going to kill 10s of thousands of australians"what a load of pig ****.There trying to kill the population through placebo effects or it was just some ridiculous media stunt to earn bulk cash.

This dude i know said he got swine flu but i claimed he was talking bull**** but he insisted that he caught it and it did nothing.Just so you know he works in an abattoir but this guy really is a blatent loser.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Captain Courageous;49872 said:
kill the population through placebo effects
That was a good one. :lol:
And it wouldn't surprise me if it was possible. :p

wpstudart

*Reviving this thread* Well, they suspended school until 17 of August, Because the swine flu problem.. It's gettin' serious here...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I wouldn't say its that serious here at the moment. I'm intereacting with people everyday and i'm still fine.

D

Deleted member 1428

Captain Courageous;49872 said:
The only people here who have died from it have been sick beforehand with other colds,cancers,fevers etc.I was never worried from the start, it was made out alot worse then it was.Some old dude on a news report here said that"its going to kill 10s of thousands of australians"what a load of pig ****.There trying to kill the population through placebo effects or it was just some ridiculous media stunt to earn bulk cash.

This dude i know said he got swine flu but i claimed he was talking bull**** but he insisted that he caught it and it did nothing.Just so you know he works in an abattoir but this guy really is a blatent loser.

Yeah I agree with ya Captain. My teacher said the same thing in a way. He said that the media brings stuff out to much that peoe get to jacked up about it.

I too wasn't even worried.

And about the guy who said he caught the Swine Flu is probably cuz he thought in his mind to much that he actually did catch it so he thought he was really sick. Your mind can actually influence your health you know.

Hoady

Nemises;51086 said:
Yeah I agree with ya Captain. My teacher said the same thing in a way. He said that the media brings stuff out to much that peoe get to jacked up about it.

I too wasn't even worried.

And about the guy who said he caught the Swine Flu is probably cuz he thought in his mind to much that he actually did catch it so he thought he was really sick. Your mind can actually influence your health you know.

Yeah i know man its definitely mentality over physical,i truly believe your bad thoughts can affect your body if somethings repressed/thought over so deeply & frequently.I hate thinking, crazy **** happens in that place lol.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
More people die in my country every year of regular flu. People are scared because the media is stirring this up.

Everything should be fine :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wolfgirl;51262 said:
More people die in my country every year of regular flu. People are scared because the media is stirring this up.

Everything should be fine :)
True 'dat. But even more people are probably going to die of H1N1, because it's a somewhat worse flu.

But people love panic, y'know? At least everyone have begun to care more about hygiene.

D

Deleted member 1428

So you mean the Ganados would be inbig trouble right now eh? :lol:.

Hoady

The ganados speak spanish right no?This means that....THE MEXICANS ARE THE GANADOS!There plan for world domination is to make all humans as grubby and filthy as possible!Saddlers repressed memories from being being forced into the bath by his mum are resurfacing.....I feel dirty*shaves grubby beard, has 10 showers*.

CassidyAcid

Aha I got slagged sooo much when playing RE4 cuz my family come from Spain.

*hides during outbreak*

On H1N1: The first person to die here had previous health complications, and I saw on the news that the number of .. victims (? is that too crude? My lack of vocabulary for my first language amazes me sometimes) has been declining :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
CassidyAcid;51711 said:

*hides during outbreak*

On H1N1: The first person to die here had previous health complications, and I saw on the news that the number of .. victims (? is that too crude? My lack of vocabulary for my first language amazes me sometimes) has been declining :)
What means slagged?

I think you can use "victims", but "fatalities" is probably what you wanted to say. A victim is not always someone who died, but a fatality means only one thing.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Here in my country, A H1N1 isn't really so bad now. About a month ago there was a big outbreak just inside my school, and I was just fortunate enough that I didn't get affected. But over the weeks, people in my country are already forgetting about the virus already.

It was like yesterday when the headlines of the news would be A H1N1... Now it's more on Corazon Aquino. :p

Hoady

CassidyAcid;51711 said:

*hides during outbreak*

Lol i was born in spain and lived there for 6 years so yeah some days to people i'm The Courageous Spaniard or The Filthy Mexican hahaha.

Whats H1N1?

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
@Romero: "Slagged" is like being picked on or teased for being/doing something. In that context the user was teased when playing RE4 cos their family is from Spain. Other uses: "slagging off" "to slag someone off" "I got slagged for...". Not to be confused with a slag (noun), which means a trashy/promiscuous person. Molten slag (noun) is a term used in chemistry, so don't confuse that either :)

@ Captain Courageous: H1N1 is the technical name for swine flu

Influenza A(H1N1) virus is a subtype of influenzavirus A and the most common cause of influenza (flu) in humans. Some strains of H1N1 are endemic in humans and cause a small fraction of all influenza-like illness and a large fraction of all seasonal influenza. H1N1 strains caused roughly half of all human flu infections in 2006. Other strains of H1N1 are endemic in pigs (swine influenza) and in birds (avian influenza).

In June 2009, World Health Organization declared that flu due to a new strain of swine-origin H1N1 was responsible for the 2009 flu pandemic. This strain is commonly called "swine flu" by the public media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H1n1

Top Bottom