• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
I've got a complaint for ya, the changing of the money system to the point system, and the weapon upgrades to the skill upgrades.

The progression of upgrades started awesome in RE4, then sled downhill more with each game. In RE4 it was extremely fun trying to figure out which guns you wanted to take vs the amount of space you had in your case. The merchant had so many different options of things you might want to bring along, not just lots of different weapons, but attachments for weapons, each one you had to value it's use vs the space it took up. You had to decide when it was worth it to buy more stuff or save for a bigger case, and which guns you should upgrade. Selling things was also a viable option. Ammo too. Say you decided to go the game without using the TMP, as i did my first time. Then, all ammo that you find for it you can convert to extra funds. Finding treasures was also an awesome factor into the game, they could be sold for high prices, and some you could decide if you wanted to wait and combine them or sell them early for a much needed upgrade.

RE5 didn't do it AS WELL, but it still did very nicely. You no longer had to play tetris with your inventory, and you had a case with unlimited space so you could give and take weapons between chapters. This was a bit dissapointing because i liked havin to make the hard space-usage decisions, and being able to expand my inventory. I also liked being able to equip very tangible addons to my weapons like the Red-9 and TMP stocks. This was also where they started you out with maximum health, instead of letting you upgrade it through yellow herbs, which I disliked because in RE4 finding yellow herbs was like an orgasm. The treasures could not be combined, so they turned into a gimmick, you might as well could have just replaced them with sums of cash and had the same exact thing.

RE4 and 5 both kept me on edge for the next weapon though, I distinctly remember how happy i felt when i found some of the new weapons, like an awesome childhood memory. Finding the shotgun in RE4 in the first village scene was just so climactic. It was exactly what you needed to blast your way out of that tight barricaded house, it was just an iconic find. In RE5 had some great ones too. Those silver cases, you remember those? Whenever i saw one of those, it was like running into one of the huge chests on Zelda, you just know something awesome is going to be inside. In both games, I was super stoked after finishing boss and mini-boss fights, because they'd always drop a very tangible sign of my accomplishment. Chainsaw infected in both games would give you something awesome to remember them by, (a ring i think), and El Gigante left a huge pile of money, 15,000 or so if i remember correctly. I would always thing "SHIIIIIIIET, you just bought my pistol some more firepower!" Speaking of firepower, that's also what RE4 and 5 did awesomely. Specific stats and upgrades for each weapon. In RE4, 1 power was the starting power of the first pistol, and based on that i would always calibrate my choices. You don't even know how amazed i was when i got my Red-9 to like 5 power, I was like, "each shot of this is going to blast them like 5 pistol shots all at once," and i felt it too very well, i could shoot an enemy like twice and he'd drop.

RE6 is just disappointing in comparison. There is virtually no inventory, just a list of items that you scroll through. Skill points progress your character, but i really don't feel much of a difference at all. The weapons all seem to blend into each other. Each campaign has different weapons, but i just don't see enough difference between the way they operate. I am just thinking "well, looks like i found the generic shotgun weapons of this campaign... oh and here is the generic machine gun weapon of this campaign." Bosses are now just something to kill so the story will progress, not something i want to unload into because i'm going to get an awesome reward. I guess what i'm trying to say is that RE4 felt like an awesome strategic shooter RPG, RE5 still was like that but not as much, and RE6 felt like an arcade style game; like if i played my save game and my neighbors, i wouldn't be able to tell the two apart.
Well you see the problem here IMHO was the absence of thee Merchant in RE5 and RE6...
First of all the addition of the Merchant in RE4 was one of the greatest things ever to happen in RE IMO, it was just a great idea for Capcom to add this guy into the game, he was really something :')
Now onto this gun stuff I have to agree that it was very, very, but very rewarding to customize your weapon and I did very much liked the idea of whole upgrading your weapon to make it a beast, i honestly fell in love with my Silver Ghost in RE4, it was like my baby :D
In RE6 it was plain lame you found a weapon and that's it... You just kept it forever no actual specific upgrades or anything :/ and it's all because of those stupid skills... Capcom was so into making RE in COD that they HAD to add perk like skills into the game so it can "appeal" to the COD crowd... (including those other COD like features)
I don't know what you guys feel about the skills, but I personally did not like them, it made the game feel weird in way. It just didn't feel right none the less. It also made your character feel like an unnecessary RPG superhero where you have to upgrade him and stuff, "skills" basically and that's not what Resident Evil is about.
Oh yea and it took the fun out of customizing your weapon ^0^ plus the stamina bars thingy was straight up the most horrible addition to game really disappointed with that. If they don't want us spamming melee then why even give us more melee options to use?
I believe they should of kept it simple, the only time where you would able to use melee would be when
1. After breaking free from a zombie grasp you would finish them off by using some sort of bad ass finishing move.
And also...
2 When there are multiple zombies close to you or are in close range you would be given the ability to melee the **** out of all them in Jake's fashion except less Jakeish.
Same with the dodging, the addition of all the rolling and stuff was nice but it would of also been cool if they kept the dodging mechanic from RE3, and RE Revelations in that case being that when you are aiming at an enemy and that enemy strikes you, you have the ability to press a button at the same time of the attack and then being able to dodge it in that precise moment.I like
As for the inventory I think RE5 was as close as a good inventory for a Resident Evil game IMO.
So we carry on...
When I look at the early beta of RE5 they were going to include the merchant in RE5 and I don't remember a lot but he was basically going to have a vast variety of weapons for you to buy for money and it looked very promising until they took him out for no apparent reason, I'm guessing because they implemented coop.
You see what I believe they should have done for RE6 or maybe what they should do for future RE games is that they need to bring him back of course, but like let's take RE6 as an example to show you what I mean.
So in RE6 the Merchant was in the game and he was basically your safe zone like on older RE games, you know when you entered that one room with the typewriter, item box, and awesome music :D
Now a good idea would be he would be located in secret locations where danger is not present a place where it is very hard to find. (not that hard)
Once you found him (this being early in the game) he would have a a few weapons available for you to buy, buy? There's no money in RE6 right? Instead of having to include money again they would add TREASURES that are located through out RE6 some of them being jewels,rare items, and shinny items ^-^ like those of RE4 where you can combine and sell them to the Merchant.
The reason I wouldn't like money to be include is because it was kinda stupid trying to pick up ammo,herbs,grenades, and skill points at the same time and picking up money would be the same thing. Plus money in general appearing in RE6 in any way is just... yea.
So these treasures would be the main use of buying weapons and you guys have to admit it would be fun finding them like it always has :D they can be anywhere as long as there accessible.
As you progress on he would have a more and more weapons available to you instead of having to find them.
Instead of finding weapons you would have the chance to be able to find "weapon parts" instead. ( you like that huh? :3)
The merchant would provide you with weapons and weapon upgrades like damage,accuracy,piercing,reload speed,recoil deduction, all that good stuff and you would provide your weapon that you bought with different parts that you find through out the game for example a stock-piece for 3-round capabilities, extended clips, sights,suppressors,scopes, anything that is attachable to your weapon ;) and these extra parts for different guns would be hard to find BUT they would make your weapon very useful in the long run. You would only be able to customize your weapon at the merchants shop, I don't why but I like it that way. :p
Not only that but the glorious ITEM BOX would make it's return :D Where you can store other weapons you've bought, weapon parts, ammo, grenades, healing items, and of course treasures for you to take out anytime you cross paths with the Merchant again. :)
But I also believe it would be nice to have a replacement for the typewriters... Let's say you being able to save your data using little memory chips on your phone? Or maybe even a laptops?
And that my friends would probably be a great potential solution for customizing weapons, looking for treasures, and I guess the melee as well but most importantly the customization option for weapons. :D

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Well if this is a serious thread then yes i've already said before but i dont like...
-The camera angle, very awkward with certain weapons, i prefered the angle on RE4/5. And i dont mind it zoomed in, its too low, its like the camera is on his belt buckle instead of shoulder.
-I dont like the Quick Shot mechanism, because i used to already do that, its a technique everyone does on Gears of War called pop shotting, and it worked fine on Re5. Now I have to use a block of stamina, and it auto aims at the nearest zombie rather than before on Re5, i would line up the camera and then pop shot at the zombie of my choice.
-I dont like Melee been on RT, should have left it on X button. And i prefered when the Melee prompts actually said the move title, eg. Uppercut, rather than just a trigger prompt as you knew when you were ready for a different move like from behind or alternate melees.
-I m also not sure if there is different moves for the 'team' combo type kill, where one player hits a enemy, then the other player, then the first player finishes. Im pretty sure this can still be done , But i do not think it unlocks alternative moves, as far as I could tell from the demo.

Some smaller points that have been brought up already-
I would like a Hud option off that just takes of waymarkers and lets me still see my ammo and health meters

Im still really hyped for this game having got every Resident Evil on release day since Re2, im a big fan and Re5 probaly got more play thann any other game on my 360., but those are my honest opinions!
Yea I agree with the new quick shot ability I believe they just added it as an alternative way of hip fire because it's so obvious they want Resident Evil to be like COD so they HAD to implement it... Even though it was executed terribly and was a very clunky addition to the game.
I think RE is better off with no hip fire instead.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Don't treat opinion as scientific fact. ;) That order is solely how I rate the games in my universe. A few weeks ago, when I had just finished the game, I would have said RE6 is totally better than 5, but now that I see the game has very limited replay value, compared to 5, I would say 5 is a better game.
To me the only reason I would even say RE5 is better then RE6 IMHO would be because to me RE5 had the better story, it tied up some loose ends, it had sexy ass Wesker, and overall better story. While RE6 seemed to have a lot of plot holes and a very weak story to say the least.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
i really don't know, how i would go about this but; i just have some "things" (for a lack of a better wording to put it as)

-would of liked it if there where more skills to buy in Mercenaries, with this being said; would of been nice if the skills in the campain were also in Mercenaries. :oops:

-i've found it odd, that during the campain that "your partner" (A.I.) doesn't die and they won't run out of ammunition, would have made campain a bit more interesting if your partner (A.I.) also can die and can run out of ammunition :rolleyes: (the redeeming factor of this, is that your partner (A.I.) is actually in-the right frame of mind *very helpful* :) )
I think it would of been better if they just added all those skills in Mercenaries ONLY, and left them out of the campaign.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Hopefully they don't keep expanding the location, and make it a smaller area. Just because it's a later game doesn't mean we need to cross more ground. I mean a simple building would be cool. Maybe something Die Hard-like, but with zombies!

But yeah, now it seems like we have to gross the globe for it to be a new RE game, Europe, Africa, China, etc.What happened to city, Raccoon City.It blew up, but there's more where it came from.
Yea totally agree and if they keep this going, soon there is going to be no other place where a viral outbreak could happen.
AND Capcom being Capcom is going to come up with there BS talking about viral outbreaks in the moon and stuff... Like WTF? LOL

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I agree with Chris stealing the show but it's more like Piers :3 btw I found Jake's to be the funnest out of all campaigns but that's my opinion.
One other thing... The Carla boss was lame x)
Carla was pretty lame. I spent forever on her boss fight because I couldn't figure out how to kill her. Until I saw the stupid exlosive barrels behind her face...

And she just kept repeating the same stuff about sucking the marrow from your bones and stuff.

@Frenchman, I know...I literally read somewhere, while pausing it at that part, that it was a glitch and you had to start that chapter over, from the beginning, and I did, and it didn't help. How lame. So eventually I figured it out after that.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Carla was pretty lame. I spent forever on her boss fight because I couldn't figure out how to kill her. Until I saw the stupid exlosive barrels behind her face...

And she just kept repeating the same stuff about sucking the marrow from your bones and stuff.

@Frenchman, I know...I literally read somewhere, while pausing it at that part, that it was a glitch and you had to start that chapter over, from the beginning, and I did, and it didn't help. How lame. So eventually I figured it out after that.
LMAO xD omg that was hilarious... I really expected like a one on one, Ada vs Ada kinda like CQC it would've been awesome seeing to sexy chicks go at it :D *DROOL*

Frenchman

Chris campaign : I'm stuck in the Haos part. The camera always changing views is awful and disturbing me.
And when I slide under the platform (the first one), Chris is very slow to get up, and I'm wasting so much time, and get hurt after that by Haos. Am I doing something wrong ? How can I get up faster after sliding ?

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Chris campaign : I'm stuck in the Haos part. The camera always changing views is awful and disturbing me.
And when I slide under the platform (the first one), Chris is very slow to get up, and I'm wasting so much time, and get hurt after that by Haos. Am I doing something wrong ? How can I get up faster after sliding ?
You can't, what you have to do is you just got be a little faster in the beginning in order for you to make it in time.

Darkness

Infected
I really really hated that part. When i first did it with chris, whenever i would press the slide button, he'd just ignore it and do the normal slow crawl and get himself killed. So i tried pressing it super super early before i came to that part, and he actually slid, but his slide would always end right under the thing so he'd start crawling the rest of the way all the same.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I really really hated that part. When i first did it with chris, whenever i would press the slide button, he'd just ignore it and do the normal slow crawl and get himself killed. So i tried pressing it super super early before i came to that part, and he actually slid, but his slide would always end right under the thing so he'd start crawling the rest of the way all the same.
This. It was like the Leon rope climb, but far more frustrating.

Darkness

Infected
Since i find myself in this thread again i should talk about a few complaints i forgot to mention up until now.

1. The reoccurring inconveniences on some levels that frustrate me to no end. These stupid little mini-cutscenes that happen when something is going on environmentally. Example 1, the stupid aircraft carrier. That thing for the love of god kept shaking at the stupidest times and causing that little stumble for 5 seconds, which often is just enough time for a Raskapanje to come and grab you. Example 2, that annoying graveyard. For some reason, every 5 seconds, lightning would strike and it would shift my camera away from whatever i was doing, and point it at some random zombie. I seriously do not get the point of this. If it were a horror movie, this might make sense, but this is a video game, so it's just annoying, especially when there's a different zombie that's about to grab me, whom I now cannot dodge because i have no idea where he or i am.

2. The specific position of meleeing attacks. I really hate when i'm running somewhere and happen across a crate, and that little action button pops up for me to smash it. I press the button, but i accidentally took one step too far and laft the acceptable zone of melee, so my character just swings randomly in the air, one inch to either side of the crate. It's really petty. It's even worse that when you melee into the air, for some reason it takes like five times as long for the melee to complete so you can try again. This is especially frusterating when i'm chasing down a Raskapanje hand, you know the ones that you throw to kill them? You have to have pinpoint positioning to actually activate the throw. Too many times am i chasing one of these down, and melee when i'm right on top of it, just to swing randomly in the air, letting it get away.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Since i find myself in this thread again i should talk about a few complaints i forgot to mention up until now.

1. The reoccurring inconveniences on some levels that frustrate me to no end. These stupid little mini-cutscenes that happen when something is going on environmentally. Example 1, the stupid aircraft carrier. That thing for the love of god kept shaking at the stupidest times and causing that little stumble for 5 seconds, which often is just enough time for a Raskapanje to come and grab you. Example 2, that annoying graveyard. For some reason, every 5 seconds, lightning would strike and it would shift my camera away from whatever i was doing, and point it at some random zombie. I seriously do not get the point of this. If it were a horror movie, this might make sense, but this is a video game, so it's just annoying, especially when there's a different zombie that's about to grab me, whom I now cannot dodge because i have no idea where he or i am.

2. The specific position of meleeing attacks. I really hate when i'm running somewhere and happen across a crate, and that little action button pops up for me to smash it. I press the button, but i accidentally took one step too far and laft the acceptable zone of melee, so my character just swings randomly in the air, one inch to either side of the crate. It's really petty. It's even worse that when you melee into the air, for some reason it takes like five times as long for the melee to complete so you can try again. This is especially frusterating when i'm chasing down a Raskapanje hand, you know the ones that you throw to kill them? You have to have pinpoint positioning to actually activate the throw. Too many times am i chasing one of these down, and melee when i'm right on top of it, just to swing randomly in the air, letting it get away.
lol you have lots of complaining to do huh?

I have one real complaint. The story was kinda confusing and hard to follow, unlike previous games.

Frenchman

Thank you all for the Haos thing. So I must try over and over again, there is no specific thing to do with the buttons. Glad to see anyway that I'm not the only one who had more or less difficulty to do it. :mad:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I have alot of complaints about this game.

First of all, I hate the inventory system. I like hoarding things or otherwise being able to store things, but the inventory system was so restrictive I was constantly having to drop items. If would have been nice to have had the opportunity to pick up what you drop - since more often than not I was just mixing herbs, but nope. And then I don't like how you can't upgrade weapons.

I would have liked Typewriters, as said above, or some saving process that was a bit more liberal than the one here. I frequently found the game frustrating and boring at times, but because some chapters are relatively long I'd just quit and come back to find I had to do that one part I hated over again. Ugh.

Quick time events.

The last couple chapters of Leon's campaign. Derek Simmons was the most redundantly uninteresting boss I've ever fought.

I'm sure there are more, but in all honesty I think I enjoyed ORC more than this.

DarkZhooter

바보
I don't like the inventory system just because you only have one space for every items in the game so I had to drop some while fighting a boss :3

Frenchman

Talking about inventory ... I have acid and other type of "ammo" in my inventory, it is supposed to be used with the grenade launcher ?? If so, why am I not able to use them with the empty grenade launcher ?

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Yeah, its a shame they didn't add an inventory system like the one RE5 had to keep all our left over ammo and herbs.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I think the reason for the story being so weak is because there were three separate campaigns to play. While I love that there were new and old characters that we got to hear from, I just think that the time devoted to each story wasn't enough to create a fully developed story. Usually the whole game focuses on one story, so there's a lot more leeway, there's more time to include all the little details and make it less linear. With this, they had to split the time of the whole game between three separate campaigns, meaning that the story was less complex, less developed and more linear.

Top Bottom