• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 People actually buy this crap?

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
How am i anti-re ? Just because i don't share the same opinion with you i'm anti-RE ?? that's very narrow minded.

It was an insult ? it was more like a figure of speech if anything if you're so goddamn hostile&immature then this argument is over.. i already crushed your argument anyway RE6 is not realistic and controls suck in RE6.Oh Really ? start a petition to ban me then i don't give a flying fu*k because this thread's topic creator sure shares the same opinion as mine so if its anyone its you who doesn't belong in this thread.:cool:

I love Re games and i joined the forums and i have all the equal rights to express my views and you can't do anything to stop that.:cool:

EDIT: Getting back on topic RE6 is the lowest point in the whole franchise some even consider it the death of the RE series.

Yeah you have the same rights but you constantly degrade people.

If you changed that you 'may' be liked more.

You aren't like any of us you aren't fun loving or goofy just different but your the bad kind you are hostile with literally everyone you spoke to.

And how do you know the topics creator shares your views?

His mind set can be far different then yours no human is the same (I'll vouch for twins)

As for Re6: Yeah it's least popular of all the modern Re's Revelations is the 'best' I'd take 6 over REvelations because I had next to no fun in RER besides Raid mode's to slow for me. Mercenaries is the thrill of having everything come for your blood all at once.

REvelations also made less sense then 6 because it was set BEFORE 5 and was ended with a cliffhanger.

I made it a collection to have ALL RE's ever created. I ended my collection on REvelations I refuse to buy that game it's EUGH. in my honest opinion

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
rockman does have a good point,
even if he isnt allways polite
fixed camera angels and tank controlls can never get outdated in resident evil
resident evil is resident evil, resident evil is not gta
i think capcom did what they thought was best in re4 by making it 3rd person and all that
but they should have seen by now that it doesnt work and go back to the original concept again
making more games like remake perhaps, or how about reinventing re 3.5 instead of releasing crap like racoon city
sure re6 was fun for a while, but is there anyone here that seriously believes that its better than 3.5?

Sadly enough though, even though the old school style it better (opinion). It wouldn't sell these days. I'd rather RE continue with a great story, and have a gameplay that is just "Ok," rather than the whole series be cancelled because NO body buys it due to its control scheme. When I say it's outdated, I mean by the standards of most gamers today, not by my own personal beliefs.

weskerondope

yeah, but they could still make some old school games like they did with the megaman game they did a few years ago,
i think a game with ps1 graphics has way lower budget so that will make up for the fact that less people buy them, they can also reuse assets from earlier games such as sound files and engine and all that,

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
yeah, but they could still make some old school games like they did with the megaman game they did a few years ago,
i think a game with ps1 graphics has way lower budget so that will make up for the fact that less people buy them, they can also reuse assets from earlier games such as sound files and engine and all that,

It's not about budget, or graphics...It's about multiplayer, online capabilities, weapons, endless amounts of enemies. All things that the original RE games had NOTHING to do with. That's what made them great. A game like that just won't sell. Hell, look at Silent Hill. Even they had to change their style to keep selling. Look, I really do wish the old style could sell, because I SLIGHTLY prefer it, but it just can't.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
It's not about budget, or graphics...It's about multiplayer, online capabilities, weapons, endless amounts of enemies. All things that the original RE games had NOTHING to do with. That's what made them great. A game like that just won't sell. Hell, look at Silent Hill. Even they had to change their style to keep selling. Look, I really do wish the old style could sell, because I SLIGHTLY prefer it, but it just can't.

In a recent interview Capcom stated that they understand fans weren't happy with how RE6 turned out. They said Re7 would go back to roots and they're pushing for a 2015 release. Maybe we'll see a mix of old and new mechanics.

weskerondope

then i guess its up to us to stop buying future resident evil games just to make a point
allthough since i am an idiotic super collector that would be hard for me
also i dont agree with you 100 percent, i think many people would buy old school resident evil games
i think resident evil zero and remake sold poorly momstly cause they where on gamecube and that system didnt sell well

another thing they could do is repeat one of the ideas of resident evil 6, making one campaign more old school like with leons

but this time they could make one campaign (perhaps barrys campaign) in the old school way like zero and remake, and maybe with a partner like in zero, fixed cameras, less enemies, backtracking, collecting key items and stuff
and the other 2 or 3 campaigns could be more modern, but thats just my wishfull thinking, if i was super rich i would buy capcom and give orders but unfortunatly for us all im not that rich

UmbrellaFella

Master of Unlocking
I would love to see the old Re style come back, but I just don't think it would sell well with today's generation of gamers. They probably wouldn't have the patience for a true survival horror game since they are used to cod style action.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
In a recent interview Capcom stated that they understand fans weren't happy with how RE6 turned out. They said Re7 would go back to roots and they're pushing for a 2015 release. Maybe we'll see a mix of old and new mechanics.

Jay, for how long have they kept claiming they're going to go back to the roots. In a sense they do. But it's in small sporadic doses. And it works in my opinion. I really think it does, but apparently it's just not enough. Story wise I think it's just as gold as the original RE.
then i guess its up to us to stop buying future resident evil games just to make a point
allthough since i am an idiotic super collector that would be hard for me
also i dont agree with you 100 percent, i think many people would buy old school resident evil games
i think resident evil zero and remake sold poorly momstly cause they where on gamecube and that system didnt sell well

another thing they could do is repeat one of the ideas of resident evil 6, making one campaign more old school like with leons

but this time they could make one campaign (perhaps barrys campaign) in the old school way like zero and remake, and maybe with a partner like in zero, fixed cameras, less enemies, backtracking, collecting key items and stuff
and the other 2 or 3 campaigns could be more modern, but thats just my wishfull thinking, if i was super rich i would buy capcom and give orders but unfortunatly for us all im not that rich

I won't lie, I stopped reading after you said the Gamecube didn't sell well lol. I really can't take anything seriously past that.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Jay, for how long have they kept claiming they're going to go back to the roots. In a sense they do. But it's in small sporadic doses. And it works in my opinion. I really think it does, but apparently it's just not enough. Story wise I think it's just as gold as the original RE.
Yeah, true. Capcom did say that before RE6 released though ironically it was only for Leon. Hopefully they got the picture this time and stick to their word for the entirety of it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Resident evil Remake sold pretty well on Gamecube....if capcom has time for making crappy spin-off's like ORC why not make one old styled game and see how much it sells ?? and seriously if i want call of duty or gears of war i would play them Not resident evil !
Yeah you have the same rights but you constantly degrade people.
If you changed that you 'may' be liked more.
I don't degrade anyone you're the only one who's flaming me -_- and i don't need to be liked by someone like you either.
And how do you know the topics creator shares your views?
Because he thinks RE6 is crap and i agree with him your futile attempts at making me look like the black sheep is rather pathetic if you don't like me ignore me.

weskerondope

I won't lie, I stopped reading after you said the Gamecube didn't sell well lol. I really can't take anything seriously past that.

according to wikipedia the gamecube sold 21.74 million units, the xbox sold 24 million (but didnt have any resident evils) and the ps2 155 million, so there is that, also i believe many parents bought gamecube for their children, since nintendo has been looked upon as a childrens consoles (unfairly if you ask me)

weskerondope

oh yeah and ps1 sold over 100 million units, so unless youre a fanboy or wikipedia is wrong, who knows, then gamecube didnt sell well

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
according to wikipedia the gamecube sold 21.74 million units, the xbox sold 24 million (but didnt have any resident evils) and the ps2 155 million, so there is that, also i believe many parents bought gamecube for their children, since nintendo has been looked upon as a childrens consoles (unfairly if you ask me)
Holy crap... that's a curbstomp.. Re1 Remake isn't as popular only because gamecube failed as a console and i wonder what would have happened to RE4 if it remained on gamecube.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Resident evil Remake sold pretty well on Gamecube....if capcom has time for making crappy spin-off's like ORC why not make one old styled game and see how much it sells ?? and seriously if i want call of duty or gears of war i would play them Not resident evil !I don't degrade anyone you're the only one who's flaming me -_- and i don't need to be liked by someone like you either.Because he thinks RE6 is crap and i agree with him your futile attempts at making me look like the black sheep is rather pathetic if you don't like me ignore me.

-_-U I cannot take you seriously anymore it's rather comical.

Anyways Well actually the Gamecube DIDN'T sell well that's a fact but Imo Gamecube games destroyed all other systems Minus MGS nothing beats that sorry. Just no

weskerondope

i agree. i love the gamecube as a console, just as i love the xbox and ps2 aswell
im a console collector in case anybody didnt know, and i dont favorise any of them really

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
oh yeah and ps1 sold over 100 million units, so unless youre a fanboy or wikipedia is wrong, who knows, then gamecube didnt sell well

It didn't sell as well, you're right. But saying it didn't sell well? It barely sold less than the XBox. And really, if you think about it, yes, the PS2 did sell better, but that's because they kept coming out with updated versions all the time, and (and this is just my opinion) the PS2 has better sales because it broke a lot. I won't lie. I went through 4 different PS2's. And Sony got my dollar every time. I still have the exact SAME Gamecube as the one I got in 2004, and still plays like a dream. I can't say much about the XBox because while I did have one, I won't lie, I'm a little biased, since I'm not an XBox fan at all. However, I will admit, it did hold up better than all 4 of my PS2's, despite the fact that I DO like Sony better than microsoft.

weskerondope

yeah i suppose your right, my ps2 has gotten problems now with reading discs,
i still think gamecube is very underrated console, my first console from that generation was ps2 that i got 2002
didnt get me gamecube untill 2005 when resident evil 4 was allready out, i bought it only for resident evil
for me the gamecube is only a tool to play resident evil, if i wanted other games from that generation i mostly bought them for my ps2 or xbox, but the gamecube fellt perfect for resident evil, great controller for it, and the best resident evil library that any console ever had imo, as for the xbox i thought it had great homebrew functions, media players and emulators and all that, i even run some of my ps1 resident evil games on it without any major problems, it feelt like a really cool computer to me

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
yeah i suppose your right, my ps2 has gotten problems now with reading discs,
i still think gamecube is very underrated console, my first console from that generation was ps2 that i got 2002
didnt get me gamecube untill 2005 when resident evil 4 was allready out, i bought it only for resident evil
for me the gamecube is only a tool to play resident evil, if i wanted other games from that generation i mostly bought them for my ps2 or xbox, but the gamecube fellt perfect for resident evil, great controller for it, and the best resident evil library that any console ever had imo, as for the xbox i thought it had great homebrew functions, media players and emulators and all that, i even run some of my ps1 resident evil games on it without any major problems, it feelt like a really cool computer to me

I really do think that it was underrated as well. I mean there were SEVERAL great exclusives for the Gamecube, and it actually had better graphics than the PS2. I did get a PS2 first, and I really did like it, but it just didn't offer the same amount of fun that the Gamecube offered. Now when I play a PS2 I have fun, but when I play Gamecube I have a RIGHTEOUS sense of nostalgia.

weskerondope

yeah, i suppose what attracted me to ps2 as a kid was dvd player and gta games, also it did have code veronica, whcih gamecube didnt even have at the time

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
yeah, i suppose what attracted me to ps2 as a kid was dvd player and gta games, also it did have code veronica, whcih gamecube didnt even have at the time
plus it was way more affordable and popular than gamecube or Xbox i remember everyone was talking about PS2.

Top Bottom