• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 People actually buy this crap?

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Yeah because of curiosity.What worse camera can you elaborate on that ?? it didn't have a drunk camera which was shaking all the time whether it be shooting or moving around everything gives you feeling of disorientation.. in a bad way.That's why i don't like MGS games they're boring.OH REALLY ?

Re6 has 3 hours of Cutscenes !! and the story is stupid as hell only 12 yr old Micheal bay fans would enjoy this not so clever story.The game sucks but just not in your opinion :D

Gamespot:http://asia.gamespot.com/resident-evil-6/reviews/resident-evil-6-review-6397185/
GiantBomb:http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/resident-evil-6-review/1900-528/
Destructoid:http://www.destructoid.com/review-resident-evil-6-235326.phtml
Kotaku:http://kotaku.com/5948171/resident-evil-6-the-kotaku-review
G4TV:http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/65872/resident-evil-6/
Gamingexcellence:http://www.gamingexcellence.com/pc/games/resident-evil-6/review

I could go on but you get the point RE6 is dissapointing game which neither lives up to the standard set up by RE4 nor adds anything fun to the gameplay.

Its cool if you don't care about anything and just want to have fun but others don't take the title "Resident evil" loosely.

MGS is boring?!? I can say a LOT of bad things about from that sentence but that also automatically told me what kind of gamer you are. But lets not get into that.

As far as cutscenes go I meant not in length but what they were I didn't like 3/4 of Re5's Cutscenes but even then I thought they were awesome.

Re5's Camera you got literall Chris covering the left half of the screen I mean hell He can literally hide a Chainsaw from you.

The camera in Re6 doesn't shake. prove me wrong if you can but I've never seen any problems and I actually would like if you showed me the 'problems'

I can say more but got nothing left to say to you.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
MGS is boring?!? I can say a LOT of bad things about from that sentence but that also automatically told me what kind of gamer you are. But lets not get into that.
No i insist you do,i personally consider myself a gamer who likes to "Play" the game instead of watching hours of interactive cutscenes.

What is metal gear solid anyway ?? i don't get the popularity or the hype.

Is it a stealth game ?? no it isn't it sucks as stealth game play Hitman Blood money if you really want to play a quality stealth game.

Is it brilliant storytelling and vivid characters which just sucks you in ?? No ! i don't find any of the characters or the story least bit interesting in fact it just comes off as rather unnecessarily pretentious and dull

And i'm still baffled as to why MGS peace walker is so highly rated on PSP its just overrated as hell... okay the graphics are great and it is a decent shooter but everything else is just mediocre syphon filer is much much better stealth/action combination and it way underrated why ? because it doesn't have the title "MGS" which prompts fangasms all over the world.
Re5's Camera you got literall Chris covering the left half of the screen
wait didn't you have this >
re5-screenshot-1.jpg
chris is hardly covering the screen and you can perfectly aim without any shaky cam effects or annoying QTE's.
The camera in Re6 doesn't shake.
what ? you can't even aim straight even the aimer is shaky.. not to mention the zombies leap at you every 2 seconds prompting a QTE and then you try to get up and then you aim while moving..

and yeah that's exactly what i call shaky "moving&shooting in a jittery environment" its not scary or tense its just plain annoying..actually wait...

I remember this type of shaky camera from another game..
needless to say i didn't really like this game.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
No i insist you do,i personally consider myself a gamer who likes to "Play" the game instead of watching hours of interactive cutscenes.

What is metal gear solid anyway ?? i don't get the popularity or the hype.

Is it a stealth game ?? no it isn't it sucks as stealth game play Hitman Blood money if you really want to play a quality stealth game.

Is it brilliant storytelling and vivid characters which just sucks you in ?? No ! i don't find any of the characters or the story least bit interesting in fact it just comes off as rather unnecessarily pretentious and dull

And i'm still baffled as to why MGS peace walker is so highly rated on PSP its just overrated as hell... okay the graphics are great and it is a decent shooter but everything else is just mediocre syphon filer is much much better stealth/action combination and it way underrated why ? because it doesn't have the title "MGS" which prompts fangasms all over the world. wait didn't you have this >
re5-screenshot-1.jpg
chris is hardly covering the screen and you can perfectly aim without any shaky cam effects or annoying QTE's.what ? you can't even aim straight even the aimer is shaky.. not to mention the zombies leap at you every 2 seconds prompting a QTE and then you try to get up and then you aim while moving..

and yeah that's exactly what i call shaky "moving&shooting in a jittery environment" its not scary or tense its just plain annoying..actually wait...

I remember this type of shaky camera from another game..
needless to say i didn't really like this game.

Reading this makes me want to vomit so much I just cannot fathom the kind of person you are anymore.

Hitman imo is a terrible game I've tried it but the controls felt completely off I'd take ORC's controls over Hitman but it's my Opinion So I'll end it there.

MGS makes any other game you play significantly inferior of course that's my opinion of course I've question if you ever played a MGS game you'd probably quite since you want to "Just shoot something" as if you 'Just shoot' you are dog meat and won't get passed the first area in MGS1 or 2

That's the Beta of Re5 (I've noticed rather than the final product you use the beta? any explanation?)
The Final Products camera has Chris literally covering the right side there are many pictures search it up.

MGS Peace Walker ISN'T a shooter in fact No MGS game qualifies as a shooter unless you count Metal Gear Online. since Kojima hates war and blood shed awarding the best title to all who can clear the game without kills. End game speeches literally change the way you view like since it makes so many VALID points.

I'm no fanboy but I'm 100% sure MGS ISN'T a mediocre of a game or series as MGS has had a line of Scores from 9 or 10 nothing lower. Actually a real fact MGS2 scored 9 ONLY because some whiny little bitch didn't get Snake .

Hitman: EUGH let's not get into that besides you are trying to kill

While MGS gives you penalties for killing which is a nice touch

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Yeah and exactly who wants to have 4 campaigns intertwining together ? whoever had this idea must have been smoking meth.
Well, I'm no meth user, but I thought it was a good idea, albeit not the best execution. One area the game didn't let me down in was the amount of content. Identity crisis, sure I think that's fair, but at least it kept me busy for a while.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Well, I'm no meth user, but I thought it was a good idea, albeit not the best execution. One area the game didn't let me down in was the amount of content. Identity crisis, sure I think that's fair, but at least it kept me busy for a while.

I enjoyed the game but never thought of it like that.

Hell I wouldn't mind if they kept Carla make for an awesome Cameo in Re7

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Reading this makes me want to vomit so much I just cannot fathom the kind of person you are anymore.
Ha ha nice personal insult there i sure won't report it unless you insist.:D
Hitman imo is a terrible game
Sorry i lost you there... you lose all credibility if you call one of greatest stealth games ever made a "Terrible" game.
I've tried it but the controls felt completely off
that makes me wonder did you even play Resident evil 1,2,3 ?? i sure hope you didn't because you would probably hate it if you can't even bring yourself to play hitman.
MGS makes any other game you play significantly inferior
But...but.. i like playing with dog poo and maybe MGS is better than dog poo... or is it ? dog poo isn't overrated so its all subjective.:cool:

>I've question if you ever played a MGS game you'd probably quite since you want to "Just shoot something"
I suppose its spelled "Quit" anyway yeah i've played it its an average shooter with some optional stealth mechanics which obviously isn't the main focus of the game.

>That's the Beta of Re5
How about this >
resident-evil-5_26-07-08_01.jpg

Where is chris covering up the whole screen ?

>MGS Peace Walker ISN'T a shooter.
Then what is it ?? you play as an army dude who sneaks up and shoots stuff what do you call a game like that ? i call it a shooter.
>End game speeches literally change the way you view like since it makes so many VALID points.
Err sorry i don't play video games for someone's B.S vision about war&sh!t that kind of game is fit for people who are over 30 or maybe 40 years old.. i play games to detach myself from reality and immerse myself in a world of fun not something with ties back into the realworld.
I'm 100% sure MGS ISN'T a mediocre of a game or series
Sorry you have no authority over my opinion.. i consider it a mediocre overrated bloated piece of garbage.
While MGS gives you penalties for killing which is a nice touch
If you have ever played hitman.... only if you ever played an actual stealth game >_>

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Ha ha nice personal insult there i sure won't report it unless you insist.:DSorry i lost you there... you lose all credibility if you call one of greatest stealth games ever made a "Terrible" game. that makes me wonder did you even play Resident evil 1,2,3 ?? i sure hope you didn't because you would probably hate it if you can't even bring yourself to play hitman.But...but.. i like playing with dog poo and maybe MGS is better than dog poo... or is it ? dog poo isn't overrated so its all subjective.:cool:

>I've question if you ever played a MGS game you'd probably quite since you want to "Just shoot something"
I suppose its spelled "Quit" anyway yeah i've played it its an average shooter with some optional stealth mechanics which obviously isn't the main focus of the game.

>That's the Beta of Re5
How about this >
resident-evil-5_26-07-08_01.jpg

Where is chris covering up the whole screen ?

>MGS Peace Walker ISN'T a shooter.
Then what is it ?? you play as an army dude who sneaks up and shoots stuff what do you call a game like that ? i call it a shooter.
>End game speeches literally change the way you view like since it makes so many VALID points.
Err sorry i don't play video games for someone's B.S vision about war&sh!t that kind of game is fit for people who are over 30 or maybe 40 years old.. i play games to detach myself from reality and immerse myself in a world of fun not something with ties back into the realworld.Sorry you have no authority over my opinion.. i consider it a mediocre overrated bloated piece of garbage.If you have ever played hitman.... only if you ever played an actual stealth game >_> yeah.

This is just sad.

First off I guess I should of mentioned this but I meant when you aren't aiming like Walking or running

Hitman isn't a Stealth game I mean you CAN use Stealth but from what I've seen most use Assault Play styles

MGS isn't a shooter for two reasons.

Say you just start running around shooting people you will just get gunned down from soldiers with OP AR or Shotties.

You aren't a Military 'dude' You are a Soldier without a Boarder you don't fight for the Military you fight for your beliefs.

I also did play the previous RE's obviously the controls were manageable. Hitman felt strange not fluent at all just...I dunno it was weird to me.

Your definition on Shooters is rather bleak by that standing almost every game is a shooter.

FYI: The greatest Stealth game dubbed by all who enjoy them is MGS IGN and those other game thingy's consider it the best Stealth game in existence. I have various friends who've played Hitman that call it a Atrocity I have yet to meet someone who dubbed MGS anything but a masterpiece Today that ended.

Our opinions stand separate and will never be on friendly terms as we are two different types of people with different types of views and what not.

Also yes it was quit just didn't notice it. but if I may ask? what games do YOU prefer?

my personal list is Splinter Cell, MGS, and Resident Evil (All but revelations)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
First off I guess I should of mentioned this but I meant when you aren't aiming like Walking or running
Yes and that is the "Shaky" camera i was talking about earlier it totally ruins the gameplay experience for me.
>Hitman isn't a Stealth game
You haven't played it you can't judge it.
>Say you just start running around shooting people you will just get gunned down
So then its "Tactical shooter" -_-
>You aren't a Military 'dude'
Well that's as far as i care about his character.
>FYI: The greatest Stealth game dubbed by all who enjoy them is MGS IGN
These are the same people who think call of duty is the best game of all time... so yeah i don't care about what they consider "Teh best stealth game of all time".
>I have various friends who've played Hitman that call it a Atrocity i have yet to meet someone who dubbed MGS anything but a masterpiece Today that ended.
Figures.... because you won't befriend someone who doesn't love MGS and hate hitman equally.. that just doesn't make sense you humbly coming in terms with opinions ? nah that's just silly.
>What games do YOU prefer?
why do you even bother if you hate me so much ?

EDIT:BTW this guy sums up my reaction to the hyper popularity of MGS

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Yes and that is the "Shaky" camera i was talking about earlier it totally ruins the gameplay experience for me.
>Hitman isn't a Stealth game
You haven't played it you can't judge it.
>Say you just start running around shooting people you will just get gunned down
So then its "Tactical shooter" -_-
>You aren't a Military 'dude'
Well that's as far as i care about his character.
>FYI: The greatest Stealth game dubbed by all who enjoy them is MGS IGN
These are the same people who think call of duty is the best game of all time... so yeah i don't care about what they consider "Teh best stealth game of all time".
>I have various friends who've played Hitman that call it a Atrocity i have yet to meet someone who dubbed MGS anything but a masterpiece Today that ended.
Figures.... because you won't befriend someone who doesn't love MGS and hate hitman equally.. that just doesn't make sense you humbly coming in terms with opinions ? nah that's just silly.
>What games do YOU prefer?
why do you even bother if you hate me so much ?

How's the camera shaky? I still don't have proof about it.

I can say the same as you judged MGS Hitmans just a 'Bloated piece of garbage" with a creepy as f bald guy at that.

MGS You shoot a unsilenced weapon= You are dead. why don't you read something about it you'd learn a few things.

Characters make a game enjoyable. such a shame.

I won't lie I agree about the whole CoD thing but if you like CoD it's impossible to like other games that is a fact.

I'd befriend someone if we have something in common I'd befriend someone who can HATE video games as long as we got something in common.

I don't hate you just dislike you. But the fact that you called a godly game as MGS mediocre has me curious what in the 5 hells do you even play then.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
How's the camera shaky? I still don't have proof about it.
I have already told you the camera isn't still.... zombies jump you fall down and shoot and it all feels just shaky to me.

If i'm aiming at something i want to aim from a stance where i'm not constantly moving or falling down or inbetween a QTE

>I can say the same as you judged MGS
Except i've actually played the game. -_- you HAVEN'T !
>MGS You shoot a unsilenced weapon= You are dead.
That's strange i was doing pretty well with my assault rifle
>if you like CoD it's impossible to like other games that is a fact.
There's nothing wrong in liking CoD and its not impossible to like other games because of that its just overrated when you consider it "The best game of all time" its just an stretch.
>I don't hate you just dislike you.
Do you have a short time memory ? you did say that you loathe people like me >_>
>But the fact that you called a godly game as MGS
How is it "Godly" ? its just like call of duty overrated&overhyped

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I have already told you the camera isn't still.... zombies jump you fall down and shoot and it all feels just shaky to me.

If i'm aiming at something i want to aim from a stance where i'm not constantly moving or falling down or inbetween a QTE

How is that realistic though? I mean the greatest thing about RE is it's sense of realism. You wouldn't have a moment to sit and aim and everything be perfectly still during a zombie apocalypse.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
How is that realistic though? I mean the greatest thing about RE is it's sense of realism.
Realism.. lol ? you're kidding me right ?? kicking a group of people like pinatas and bashing people's skulls into walls like a superhero is realistic ?
You wouldn't have a moment to sit and aim and everything be perfectly still during a zombie apocalypse.
Yeah exactly can i have my dear tank controls back please ? i don't exactly want a hollywood shooter run'n'gun i want something like RE4 with more horror.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Realism.. lol ? you're kidding me right ?? kicking a group of people and bashing people's skulls into walls like a superhero is realistic ?Yeah exactly can i have my dear tank controls back please ?

I'm talking about the over all story of RE. It has a very realistic "End of Humanity" feel to it. There's nothing really TOO far out of reach. Hell, most of the series is set in modern times, with six being set BARLEY into the future from this current moment. So yes, realistic, when you compare it to games such as Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, or Sonic the Hedgehog. All FANTASTIC games, but have nothing in the way of realism to them, which is part of what makes them good, but conversely the same can be said for Resident Evil. And TANK controls, are just outdated. And once again, rather unrealistic. You wouldn't last a SECOND in real life if something of this nature actually happened. Always standing still to shoot. Making sure your aim is just PERFECT. I'm sorry, but RE6 made it feel far more in the moment and real...

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm talking about the over all story of RE. It has a very realistic "End of Humanity" feel to it.
What are you 10 or something ?? it was like a cheap hollywood movie gone wrong or something it was embarrassing to say the least C-virus really ?? what next D-virus ? how is constant micheal bay explosions realistic ? how come leon&chris never get infected if over 70,000 people just got infected by inhaling air ?

At least RE4 knew its story was stupid and didn't take itself too seriously.

The Last of Us.. now that is what i consider a semi-realistic game because at least the gameplay is somewhat like real life and your characters aren't superheroes,villains aren't cliched superevil organizations or lovesick doppelganger scientists
And TANK controls, are just outdated. And once again, rather unrealistic.
OH i see how your logic works what you like is automatically realistic and what you don't isn't

>>FYI in real life people can't and DO NOT aim when they are constantly shaking and yet that's what you do all the time in RE6 its against the human instinct to aim when you're not steady !

>>People do not have the power to even kick a sandbag... let alone sending a mutated humans 30 yards away like a ragdoll only superman can do that

How are the tank controls outdated ? and how are they any more unrealistic than a stupid shaky 3rd person ? its just beyond me.

Resident evil is NOT realistic not even by story or gameplay standards it never was and never will be.
I'm sorry, but RE6 made it feel far more in the moment and real...
Seriously was that the first video game you've ever played ? RE6 is as unrealistic and stupid as any hollywood popcorn flick goes,heck i may have enjoyed those crappy movies more than this game.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
What are you 10 or something ?? it was like a cheap hollywood movie gone wrong or something it was embarrassing to say the least C-virus really ?? what next D-virus ? how is constant micheal bay explosions realistic ? how come leon&chris never get infected if over 70,000 people just got infected by inhaling air ?

The Last of Us.. now that is what i consider a semi-realistic game because at least the gameplay is somewhat like real life and your characters aren't superheroes,villains aren't cliched superevil organizations or lovesick doppelganger scientistsOH i see how your logic works what you like is automatically realistic and what you don't isn't

>>FYI in real life people can't and DO NOT aim when they are constantly shaking and yet that's what you do all the time in RE6 its against the human instinct to aim when you're not steady !

>>People do not have the power to even kick a sandbag... let alone sending a mutated humans 30 yards away like a ragdoll only superman can do that

How are the tank controls outdated ? and how are they any more unrealistic than a stupid shaky 3rd person ? its just beyond me.

Resident evil is NOT realistic not even by story or gameplay standards it never was and never will be.
Seriously was that the first video game you've ever played ? RE6 is as unrealistic and stupid as any hollywood popcorn flick goes,heck i may have enjoyed those crappy movies more than this game.

So riddle me this. If you are so anti RE, then why are you here?

Oh, and FYI, insults such as "What are you, like 10," aren't exactly the best way to try and sway somebody to share your way of thinking.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.

The Last of Us.. now that is what i consider a semi-realistic game because at least the gameplay is somewhat like real life and your characters aren't superheroes,villains aren't cliched superevil organizations or lovesick doppelganger scientistsOH i see how your logic works what you like is automatically realistic and what you don't isn't

This is why nobody likes you. nor wants you here.

But seriously take this into account.

It's a video game it can be whatever the hell it wants to be they can make RE into a mario game but it still be fun (Granted Mario games are the most popular regardless)

Its all up to the developers.

You don't like it try something else that's a concept you are seemingly ignoring why not let Re6 go and try something else?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

But seriously take this into account.

It's a video game it can be whatever the hell it wants to be they can make RE into a mario game but it still be fun (Granted Mario games are the most popular regardless)

Its all up to the developers.

You don't like it try something else that's a concept you are seemingly ignoring why not let Re6 go and try something else?

WooHoo!!! Mario! You can never go wrong with Nintendo!!

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
So riddle me this. If you are so anti RE, then why are you here?

Oh, and FYI, insults such as "What are you, like 10," aren't exactly the best way to try and sway somebody to share your way of thinking.
How am i anti-re ? Just because i don't share the same opinion with you i'm anti-RE ?? that's very narrow minded.

It was an insult ? it was more like a figure of speech if anything if you're so goddamn hostile&immature then this argument is over.. i already crushed your argument anyway RE6 is not realistic and controls suck in RE6.
Oh Really ? start a petition to ban me then i don't give a flying fu*k because this thread's topic creator sure shares the same opinion as mine so if its anyone its you who doesn't belong in this thread.:cool:

I love Re games and i joined the forums and i have all the equal rights to express my views and you can't do anything to stop that.:cool:

EDIT: Getting back on topic RE6 is the lowest point in the whole franchise some even consider it the death of the RE series.

weskerondope

rockman does have a good point,
even if he isnt allways polite
fixed camera angels and tank controlls can never get outdated in resident evil
resident evil is resident evil, resident evil is not gta
i think capcom did what they thought was best in re4 by making it 3rd person and all that
but they should have seen by now that it doesnt work and go back to the original concept again
making more games like remake perhaps, or how about reinventing re 3.5 instead of releasing crap like racoon city
sure re6 was fun for a while, but is there anyone here that seriously believes that its better than 3.5?

Top Bottom