• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 People actually buy this crap?

OutbreakFTW

You must be kids to enjoy this call of dookie gameplay. RE was never about shooting the crap out of everything you see... This FPS CoD craze has most developers scrambling to get a piece of the action. Any game that isn't a brainless shooter with hold your hand mechanics usually fails, games like Minecraft are obviously not affected but they are far too few to measure. It's like no one can be bothered with steep difficulty any more. They just get frustrated and turn off the game, call it crap because they suck at it and go out for the next gears of modern duty warfare.... FFS people where is my survival horror? WHERE!? The end.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I really enjoyed it, having played every resident evil game since i was young, ive also grown up with a lot of horror culture and zombie movies and so on. Anyway i still find it very enjoyable, as a fan of the series, characters and lore. it was awesome to have Ada back, and I really enjoyed the whole ada/carla clone storyline. As for the actual gameplay. the first couple of chapters of leons game were good , i also enjoyed chris' campaign because hes my favourite character. The gun mechanics and controls were very tight and felt good. I also like the graphics and art work in re6.
overall re5 and re6 are very much action games focusing on a large audience but i still enjoy the tension and lore surrounding the game and its locations, characters and gun play are great.
I didnt like the javos that can use guns and so on, i 'd have preferred all zombies and mutated enemies. I would rather they made something like a cross between re. revelations and then more of an open world like Dead Island or Fallout with more exploring and collecting, that would be ideal. I found the constant arrows and waypoints annoying in re6.

I spent over 300 hours on re6 mercenaries mode and enjoyed that mode a lot. Something about mercenaries mode in re4/re5/and re6 brings out the combo'ing competitive side of me and i love it, its very old school style gaming trying to get the highest score and every second counts.

If you want true survival/ hardcore games there are a few, i suggest Dark Souls, one of the best games i picked up cheap this year, totally immersive and brilliant difficulty, no map and markers which is refreshing.
Also, I think the ultimate challenge in zombie action games is LEFT 4 Dead 1 and 2, (2 is harder), trying to complete each campaign in the hardest Insane difficulty. took me weeks. I didnt cheat or use the join in the last chapter tricks but did it legit. It took me over 6 hours of trys to complete a stage in Left 4 dead 2 with a competent 4 player team. If you have completed either of those in the hardest difficulty then come talk about survival.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
You must be kids to enjoy this call of dookie gameplay. RE was never about shooting the crap out of everything you see... This FPS CoD craze has most developers scrambling to get a piece of the action. Any game that isn't a brainless shooter with hold your hand mechanics usually fails, games like Minecraft are obviously not affected but they are far too few to measure. It's like no one can be bothered with steep difficulty any more. They just get frustrated and turn off the game, call it crap because they suck at it and go out for the next gears of modern duty warfare.... FFS people where is my survival horror? WHERE!? The end.
Again with this? Dude Get it through your head people actually DO enjoy this. Have you tried revelations? Pick it up if you want horror. But enough with the Re6 Bashing I accept you just joined but you are really grinding on my nerves. Don't think I've ever heard a comparison like yours RE & Cod? I have NEVER heard that before.
But Really? Was this neccesary?

Hell I enjoyed this so much I'm getting it again for PC

VanDmage

COD dumbed everything down for people. Tis very sad. No more skill based fps shooters like the true gem Counter Strike.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Re6 does not prove that at all..in fact they tried to show some inspiration and style of the early games in parts 1 and 2 of Leon's campaign.They also brought back zombies by popular demand. Those two points alone show the inspiration from the early games and a nod towards old fans of the franchise. The game has become a pop. action game but i still enjoyed it in parts.

In Ada's campaign, they introduced some basic puzzles and also view points from fixed camera's reminisent of early Re.
Interestingly, the Evil Within is in development from the RE Creator and legend Shinji Mikami, and is supposed to be a return to traditional survival horror.

weskerondope

maybe old resident evil wont be back, i agree that is a shame
i would like nothing more than playing old school resident evil games on ps1 again

but i dont think neither revelations or 6 was old school at all
they are both modernized games with some cool references to the older games
revelations i did not enjoy to much, but i had a lot of fun with resident evil 6
but im allready tired of both games by now

but resident evil 2 is still feels fresh for me after all these years
and all sequels and prequles to it untill resident evil 4, which is the last good game
but at the same time also is the first not to great resident evil game

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
im looking forward to Day Z standalone, The Evil Within , State of Decay PC release. I think R.e. has definelty lost its way and needs to get to Survival horror

weskerondope

yeah co op makes everything better,
imagine if there was co op for the older games, that would be awesome
the closest thing to co op on the older games is playing resident evil zero on wii using wiimote
and then having a second player with a gamecube controller using only the c stick to controll the partners movements
well that kinda suck i guess but its better than nothing right

t103Ninja

yeah co op makes everything better,
imagine if there was co op for the older games, that would be awesome
the closest thing to co op on the older games is playing resident evil zero on wii using wiimote
and then having a second player with a gamecube controller using only the c stick to controll the partners movements
well that kinda suck i guess but its better than nothing right

haha me and my buddy used to do that back in the day, it wasnt the best but we still had alot of fun :)

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
4 was good, 5 was okay, and 6 was meh. That said, I don't think RE is trying to be COD at all. That's really all I have to say.

weskerondope

haha me and my buddy used to do that back in the day, it wasnt the best but we still had alot of fun :)
yeah still beats most of the newer resident evil games (dont get me started on opperation racoon city)
i also tried deadly silence once on 2 player, that kinda sucked even more
the other players looks like stars from super mario 64

weskerondope

i kinda liked 6 a little bit better than 5,
5 takes place in broad daylight all of the game pretty much,
how can that be acceptable for a resident evil game?
allways interesting to hear different opinions

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
RE6 is great. It didn't fail as an RE game ANY more than REmake did. If you guys are so stuck in your ways that you can't appreciate RE6 just because it's different than the other games, then why is it even worth your time to post about how much you didn't like it? It's not going to change the game any. Of course this isn't going out to everyone. But come on, it wasn't a bad game at ALL. Who am I kidding? I'm preaching to a bunch of people who think the movies suck too, which they SO don't. ALICE sucks, but hey, nothing is perfect. Even the original games have faults, despite how much we all love them.

Top Bottom