• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most Disliked Character

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
This was from a while ago, but whatever xD

I get hate for just saying this to my family: "I like Leon, but he's overrated. Chris is better!"
My least favourite though... I like all of them. I found Ashley annoying of course, but I didn't actually hate her.

umbra aeterna

This was from a while ago, but whatever xD

I get hate for just saying this to my family: "I like Leon, but he's overrated. Chris is better!"
My least favourite though... I like all of them. I found Ashley annoying of course, but I didn't actually hate her.

Whole family of re fans? I think leon is awesome, but I actually like chris as a charcter because we have a greater connection

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Whole family of re fans? I think leon is awesome, but I actually like chris as a charcter because we have a greater connection

Pretty much my whole family xD

Yeah, I find Chris to be more of a personal character, he shows more emotion, Leon's pretty much just chasing Ada in every game, he doesn't care about anything else really.

Dampless

3:30am
Most disliked character? Definitely Steve Burnside. Can't stand him, especially his raging fangirls saying "WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIEEEE! HE WAS MY FAVORITE, RIP" like who cares. He was a whiny little bitch boy.

shadowman912

Least favorite AI- Sheva. She burned through my ammo supplies like Leon does hair products.
Main protagonist- Chris. Well, less Chris and more just his storyline. He needs a revamping. Or an ***kicking. Or to get laid. He wanted Jake to shoot him in the head. Smack some passion back into him. Give him a personal life. Something.
Antagonist- Tie between Salazar and Simmons. They're annoying, creepy, and dressed too weird to be taken seriously. I wish they gave Leon a "Break his neck" QTE for both of them.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
My dislike for certain characters changes from game to game.

Resident Evil 6

Chris Redfield: I found him incredibly annoying for most of the time. He was arrogant, cocky, full of himself, bitchy as hell, he treated Piers like sh*t, apparently he forgot who Jill Valentine is, he got all of his men killed, his roid rage and and and. All I can say is: Get your hormones in balance, princess! Or just bang Jill already! But in the last 30. min of the game he was actually good. He's still one of my faves and I don't want him dead or something.
RE6 Chris is still better than Rev1 Jill, imo.

Jake: I don't know from which bad fanfic his character comes from, but him being Wesker's kid is just lol. He was ok, but I didn't like him that much.

Revelations 1

Jill Valentine: I'm her fan, but this version of Jill is probably the biggest insult to her character. I f*cking hate her new face, new voice and her boring personality. Put her next to a rock and you won't see a difference. I don't whether I was playing with Lara Croft or Jill Valentine in that game. The only interesting about Rev1 Jill was her butt :p Give us her Julia Voth face back and stop butchering her! Right now she's the most inconsistent character in RE. Continue with RE5 Jill (face, voice and personality) that awesome blonde battlesuit chick with a heart of gold :love:

Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Steve Burnside: whiny, childish and just annoying :p

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy

Resident Evil 6

Chris Redfield: I found him incredibly annoying for most of the time. He was arrogant, cocky, full of himself, bitchy as hell, he treated Piers like sh*t, apparently he forgot who Jill Valentine is, he got all of his men killed, his roid rage and and and. All I can say is: Get your hormones in balance, princess! Or just bang Jill already! But in the last 30. min of the game he was actually good. He's still one of my faves and I don't want him dead or something.

Jake: I don't know from which bad fanfic his character comes from, but him being Wesker's kid is just lol. He was ok, but I didn't like him that much.

Revelations 1

Jill Valentine: I'm her fan, but this version of Jill is probably the biggest insult to her character. I f*cking hate her new face, new voice and her boring personality. Put her next to a rock and you won't see a difference. I don't whether I was playing with Lara Croft or Jill Valentine in that game. The only interesting about Rev1 Jill was her butt :p Give us her Julia Voth face back and stop butchering her! Right now she's the most inconsistent character in RE. Continue with RE5 Jill (face, voice and personality) that awesome blonde battlesuit chick with a heart of gold :love:

I love RE6 Chris. Kind of weird, but he's the version of Chris I can relate to most for some reason.
Also, am I the only one that thinks Umbrella Chronicles Jill was way more monotone than Revelations Jill? :p

Dampless

3:30am

Resident Evil 6

Revelations 1

I actually like Chris a lot, but he's overrated IMO. His character is progressionly becoming more and more boring/stale. All Capcom has to offer for him anymore, is how much of a tool they can make him out to be. Personally, I like the STARS version of Chris way better. Jill's best character model would have to be in REmake, her short hair makes her look more feminine and sexy ;) Steve? F*ck sakes, good riddance is all I can say for that nub.

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
imo Jake Muller was the worst character capcom ever designed :
soulless , rude, too too bad ass, loves money, and he hates everyone e.g Chris, piers , Leon etc....

N7Valentine

I love RE6 Chris. Kind of weird, but he's the version of Chris I can relate to most for some reason.
Also, am I the only one that thinks Umbrella Chronicles Jill was way more monotone than Revelations Jill? :p
I kinda started to like him a better more than say 2 years ago. That's mostly thanks to Piers, but also Jill in RE5. A few months ago I just wanted to see him dying lol, but now he grew on me again and I'm glad he actually survived :) But still compared to his RE5 version, he was an ass in RE6 xD

I hardly remember Umbrella Chronicles Jill, but I loved her in RE5 :love:I can't tell you how many times I played Desperate Escape with her.
My main gripe with Jill is her inconsistency and Capcom's current disservice to her character :(

Last edited:

N7Valentine

I actually like Chris a lot, but he's overrated IMO. His character is progressionly becoming more and more boring/stale. All Capcom has to offer for him anymore, is how much of a tool they can make him out to be. Personally, I like the STARS version of Chris way better. Jill's best character model would have to be in REmake, her short hair makes her look more feminine and sexy ;) Steve? F*ck sakes, good riddance is all I can say for that nub.
I don't hate him. I actually like him, but I agree with you he is overrated and yes his character becomes stale so that's why I think he needs a break from RE games. I mean 3 games in a row? That's quite a lot, but there's still some unfinished business between him and Jill, tho ;) Speaking of Jill, I think she needs a comeback, but as long as Capcom gets her right. If she turns out to be anything like in Rev1 in the next game, I'll go into roid rage mode like Chris xD

Oh I love that blonde battlesuit Jill the most (I don't mind her blonde hair) :3 Jill's curvaceous body in RE5 was certainly more dangerous than any bio-weapon they ever created in RE ;D

Steve was such a ret*rd. I'm glad he's dead! Claire deserves someone better than this noob :p

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I kinda started to like him a better more than say 2 years ago. That's mostly thanks to Piers, but also Jill in RE5. A few months ago I just wanted to see him dying lol, but now he grew on me again and I'm glad he actually survived :) But still compared to his RE5 version, he was an ass in RE6 xD

I hardly remember Umbrella Chronicles Jill, but I loved her in RE5 :love:I can't tell you how many times I played Desperate Escape with her.
My main gripe with Jill is her inconsistency and Capcom's current disservice to her character :(

She had the same voice actress in 5 as in UC but she sounded really weird in UC. "We HAVE-To lET thE WORld knOW WHAt HAPPened!" xD

Steve was such a ret*rd. I'm glad he's dead! Claire deserves someone better than this noob :p

Shh, I love Steve. :p

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I feel like it's more difficult to get people to approve of a character's portrayal the longer they've been around. If they give the character the same personality as the last game, they react to situations the same way and are considered "stale", but if you change the character's behavior, then people are like, "where did that come from, you're ruining my fav character". It's difficult to please everyone so there are bound to be some disappointments along the way.

To answer the question though, I'd say Jim from Outbreak and Irving from 5. They were both extremely annoying for no reason other than to be extremely annoying.

Top Bottom