• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most Disliked Character

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I was thinking earlier about how many fans dislike Ashley (I was watching Spongebob :)), and that made me wonder if Ashley is indeed the most disliked character in the RE universe. I quite like her, actually. So, who do you not like in the RE universe?

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
My least favorite character is either Alfred Ashford or Morpheus D. Duvall. I hate Alfred in Code Veronica, but I didn't hate him in Darkside Chronicles, and that's because he was annoying in Code Veronica, his voice and laugh sounds like nails on a chalkboard at the highest pitch to the point where your ears will explode and the fact that he thinks that he is superior and gloats about it was irritating and not threatening, in fact I found him to be a complete wuss. I hated Morpheus the first time he opened his mouth, because of there is one type of person that I despise the most it would be a racist, and just like Alfred I found Morpheus to be a complete Wuss. He's just like Alec Trevelyan from Goldeneye, boasting that he is superior, monologes to death which becomes annoying afterwards, and completely non-threatening.

I hate both of them to death because I found them to be annoying, unoriginal, unlikeable, and non-threatening.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Even though Ashely is occasionally annoying as hell I still think she's kinda cute :)
But I ultimately hate that toolbox Chris Redfield, I can't stand him, especially in RE5 when he just won't shut the hell up!
Also how he won't shut up about Jill ****es me off too.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I don't dislike anyone, I just like some characters (alot) more than others. Rebecca's face kind of annoys me a little bit - like, I don't like looking at her and Claire's attitude rubs me the wrong way, especially in ORC and I don't really appreciate Ashley trying to get with my man. But that's all really.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I dislike Femme's man {of course everyone knows that already}, his little girlfriend, Sheva, Rebecca's a bit on the creepy side if you ask me and, is it just me, or has Claire gotten seriously annoying since Code Veronica came out? I can't stand her character anymore. I'm not overly fond of Chris at this point either and Wesker from Code Veronica onwards just rubbed me the wrong way. Ashley was annoying as well, by the way, but, then again, so was Sherry back in the day.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
My least favorite character is either Alfred Ashford or Morpheus D. Duvall. I hate Alfred in Code Veronica, but I didn't hate him in Darkside Chronicles, and that's because he was annoying in Code Veronica, his voice and laugh sounds like nails on a chalkboard at the highest pitch to the point where your ears will explode and the fact that he thinks that he is superior and gloats about it was irritating and not threatening, in fact I found him to be a complete wuss. I hated Morpheus the first time he opened his mouth, because of there is one type of person that I despise the most it would be a racist, and just like Alfred I found Morpheus to be a complete Wuss. He's just like Alec Trevelyan from Goldeneye, boasting that he is superior, monologes to death which becomes annoying afterwards, and completely non-threatening.

I hate both of them to death because I found them to be annoying, unoriginal, unlikeable, and non-threatening.
What was wrong with Alfred!?!?!? Sure his laugh was more disturbing than Ashleys voice, But he had A VERY hard past!

MissDomino

Premium
Personally, there isn't anyone that completely grates on my nerves. Everyone in Resident Evil is too funny :D

Jessica kinda annoys me sometimes. It's the way she moves.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I like Ashley. But I strongly dislike two of our four main heroes: Jill and Leon.
Jill because she's a complete Mary Sue without any signs of personality, and Leon because he has too many personalities and gets too much limelight for no reason. Both are more or less our "standard" heroes and there's nothing more to say about them. What a pity, because they do have potential.

The only exceptions are Resident Evil 2 and 3. I actually liked Leon and Jill in those games, although in Jill's case, I can't really say why. Maybe she should just step out of Chris's shadow more often and develop her own story that doesn't revolve around him all the time.

I hate both of them [Alfred and Morpheus] to death because I found them to be annoying, unoriginal, unlikeable, and non-threatening.

I can see why you hate them, but unoriginal?? A man who assumes the identity of his twin sister because he misses her so much, and a man who transforms into a female tyrant aren't the kind of villain you see every day. In fact, that's just why Alfred is one of my favourite antagonists: He has a personality and a background story to explain it, unlike our much beloved Wesker who is mostly just a "comic book villain", as Chris puts it, without any depth. I agree on his annoying voice, but I thought it was fitting. Steve's voice annoyed me much more.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I can see why you hate them, but unoriginal?? A man who assumes the identity of his twin sister because he misses her so much, and a man who transforms into a female tyrant aren't the kind of villain you see every day. In fact, that's just why Alfred is one of my favourite antagonists: He has a personality and a background story to explain it, unlike our much beloved Wesker who is mostly just a "comic book villain", as Chris puts it, without any depth. I agree on his annoying voice, but I thought it was fitting. Steve's voice annoyed me much more.
By unoriginal, I mean the way they act and Morpheus's purpose to destroy the world.

Both gloated on how superior when really they were scared cowards, monologued, and even laughed for thinking that which is unholy amounts of unoriginal due it being done before by other villians to the point where it's not even original.

Morpheus's purpose wasen't unique because it was actually done before. He thinks he is the most perfect being and thinks the world should be ridded because it ain't perfect. That is exactly like Kuja from Final Fantasy IX who wanted to do the same thing, the only exception is that one is scary (Kuja) and the other is not (Morpheus).

As for Alfred's personality, while I do find one part original, the rest I think isn't seeing how it was done before in the movie Psycho with the character Norman Bates who does the exact same thing, the only difference is that Alfred loves his sister while Norman doesn't like his mother, however they both had D.I.D with the second persona being a female and both are insane over their loss, and I consider that unoriginal.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Thanks for explaining this "Psycho" thing, I wasn't aware of that. What you say makes sense, but if you look at it that way, nothing can ever be truly original anymore nowadays.

As an author of novels, I face that problem too once in a while. And I hate it. Every time I come up with something I think is new, there's at least one beta reader to name earlier novels, movies and other works of fiction which already had it before me. (And more often than not, I've never read, seen or even heard of any of those works, which however doesn't change the fact that it might eventually look like I'm copying them.) Actually, the whole idea behind the "original" Resident Evil (fighting humanoid creatures that have been turned into zombies due to a leaked virus) is totally unoriginal, and it already was back then in 1996.

It's nearly impossible to create something completely new and original these days because everything has been there before in one way or another. I'd say that an old idea, if implemented properly, can still be original when it's the first time one specific franchise (or novel series or whatever) uses that idea. So to me, Alfred is a very original character in the RE franchise (... which doesn't mean that I don't respect your opinion, though).

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
dont like sheva one bit and no i am not racist she is just boring and uninspired character in my opinion she could of been done a whole lot better or not done at all.

Top Bottom