• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most Disliked Character

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
PATNA PATNA PATNA PATNA... DON'T YOU TRUST YOUR PATNA? WERE PATNA'S... TILL THE END. *dies* WAAHAAAYEE < Her death sound. WTF. Is it normal I like Ashley more? I mean she had a REASON to be unreliable and stupid... Sheva is a f*cking BSAA agent! She's supposed to kickass!
Taylor, you hit the nail on the head"..as usual.."

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
PATNA PATNA PATNA PATNA... DON'T YOU TRUST YOUR PATNA? WERE PATNA'S... TILL THE END. *dies* WAAHAAAYEE < Her death sound. WTF. Is it normal I like Ashley more? I mean she had a REASON to be unreliable and stupid... Sheva is a f*cking BSAA agent! She's supposed to kickass!
Speaking of Agents

R.I.P

Special BSAA agent that saved our ass till the very end

Aleck

Biohazard
The two guys from Resident Evil Revelations, Quint and Keith. Also, Jessica in the same game. Their scenarios were alright, but they got on my nerves more often than not.

I didn't mind the Alfred Ashford villain. He was entertaining and made me laugh my ass off.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Ugh, I hate Quint and Keith too... and Parker! I'll never understand why they brought him back after his "death" in the flames. Such a useless character, and we'll never see him again anyway.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Thanks for explaining this "Psycho" thing, I wasn't aware of that. What you say makes sense, but if you look at it that way, nothing can ever be truly original anymore nowadays.

As an author of novels, I face that problem too once in a while. And I hate it. Every time I come up with something I think is new, there's at least one beta reader to name earlier novels, movies and other works of fiction which already had it before me. (And more often than not, I've never read, seen or even heard of any of those works, which however doesn't change the fact that it might eventually look like I'm copying them.) Actually, the whole idea behind the "original" Resident Evil (fighting humanoid creatures that have been turned into zombies due to a leaked virus) is totally unoriginal, and it already was back then in 1996.

It's nearly impossible to create something completely new and original these days because everything has been there before in one way or another. I'd say that an old idea, if implemented properly, can still be original when it's the first time one specific franchise (or novel series or whatever) uses that idea. So to me, Alfred is a very original character in the RE franchise (... which doesn't mean that I don't respect your opinion, though).
True in the last paragraph. If something or someone does something like that has been done before but is either done better or has some traits that make them stand out, then it would be okay. Now that I think about, I think was a little bit to harsh towards Alfred since he got D.I.D differently than Norman and for another reason and he did do some stuff that Norman doesn't do in Psycho. I do have a little bit more respect for his character now and I don't hate him anymore.

I wouldn't exactly say the first Resident Evil was unoriginal since you had zombies, zombie animals, reptilian like creatures, the tyrant, outbreak caused by a pharmaceutical company, has a villian, all together in a complexed mansion is actually pretty original (Unless there is a movie or another game that I don't know about).

By the way, have you written any novels yet? Just wandering.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
By the way, have you written any novels yet? Just wandering.

I've written a lot, but never published anything because I'm never satisfied with my work. And when I think of how other, really good works of fiction were torn apart by the media... No, I'm not ready for that. Then there's the above-mentioned problem with "copying". I recently discovered some uncanny similarities between my current novel series and the Twilight saga, which is strange because I didn't even know Twilight by the time I started my series. But in the end, it will look like I'm copying it, which will be just another point of criticism, so I'd rather keep my stories to myself than throw them to the wolves out there.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I've written a lot, but never published anything because I'm never satisfied with my work. And when I think of how other, really good works of fiction were torn apart by the media... No, I'm not ready for that. Then there's the above-mentioned problem with "copying". I recently discovered some uncanny similarities between my current novel series and the Twilight saga, which is strange because I didn't even know Twilight by the time I started my series. But in the end, it will look like I'm copying it, which will be just another point of criticism, so I'd rather keep my stories to myself than throw them to the wolves out there.
I was going to say if you did have some novels published then I was going to read them.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Just don't end up like Emily Dickinson, kid. :p I'm in the same boat though, really. I don't write fiction, but I don't like sharing my work. College keeps me from having much personal work, anyway.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Just don't end up like Emily Dickinson, kid. :p

Kid?? Careful there, I'm most certainly much older than you! :p

I was going to say if you did have some novels published then I was going to read them.

Well, something else I've written will probably be published on the internet soon, but I'll send you a PM because I see we're straying too far from the topic of this thread.

Speaking of the original topic, I honestly don't understand why everyone hates Ashley. I never finished RE4 because I think it sucks (not because of her, though), but two friends and I have played huge portions of the game with her and Leon together and we all came to the conclusion that she isn't nearly as annoying as everybody says. I mean....

YES, she does get kidnapped once in a while, but the game is about protecting her, and if we did a better job at that, it wouldn’t happen as often.

YES, she refuses to climb down ladders on her own because she prefers jumping into Leon's arms, but I can't blame her because I would do the same in her place if Leon was Chris.

YES, she still calls Leon a pervert even when his disembodied head accidentally rolls under her skirt, but she's not the only one with black humour.

YES, she has a tendency to throw herself right into every bear trap she sees, but... well, I admit I can’t find an appropriate excuse here.

More often than not, I found her AI quite helpful. She sometimes alerted me to certain things, for example by pointing at a big rock I could shoot down to hurt one of those huge enemies, which I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. When she didn't help, she always followed me silently and stayed close, so I didn't have to run around looking for her (unlike Sherry who sits down and cries when Claire runs too fast for her), she didn't babble as much as Helena, and quickly got out of the way or ducked down whenever I pulled my gun so I couldn't shoot her by mistake. What else can we expect from an AI NPC that we're supposed to protect?

willowsby

@Hel : don't let media or criticism stopping your script from getting known because similarities, case like similarities often happened in literature world, take example for Fifty Shades of Grey which started from Twilight fan fiction & now that book it is said one of the best seller book around the world & there will be a movie base on that book, at least try editor to read it first. I don't know in your place, but in my place, usually when a script is rejected, editor will tell the reason why the script is rejected.

Back to topic :

I've seen many people dislike Ashley more because she is non combatant type rather than just because she is annoying spoiled kid & always yelling, "Leon, Leon help me".

I don't have any hate RE characters, but maybe there some I like a lot more & some just well average. Well Sheva just average for me.

Reactions: Hel

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
New Dislike

While i'm still ****ed how Helena NEVER told you squat

Carla (While a amazing mercenary) is a total bitch

Especially when your Ada.....nuff said

But Chris takes the cake here (His character is awesome but in Re6...) screw him up put him in a body bag and give him to the Ustanak...with wesker....in that cheap knock off of Wesker's death after jake falcon punches the Ustanak

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I don't really hate any character. I hate aspects about certain ones though. Like Ashley. She's 20 years old and the president's daughter, but doesn't know how to use a handgun? Leon was packing at least two handguns, a shotgun, a rifle and a tmp at this point, one would think that he'd offer a gun to her. The only thing I hate about Jill is her tendency to dress like a prostitute.

Even though Ashely is occasionally annoying as hell I still think she's kinda cute :)
But I ultimately hate that toolbox Chris Redfield, I can't stand him, especially in RE5 when he just won't shut the hell up!
Also how he won't shut up about Jill ****es me off too.

That video was pretty clever. Love the random "Zoey!" I agree that Chris can get annoying. Just one of his character flaws.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
She's 20 years old and the president's daughter, but doesn't know how to use a handgun?

You just answered your own question before you asked it. ;) I don't know what normal "First Daughters" are like in America, but Ashley is most certainly daddy's girl. There's nothing she can't get from him just by snapping her fingers, and I'm sure there's a bunch of bodyguards around her whenever she's not just being kidnapped by Spanish sect members, so why would she know how to defend herself?

Now that I think of it, there's yet another character I can't stand: Nicholai. Bah. Although I like him a bit more in RE3 than in Operation Raccoon City. (But hell, I even like Jill in RE3, maybe it's just the game...)

And my mother hates Wesker although she doesn't even play the game. :D So funny!

rollerfan222

Steve, i don't feel like i have to explain why.

But despite disliking him is so many ways, the "romance" between him and Claire built up to a point where i did feel sad for him when he transformed and died.

I also hate Alexia's laugh, cringe-worthy.

Ashley i found extremely irritating but she's kinda cute, specially when she gets rejected by Leon at the end of RE4. :)

Darkness

Infected
I hated the dude with the chainsaw in 4. It's the only one I played and that guy was mean. :(

Also, Ashley. Ashley. :mad:
Dr. Salvador! WTF he is my favorite character from the entire series! You may not like how he kills you, but you just have to appreciate how he mastered the perfect blend of action and horror. A potato sack on his head and the sound of a revving chainsaw. There's just something so simplistically genius about him.

As for my choices, I didn't like Simmons or some of the other antagonists, but that doesn't really count because the player isn't supposed to like them. As for a character I don't like that isn't specifically created for that purpose, Finn. That little ****er pushed me off the corner of a wall I was taking cover behind, exposing me to gunfire and getting me shot. I never forgave him for that. He was a total dick. He's an ass and he deserved to die; I'm glad he did.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I hate Chris. Does he really have to make an appearance in every RE game, just look at the Chris evolution I am really f***ing tired of him. (No offense to his fans) But he's kinda annoying.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Lol I also HATE sheva...

XORgate

Salazar. If I was Leon I would have punted that little bastard off the roof of his own castle.

James Marcus was also pretty lame, and I'm not a fan of Jessica either.

Top Bottom