• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Popo

This is for us to discuss about the teams we will support, who are the favourites etc...

PORTUGAL ALL THE WAY XD

btw our group is the hardest, we have Brazil and Ivory Coast

and no i dont like ronaldo

Mr Sunshine

Oh, I wanted to create a thread like that since there are people from many countries here but you beat me to it!

I hope Greece won't be humiliated this time.. :ermm:

Popo

well

Euro 2004 finals was enough of an humiliation to me (i was watching the game at the stadium!)

at least you won something, dont complain xD

i too hope we can at least pass the group phase xD

Mr Sunshine

Slash;75113 said:
Euro 2004 finals was enough of an humiliation to me (i was watching the game at the stadium!)

Haha! There are a lot of Brunos here and all of them are from Portugal! That's why I don't show off too much about Euro 2004! :p

Anyway I was referring to the last world cup we participated on 1994 i think. I was too young to watch back then but I think that we lost count of the goals...

Also to Euro 2008. We were critisized for ultra defensive football. But I guess we kept the score at low levels this way.. :p

ShevaAlomarfan said:
hmm i wonder how far holland will come
as seen last time they kicked out soon against russia

From what I remember Holland was playing the best football. It was a surprise that you lost to Russia.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
ShevaAlomarfan;75090 said:
hmm i wonder how far holland will come
as seen last time they kicked out soon against russia

I also wonder how far Holland will go =)! They defenitely really deserved that cup, seriously... And to be honestly, when I saw them slashing the other teams off, I was like: ''What if they going to play agains Turkey...? Turkey is doomed then D:!'' Lolwhut x3 But we'll see what'll happen =) I don't know myself if Turkey'll join the World Cup 2010, but I'm quite sure they will =) And if they will, I so going to support them >:3 TURKYE 4EVAH *o*!!!

bruno

Chief Researcher
Fallen91;75126 said:
Haha! There are a lot of Brunos here and all of them are from Portugal! That's why I don't show off too much about Euro 2004!
You'd better not, because it could not end well for you :dry:.

Anyway, i think Portugal has a great team, but i don't like the coach. He could have made a much better team and he has horrible tactics... I hope I'm wrong, but i don't think Portugal will go far with him.

Mr Sunshine

bruno;75133 said:
You'd better not, because it could not end well for you :dry:.

That was my point! Haha :p

We have to face Argentina... I think they have one of the strongest(if not the strongest) attacks in the whole tournament. Aguero, Milito, Tevez e.t.c I don't think Maradona has enough places for all of them! xD

Hmmm.. I wonder who will stop Messi..? :confused:

Popo

JaguarsSoul;75129 said:
I also wonder how far Holland will go =)! They defenitely really deserved that cup, seriously... And to be honestly, when I saw them slashing the other teams off, I was like: ''What if they going to play agains Turkey...? Turkey is doomed then D:!'' Lolwhut x3 But we'll see what'll happen =) I don't know myself if Turkey'll join the World Cup 2010, but I'm quite sure they will =) And if they will, I so going to support them >:3 TURKYE 4EVAH *o*!!!

Turkey played extremely well too in Euro 2008!

I saw a game of Turkey in which they were losing 2-0 at 75 min of play and they turned it around in that small amount of time! 2-3!

portugal did well at the group phase but they disapointed me against germany \:

Hoady

I'm always late with these kind of things, usually miss the big events(because im unaware of them) so i'm sure i will be keeping update this year.From my recorded knowledge Australia has a terrible Soccer team its not highly supported here so i'm not pinning my hopes on the grand prize but i'll be putting my cheers behind them as well as Spain.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Slash;75178 said:
Turkey played extremely well too in Euro 2008!

I saw a game of Turkey in which they were losing 2-0 at 75 min of play and they turned it around in that small amount of time! 2-3!

portugal did well at the group phase but they disapointed me against germany \:

Yeah I know <3 And I guess, because of that, we've hoped too much, so that's probally the reason why Turkey lost agains Germany :I They first were scared as hell to play against Turkey, but then... Ach, we still reached the 3th place x3 Too bad Turkey won't play in FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa :(

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
Spain and England have fantastic teams. Brazil has always had a good team and Holland too seems to have gathered some nice players - Sneijder, van der Vaart, van Persie, Robben.

I'm cheering for Spain though. Great team. They won the Euro 2008 and the team has gotten better. :D

Popo

what about portugaaal

Pepe
Bosingwa
Deco
Cr Ronaldo
Nani
Ricardo Carvalho

and the players you probably dont know but are very good too

Fábio Coentrão
Raúl Meireles
Bruno Alves
Miguel Veloso
Tiago
Duda
Eduardo
Zé Castro
Liédson...

GO PORTUGAAAL XDDDD

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
Ha ha, soccer is my most favorite sport, I know them all... :lol:

But I doubt Portugal will repeat the success of 2006, especially having Carlos Queiroz as the coach which isn't a good coach at all, knowing his history with Portugal in the 1994 World Cup qualifiers in which he failed to qualify It.

He barely pulled off the qualification for this year's World Cup as well.

Popo

well he did win a sub-21 world cup

but he's no good since then

i miss scolari...

btw, in wordl cup 2006, that penalty against france was FAAKE
and so was the penalty agains italy in the finals of the world cup
we deserved to be on those finals, not france the headbutters xDDDDDDD

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
France did greatly well for the team It had, I was amazed they went to the finals, but then again, Italy winning It was a joke... :lol:

Mr Sunshine

Slash;76330 said:
i miss scolari...

What a coincidence? I miss him too! :p

Anyway the only things that I remember from the last World Cup were the amazing football of Holland and the headbutt! xD

Oh, I hate Materazzi!

Top Bottom