• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Capcom is losing the plot

Iced Digger

Just because it's changed a bit dosent mean it's horrible. I still play all the RE and I play the 5th one the most, still loving it. It's awesome that they put co-op in the 5th.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
DeSilva;66712 said:
Whatever they do, I do not want to see Wesker again. Maybe in a memory or flashback if Capcom doesn't hire people who know how to write a story. But other then that, leave him dead. Honestly, I also don't want to see Leon or Ada either. Next time around, if it is more of a sequel I would love to see a new Protagonist, reoccouring characters or not, I don't care.

I think Capcom lost the plot. Comming out of the dark and into the light has yet to work for any game. Silent HIll tried the same thing with SH4:TR, and people absolutely hated it.
It is an action game.
My friend that I used to play Co-Op with stopped playing it stating "If I wanted to play a shooter, I'd play Call of Duty."
Just saying.

Agreed, Wesker shouldn't return ever in another game, unless it is a prequel or a flashback, but bringing him back would not work.

The game being in the "light" doesn't affect the plot. RE4 and RE5 weren't the first ones to take place during the day either. RE3 started off in the day, in fact I believe that is exactly what Jill says at the beginning, "September 28th, Daylight. The monsters have overtaken the city, but somehow I am still alive".

CVX also seems like it was during the day, at least the part in the Antartic. Not to mention the final Tyrant fight in the very first game was light outside.

Furthermore, RE4 & RE5 still took place in the dark...I don't think the time of day is a valid complaint about the game, considering all of what I have just mentioned.

Jerald

Spike991;66621 said:
which ironically coincides with the departure of Shinji Mikami.

If he doesn't leave, we don't have this thread. Makes me wonder how RE5 should have been...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Jerald;68849 said:
If he doesn't leave, we don't have this thread. Makes me wonder how RE5 should have been...

You don't have to wonder too much, as RE5's early trailers all showed a much scarier looking game. Back before Sheva was added in, and when the enemies seemed much more aggressive.

The first teaser ever released, the Extended 2007 trailer was also really good.

I liked alot of stuff in RE5, like the plot with Chris, Jill & Wesker, as well as the mystery with the cloaked Jill. Irving & Excella were great characters too.

Sheva can be okay sometimes, and I wonder about the blonde with the red dress...certainly she wasn't meant to just scream for help, then be turned into one of them...

We Are Ninja

Spike991;66621 said:
...Furthermore, the trenchcoat looks stupid, for his character, his entire outfit just seems, over the top and lame, although I will admit without the coat it looked okay. However, the coat went all the way down to his feet, with a slit all the way up to the lower back, so in action, the two flaps fly around in the wind, which just looks really stupid...

I thought Wesker was totally channeling Neo (from the Matrix) and Chow Yun Fat (from nearly any John Woo film). Slightly out of place in the RE universe, but still quite cool.

As far as losing the plot, RE4/RE5's shenanigans suit the franchise's overall plot much better than skulking around old mansions. Biohazards, bioweapons, bioterrorism... Concepts that big shouldn't be limited to indoor hallways and corridors, and they sure shouldn't be limited to perpetual darkness. They're infected, not vampires.

Zombies were formidable 15 years ago. Now, you could clear a room of them with a baseball bat, a sports magazine and a gallon of orange juice. Evolution happens. Ganado/Majini FTW.

weskersbarber

We Are Ninja;69610 said:
I thought Wesker was totally channeling Neo (from the Matrix) and Chow Yun Fat (from nearly any John Woo film). Slightly out of place in the RE universe, but still quite cool.

As far as losing the plot, RE4/RE5's shenanigans suit the franchise's overall plot much better than skulking around old mansions. Biohazards, bioweapons, bioterrorism... Concepts that big shouldn't be limited to indoor hallways and corridors, and they sure shouldn't be limited to perpetual darkness. They're infected, not vampires.

Zombies were formidable 15 years ago. Now, you could clear a room of them with a baseball bat, a sports magazine and a gallon of orange juice. Evolution happens. Ganado/Majini FTW.

you could do that with zombies but not crimson heads.ganado/majini have nothing on a crimson

We Are Ninja

I hear a lot about these Crimson Heads. I'm going to have to track down a copy of whatever game they appear in and pwn a few.

Zombie Enclave

Did Resident Evil ever have a plot that focused on one aspect anyway? Think about it. All these different viruses and parasites. All these different creatures and enemies. The plot basically changes in each game in some way. As long as it stays in a horror style with some things from earlier on, none of the games can move away from the plot.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I think the Hunters were good. Its all the same really, virrus has changed though. insted of monsters its more humans changing into monsters lol depends who your following chris jill leon ada.. etc but at the end of the day its about the charaters you like, you wonna see em' get out alive! :p

I do miss the survivle horror theme though. that is what really made resident evil awesome.

Zombie Enclave

echoey;69672 said:
I think the Hunters were good. Its all the same really, virrus has changed though. insted of monsters its more humans changing into monsters lol depends who your following chris jill leon ada.. etc but at the end of the day its about the charaters you like, you wonna see em' get out alive! :p

That last line you said made me think of Halloween 5. Because I hated every single damn character in that movie and I was glad they died. Especially the blonde guy. His laugh still haunts me to this day...

Back on topic.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Oh right yeah haha, Sod those teen horror movies They all die, they all get killed, always.
But your right. back on topic lolz

If RE6 does get made, considering the title of this thread, what would make it better then RE5?
I think as long as they keep strong Horror and Gore, Magnums, and proper Zombies I think Ill be happy :d

Im not complaining about the new majini but I do miss zombies.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
If they try and do something like RE4 again, the new control style and such. I mean RE4 is a pretty damn good game, If they manage to pull it off again..

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
As long as they dont turn it into a rail shooter it could work haha.
Iv not got anything agasint rail shooters TimeCrisis Is cool.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
echoey;69685 said:
If they try and do something like RE4 again, the new control style and such. I mean RE4 is a pretty damn good game, If they manage to pull it off again..

I think you might be a bit confused about RE4's controls.

They were just like every main series game before it, the camera was the difference. RE4 did introduce the quick knife and the manual reload, but otherwise they were like RE3 or Code Veronica.

Anyway, as much as the ganados and majini were find, the zombies are definately missed. The Progenitor zombies from LIN were not what I was hoping for, some Crimson Heads would be nice.

Top Bottom