• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Capcom is losing the plot

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I love how they took it with RE4, but RE5 was pretty unoriginal and that was a shame. As Zero Punctuation (Yahtzee) said, it was pretty much like RE4.

Sun

Re is losing story,what else can happen in that world,nothing.
Recently many games and films are losing their original style.

SUN IS WITH ME.

SamuraiEdge

I don't know if Re is losing the plot, I think after playing LIN the story has picked up again. We have a new Wesker in Alex and the whole deal with Spencer inviting Albert to his home it's like Spencer wanted to die, maybe he had planned his death so he can come back to life like James Marcus.

Also we have Tricell, Chris and Jill reunited with the B.S.A.A., I think the Leon, Ada, Claire and Sherry story was never finished. I want to see Re6 starring Leon with Ada, Sherry, Claire, Alex Wesker and Spencer. They could even have Leon join the B.S.A.A. and partner him with Chris or Jill. Or why not for the first time ever in an Re game have multiple character's. I would love to see an Re game with more than two main character's.

SamuraiEdge

Weskers Shades;66282 said:
after playing LIN it has picked up and i hope it stays that way for 6.

Glad to see I'm not on my own. It's funny how Resident Evil 5 an action game killed the franchise then after LIN a Horror surivial game it seems to have reboosted the series. Capcom should be taking notes from the fans. I dont think anyone would care what happens with Re6 as long as it revisits the horror elements.

~Excella~

Premium
SamuraiEdge;66291 said:
Glad to see I'm not on my own. It's funny how Resident Evil 5 an action game killed the franchise then after LIN a Horror surivial game it seems to have reboosted the series. Capcom should be taking notes from the fans. I dont think anyone would care what happens with Re6 as long as it revisits the horror elements.

RE5 didn't kill the series.....

Sun

JadeSpeyer: True.
Too many char would make CONFUSION TO NEW MEMBERS!
I would like one thing,total chaos,world destroyed and are leon,ada,Sherry, Claire, and all other in struggle to survive.
Look what they are doing to WoW,raping it...with fluff.

leon83

The franchise aint dead at all , if anything people already cant wait for 6 and me included.

SamuraiEdge

leon83;66355 said:
The franchise aint dead at all , if anything people already cant wait for 6 and me included.

Are you excited because of LIN though? I'm not saying Res5 was a bad game I love it, Infact I've clocked up over 200 hours on it. But after completing it for the first time and then Capcom saying the are considering rebooting the series didnt you feel like that was it? I guess what I'm trying to say is Res5 didnt make me feel that the current storyline was going to continue....Until I played LIN.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
wolfgirl;66260 said:
I love how they took it with RE4, but RE5 was pretty unoriginal and that was a shame. As Zero Punctuation (Yahtzee) said, it was pretty much like RE4.

RE4 wasn't that bad, and RE5's plot was exactly where it should be.

RE4-You are in an unfamiliar place looking for a lost person, in RE4's case that is Europe looking for Ashley, expanding on Leon's character. Kind of like being in Raccoon Forest(unfamiliar place) looking for the lost Bravo team(Ashley).

While I hated the way Capcom screwed up Wesker in the most recent games, overall, the whole plot with Chris & Jill in RE5, as well as the whole terrorism thing with Irving, that was all really great.

~Excella~

Premium
I don't mind the way Wesker is now but I liked him better the way he was in the original game, before he injected himself and became superhuman.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
JadeSpeyer;66385 said:
I don't mind the way Wesker is now but I liked him better the way he was in the original game, before he injected himself and became superhuman.

I would have preferred him not being superhuman, but he was done so well in CVX and RE4 that I didn't mind, but when they changed his voice and personality, that is when it started to bug me.

~Excella~

Premium
^^ I have to agree with that, I really like his voice in RE5. His matrix persona is pretty cool, too.

I like his original self better because he seemed a lot more sneaky. He was the mysterious guy in black whom you could tell by looking at him that you couldn't decide whether you could trust him or not because he was on your team yet he seemed to have his own agenda....which he eventually did but, pretending we didn't know this whole RE story would happen the way it did, he'd be the guy on the team you just weren't sure about. Awesome.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
If the guy voicing him in RE5(and UC for that matter) didn't sound so fake and rehearsed, then I might be able to say something positive about him, but it was really horrid.

Had RE5 been your first game, DC Douglas' impression for Wesker may have been acceptable, or even cool, but if you have been playing since before, the difference is very noticable. As Richard WAugh pretty much made the voice, what with CVX, RE0 & RE4 under his belt, in addition to the Wesker's Report.

Douglas however has a weaker voice, and it shows. He kind of sounds like Peter Jessop from the REmake, but he is definately trying to sound like Waugh, that is where he fails, I would prefer if he did his own thing all together, instead of butchering the voice.

Furthermore, the trenchcoat looks stupid, for his character, his entire outfit just seems, over the top and lame, although I will admit without the coat it looked okay. However, the coat went all the way down to his feet, with a slit all the way up to the lower back, so in action, the two flaps fly around in the wind, which just looks really stupid.

I have lost so much respect for his character recently, as his personality and voice and everything are just not him at all. Wesker isn't an athletic guy, nor is he a gymnast, so seeing him flying around doing backflips, barrel rolls, etc, in mid air(which really wasn't helping him dodge bullets at all, if anything it would probably allow him to get hit), just seemed really illogical and stupid.

I can deal with a crappy voice, if it were for the character being like he should, and I could deal with the change in character, had he sounded like he should...Capcom is just pulling out all the stops there...which ironically coincides with the departure of Shinji Mikami.

Iced Digger

Well, I suppose trying to change someones opinion is dumb... so I'm not going to try. I just think the new wesker is sweet.

LordGolbez

I Love RE5. Don't Get Me Wrong Because I Love All Of The Originals But A Game Has To Evolve And I Think RE5 Did. No It's Not Straight Horror Anymore But With The First Games You Did Not Know What You Were Up Against But Now You Do Know What You Are Fighting To An Extent. I Think That The Story Progressed Well I Mean Umbrella Collapsed And It Shows What Happens When Bio-Weapons Get Into The Hands Of Terrorists Everyone Knew That Was Coming It's Not Like A Major Corporation Can Make A Bunch Of Zombies And Not Expect Retribution. Umbrella Could Not Last Forever After That.

DeSilva

Whatever they do, I do not want to see Wesker again. Maybe in a memory or flashback if Capcom doesn't hire people who know how to write a story. But other then that, leave him dead. Honestly, I also don't want to see Leon or Ada either. Next time around, if it is more of a sequel I would love to see a new Protagonist, reoccouring characters or not, I don't care.

I think Capcom lost the plot. Comming out of the dark and into the light has yet to work for any game. Silent HIll tried the same thing with SH4:TR, and people absolutely hated it.
It is an action game.
My friend that I used to play Co-Op with stopped playing it stating "If I wanted to play a shooter, I'd play Call of Duty."
Just saying.

Top Bottom