• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Youtube

Mr Sunshine

Everybody knows that is illegal to download songs without payment. However what are the laws concerning Youtube? There are some things I don't understand..

If you have a relatively fast connection you don't even have to download songs. You can easily watch the video of that song on youtube anytime you want! I remember once that I was on a bar of a friend of mine. She had connected the loudspeakers to her laptop and the whole bar was listening songs from youtube! What's going on here? :confused:

Also, Is there a program that is called "Youtube Downloader"? Does it exist? I mean if it does there is just no point in buying songs.. You can easily download videos and add them to your iPhone. :confused:

Soul Of Faith

The Legendary Soul
yeah there is i have it and it works here for my
i was able to get some nice movie.s from youtube

(ask youreself how did i get the RE-Afterlife Gif in my Sig ;))

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Lolwhut you're about the only one who feels kinda wrong by downloading songs XD! There's DVDVideoSoft Free Studio. You can download video's + songs from there =) Also, don't forget Limewire (which is kinda a crappy software). Btw, for me, it doesn't matter really x3 I even didn't know that it was illegal to download songs without payment 0_x! However, for me it doesn't matter, because I've downloaded more illegal things x3 RE4 first, then Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9.0 Platinum Version (which actually costs 60 euro!), Magic DVD Ripper (which costs around the 39 euro). I've also downloaded Photoshop CS3 :3

So, there won't come police right after you just downloaded something ;)

Mr Sunshine

There needs to be proper education about the internet in my opinion. I learnt that it is illegal to download songs only four years ago! I was shocked that day because i had already dowloaded tonnes of songs. Like I said though it is a matter of education and you'll get used to it if you really want to.

Anyway that was not my point. Limewire and DVDVideoSoft Free Studio are totally legal as long as you transfer or use things that you have the right to do so. What I don't understand though is why there hasn't been any talk about youtube since it offers us the possibility to hear songs and even download them any time we want. Have they made any special agreement? Have they noticed that it doesn't have any effect on the sales of the songs? I just don't get it.. :confused:

Popo

i download songs, but i buy a cd because i really like the band
for example, I have an appetite for destruction original vynil record
and cd but i downloaded the songs first

i make it like a tryout, if i think its worth it, ill buy the cd

and i use youtube often to listen to music, i think it isnt illegal because most times the songs are posted by their record companies'

Mr Sunshine

I don't know much about youtube downloader. I've never used it. Are you allowed to download all videos of youtube?

Slash said:
and i use youtube often to listen to music, i think it isnt illegal because most times the songs are posted by their record companies'

I didn't say it's illegal. It would be a scandal if a site like youtube was illegal. I just try to figure out why it is legal! I listen to songs from youtube everyday; I can open if I want to 50 tabs of youtube playing songs; I can hear the songs as many times as I want and whenever I want; But I haven't bought any of these songs! :confused:

Kagara

Fallen91;75265 said:
I don't know much about youtube downloader. I've never used it. Are you allowed to download all videos of youtube?
There's not really much to worry about legally, if that's whats concerning you. You wont get in trouble for downloading a normal video on youtube - I say normal meaning a song, gamescene or something.

As for how to use Youtube downloader, it's actually very easy:

1st - Download the latest version of it, then open the program.

2nd - Find the video/song you want to download, and put it's URL address in the first box:
2rxywye.jpg

3rd - Once you've downloaded the file you can then convert it to the format you want. If it's a song, click on the box uder "Convert to" and select "MPEG Audio Layer 3 (MP3)":
2pq8kle.jpg

After that just wait for the file to convert then that's you.

Mr Sunshine

I've done a small research in wikipedia about youtube and I found some interesting things..

Whenever you upload a video, youtube shows you the following message:

Do not upload any TV shows, music videos, music concerts or commercials without permission unless they consist entirely of content you created yourself. The Copyright Tips page and the Community Guidelines can help you determine whether your video infringes someone else's copyright.

This practically means that you aren't allowed to upload videos like walkthroughs or guides for a game, your personal covers of a well-known song or just a song with its lyrics unless you are the one who has created this game/song! The phrase "All credits go to (name)" that most people use isn't enough! Permission from the creator is required.

Youtube can't view its videos before they're uploaded and that's why so many illegal videos exists. Many companies have sued youtube for violation of copyright laws.

However I still can't find an answer to my first question, which is why music bands post their own songs on youtube for free. Aren't they supposed to be selling their songs instead and make profit from them?

Hoady

Maybe it works really well as advertisement?They usually only post one major single or songs with a video clip they don't show the rest of the album,i'm sure if its a popular album they don't allow uploads from other songs in the same album.I've tried to upload things before but because of its name or something i couldn't even pass the upload process.Just a little scene of a movie i really wanted to put in but wouldn't work.

And yes there are many programs to convert youtube videos into practically any format.I've never seen information anywhere of this being illegal as opposed to programs like Limewire but i've never seen anyone use this kind of software either(youtube downloaded as you mentioned).I bet they can somehow track you down if you download one of the major popular songs sent up by the actual band, but thing is people usually post more of 1 video so you could just go to that(completely theoretical).

Maybe it will become more regulated in the future.My internet sucks ass, if i go on youtube my bandwidth will get chewed up fairly quick so i can't just watch videos all day...thing is i don't even have to watch them,if i just download them it will probably use the same amount of memory as streaming and i can watch it forever.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Well the thing with youtube is that you can only upload things you own. Or you at least have to say that you don't own it and give credit to the real owner. Movies and songs get taken down constantly because of copyright issues. Anyways heres some good sites for downloading youtube videos and songs. No programs required.

To download MP3's: www.video2mp3.net

To download MP4's, FLV's, and 3GP's: www.keepvid.com

Top Bottom