• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Personal RE Game Rankings

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
And I have played almost all of the RE games aside from Gaiden, Mercenaries 3D, and ORC - but clearly have different opinions than some of the others in here. I am still flabbergasted that people genuinely dislike RE4 (which some companies named the GAME OF THE YEAR in 2004!). lol

But I know your ranking Murrdogg - I KNOW THEM.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
And I have played almost all of the RE games aside from Gaiden, Mercenaries 3D, and ORC - but clearly have different opinions than some of the others in here. I am still flabbergasted that people genuinely dislike RE4 (which some companies named the GAME OF THE YEAR in 2004!). lol

But I know your ranking Murrdogg - I KNOW THEM.

Mercs 3D is one if the more enjoyable ones imo even if it's not a main game. HUNK pwns.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Mercs 3D is one if the more enjoyable ones imo even if it's not a main game. HUNK pwns.

Mercs 3D is great. Wish they did more with it. I never understood the exclusion of Leon though considering it has locations, enemies, and characters from RE4. Maybe they didn't want to take away from the hype of RE6 with having both Chris and Leon in the same game, but then it was totally wasted anyway since they never actually teamed up.

Though, ever since I played it, I've always wanted something more just knowing how well the Resident Evil gameplay translated onto the 3DS. I know we got Revelations, but I've always been curious about the possibility of RE4 on 3DS. The game is already a port whore, and it would have certainly been one of the more unique ports. Maybe a little downgraded, but impressive enough for the 3DS to be worth it.

It's a shame Capcom never supported the 3DS with anything Resident Evil past those 2 games. At the very least, it would have been interesting to see something like Resident Evil 2 or Resident Evil 3(DS) ported over. They did it with the first one on the original DS and it is arguably the best version of that game that isn't REmake.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
If I ever decide to buy a cheap 3DS when they are literally like $50 - I will definitely play The Mercs. I love the Mercs in RE5 as well.

Also, I haven't played a proper Pokemon game since Emerald, so that could be fun too.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
My personal tier list

RE_Tier_List.png

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Now THAT is my kind of list. Very in line with my tastes. The only real surprise there is the Dead Aim being middle tier. But hey, Bruce McGivern deserves a little love too!

Turo602

The King of Kings
If I ever decide to buy a cheap 3DS when they are literally like $50 - I will definitely play The Mercs. I love the Mercs in RE5 as well.

Also, I haven't played a proper Pokemon game since Emerald, so that could be fun too.

I'd definitely recommend buying a 3DS at some point. It has a stellar library of games, so it shouldn't be hard to find games you'd enjoy, especially at cheap prices.

D

Deleted member 21244

This i my list

Resident evil code veronica
Resident evil 5
Resident evil the darkside chronicles
Resident evil 1 and remake
Resident evil 4
Resident evil 7
Resident evil the umbrella chronicles
Resident evil 2
Resident evil 0
Resident evil 3
Resident evil revelations
Resident evil 2 remake
Resident evil revelations 2
Resident evil outbreak 1 and 2
Resident evil 6
Resident evil operation raccon city
Umbrella corps

I don't know if someone is missing ill put it later

I put resident evil 5 in second place because I waited that game for so long, since I first played code veronica, I m a big fan of wesker and see him as a boss an main game villain was simply a dream for me, and I really liked the game even if it was a bit of a disappointment

Last edited by a moderator:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Here is my list, I may come back later when I have some free time to elaborate on my pickings.

1. Resident Evil Code Veronica
2. Resident Evil 3
3. Resident Evil 2
4. Resident Evil Remake
5. Resident Evil 4
6. Resident Evil 0
7. Resident Evil Outbreak File 2
8. Resident Evil Revelations 2
9. Resident Evil Revelations 1
10. Resident Evil 1
11. Resident Evil Dead Aim
12. Resident Evil 7
13. Resident Evil Survivor
14. Resident Evil 6
15. Resident Evil 2 Remake
16. Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles
17. Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
18. Resident Evil Gun Survivor 2 Code Veronica
19. Resident Evil 5
20. Resident Evil Operation Racoon City
21. Umbrella Corps

So pretty much as you can gauge from my list I'm more of a fan of survival horror/ classic RE games but do get enjoyment out of certain action oriented ones with RE4 definitely being the best out of the bunch.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Lots of love for Code Veronica. It makes sense. Some of the best locations in the series and some of the best enemies and bosses in the series as well.

I wonder if other people are lowering their opinions of RE2 REmake as well now that the game has kind of settled in to memory. I still would give it my GOTY. But I can see why people would be disappointed by it - especially if you were a fan or the original game.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I wonder if other people are lowering their opinions of RE2 REmake as well now that the game has kind of settled in to memory. I still would give it my GOTY. But I can see why people would be disappointed by it - especially if you were a fan or the original game.

Not sure about anybody else but the reason why its so low on my list is not because of the gameplay but more because the unnecessary changes it made to its lore, don't want to spoil it but I'm sure to those who played it they will be able to see that they made some key lore changes in respect to Chris and Ada and also at the end to Leon and Claire characters that flat out was not necessary IMO, I honestly wanted them to keep the lore COMPLETELY intact while simply adding new elements to it like they did with the RE1 remake and the Lisa Trevor thing but instead they decided to make these changes just for the heck of it (that is in my opinion of course).

D

Deleted member 21244

I put re 2 remake low on the list because of the cut they mad to the story a compared to the original and the missing b scenario... But the gameplay is one of the best in my opinion and that's were resident evil saga should kept going

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Stylish - Resident Evil 4, REmake, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2
Awesome - Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Resident Evil VII
Bravo - Resident Evil Revelations, CODE Veronica
Cool - Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil 3
Dull - Outbreak, Resident Evil 6, Operation Raccoon City

These are just the titles I've played through to the end at least once. Anything I've left unfinished isn't being rated. (Subject to change)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Stylish - Resident Evil 4, REmake, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2
Awesome - Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Resident Evil VII
Bravo - Resident Evil Revelations, CODE Veronica
Cool - Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil 3
Dull - Outbreak, Resident Evil 6, Operation Raccoon City

These are just the titles I've played through to the end at least once. Anything I've left unfinished isn't being rated. (Subject to change)

I have to say - I like that rating system you got going on. haha. This is very in line with my own rankings, so I like it all the more!

Ayen

Resident Critic
I haven't played all of them yet, so if you see something missing that's why.

Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Nemesis
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Resident Evil Outbreak
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil Outbreak Files 2
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5

I haven't played Gaiden, Remake 2, or 7 yet. Or Deadaim or any of the Wii RE games.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well Ayen - REmake 2 and 7 are absolute treasures. REmake 2 is great for the old school feeling with the modern controls and enemy AI that is appalingly good. RE7 is hit or miss with some people, but it is certainly perhaps the most panic inducing RE to date.

Dead Aim isn't a great game, but I think it is worth playing - some of the bosses are very unique.

If you have a friend, the Wii games are great recaps of the series with extra stories and lore. I always play them with my brother.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well Ayen - REmake 2 and 7 are absolute treasures. REmake 2 is great for the old school feeling with the modern controls and enemy AI that is appalingly good. RE7 is hit or miss with some people, but it is certainly perhaps the most panic inducing RE to date.

RE7 the most panic inducing RE game to date? Hardly. It's such an easy game, even when in combat. Resident Evil 2 REmake, while extremely flawed as a remake, is the far superior experience that feels more realized as a Resident Evil game.

Top Bottom