• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your expectations for the Afterlife Movie

Expectation in RE Afterlife

• I have a good expectation.

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • I have a bad expectation.

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters

wpstudart

Probably you all heard that Resident Evil Movies will have a new one, the afterlife one, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson. I want to know what are your expectations, if you're waiting that the movie will be awesome, since probably Wesker is gonna appear, or you think it's gonna suck.

I'm my opinion, I think it will be cool, because I liked the trilogy so far. But, let me see your expectation ;)

Popo

i like the movies but... shouldn't be called resident evil, it has nothing to do with the story and alice with superpowers, intelligent zombies its just fu**ing stupid, there was no chris so far, or leon, my two favourite characters...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I have very low expectations for this movie. Has a hardcore resident evil fan i expect it to be the worst of the lot, i can just imagine how they will ruin weskers image after his brief appearence in the last one.

codename: HUNK

Guns is right, the movies are a disgrace to the games. I heard both chris and leon are in this one. So what storyline is the movie following? First a totally random peice of crap with no familier characters, then the RE3 storyline(kind of), then another random peice of crap, and now 1 and 2 merged?

I read in an article that the producers were thinking of making Claire the main character, and follow her story, saving the survivors. idk, and i don't care. I've given up all hope on the movies. Truthfully, it wouldn't be a bad time to remake the first one to follow the true storyline.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Where did you read that chris and leon will be in it? I can't see how they would fit them in, just look at the shabby way the 3rd film ended.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I don't have any expectations for this movie. Of course I'll watch it, just because it'll have 'Resident Evil' slapped onto the title, but I've learned from my mistakes with the other three movies... if you go in with any expectation whatsoever, you're probably going to be disappointed.

wpstudart

I won't be disappointed because I liked the trilogy already, I think it's a move to continue liking :p

I've heard Leon will be on it, with Jessen Anckles (this is his name?), but to who didn't like the earlier films, don't have any expectation :p

aintnoscrub

Premium
You have to look at it from two different perspectives, one from a hard core resident evil fan in which case the movies are a terrible adaptation, i think we can all admit that, then secondly from a regular movie goer who has little or no idea about the games in which case they are alright because they have a nice mix of horror and action.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
wpstudart;50427 said:
I've heard Leon will be on it, with Jessen Anckles (this is his name?), but to who didn't like the earlier films, don't have any expectation :p
I thought Jensen had already publicly stated that he wasn't going to play Leon? He's been rumoured to do it for years now, and I believe he shot it down.

aintnoscrub

Premium
I really don't see how leon will fit into it now. Fair enough they stuck him in, in apocalypse, before the whole world had turned into a wasteland, but now...its stupid if you ask me lol

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
And then there's the fact that they kind of y'know... killed him off in Apocalypse. But, then again, it's not as if RE is known for its consistency. :p

aintnoscrub

Premium
Thats true, and i doubt they'll explain why the supposed death...

i'm already thinking how they plan to end this one, i read somewhere there setting out for a new triology, so it could be awhile yet.

Popo

here's how it should be: the RE Creator chooses the actors to enter the movie(restarting from the first one) just like they're doing with te metal gear movie(i hope so), the creator creates the story and supervises the director's work, for him not to make the mistake he made with the movies

but he would probably put ganados and majinis in it xdxdxddxdxdxdxd

BSAA-Agent_Wesker

I'm American. I like my country. What i don't like, is how they decide to change everything. In my opinion. Biohazard is an awesome title for a movie, Resident Evil, I don't know, just doesn't give me enough choice, could be because I have only picked up Resident Evil 4 and 5. And to point out, if there is anyone who thinks the Resident Evil Originals are not scary, I am actually afraid to touch it. But again. When America makes the movies, things get changed. I mean I like the trilogy, but I do think they could have done better.

wpstudart

La Femme Fatale;50431 said:
I thought Jensen had already publicly stated that he wasn't going to play Leon? He's been rumoured to do it for years now, and I believe he shot it down.

He did? I don't remember where I saw that he was going to do it, but I may be wrong, Sorry :p

But for the ones that didn't like the trilogy, it's very improbably that they will like the new one :lol:

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
It's probably gonna get too ridiculous now... I hope they can stay on the side of interesting rather than bordering on the downright dumb. The Alice clones made me wonder this especially.

I also hope that more of the games are brought into the films. I know RE has to appeal to a wider audience and all, but I want more references and aspects brought in! It doesn't feel like proper Resi for me.

But keep up the action, love the action!

Resident James

I don't really have a high expectation, because the movies, as much as they are abominations compared to the games they are supposedly based on, are still not the greatest when looked at as just a movie. As neat as they are to watch I admit.

My expectations are for a story that may have some elements from the games, a T-virus that makes no freaking sense, and a Clair that didn't know what Capcom was until after the 3rd movie was made (thus indicating that she didn't even look at the video games).

On the plus side, I think the Hunters will be in, and Wesker might do something neat if they stay true to the character.

To enjoy a Resident evil movie is to know what to expect... Zombies, lots of shooting, a non-logical plot, and Monsters. I am looking forward to watching it, probably when somebody uploads it to youtube.

jw1322

ive liked the movies thus far. they aren't really resident evil, but im a sucker for zombie movies and i think they keep just enough elements from the games to make them familiar. they're kind of like a re-imagining

Top Bottom