• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your believe in "HIM"

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't believe in God, but i respect people who. I believe in science, in what can be proved. If, one day, scientists find God, then i'll believe in him.
I don't want to offend anyone here, but i think some of the more influent religions in the world were made to "manipulate" peolple into having a certain kind of behaviour (that's not necessarily bad; they try yo make people follow a "correct" path in life, based in the values they teach).

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
GUNS N' ROSES!;55655 said:
i respect all of your decisions, but the thing is, i personally dont believe much in him, because some people give facts about the creation of earth, while others say it was god, of course i think that it is more truth that a giant explosion ended in the creation of our planet and others (big bang) than somebody saying -"it was god"- without any reasonable explanation or proof to that,
So, what if God set off the Big Bang? What if the Big Bang is part of God? The thing is, we humans can't possibly know what God is. God is something we don't understand. I believe in God (or a higher power if you will), but I can't explain God. I don't think Christianity can give a scientific definition either.
I do believe in science too and I see no conflict in believing in both. Of course I don't believe everything of what's in the Bible, holy or not- the Bible is a man made book.

echoey;55675 said:
Yeah god made the world now the devil runs it! lol >; |
The ultimate usurpation eh? :p

D

Deleted member 1428

Romero;55722 said:

So, what if God set off the Big Bang? What if the Big Bang is part of God? The thing is, we humans can't possibly know what God is. God is something we don't understand. I believe in God (or a higher power if you will), but I can't explain God. I don't think Christianity can give a scientific definition either.
I do believe in science too and I see no conflict in believing in both. Of course I don't believe everything of what's in the Bible, holy or not- the Bible is a man made book.

The ultimate usurpation eh? :p

Yeah cuz ya know, God can use natural things to do supernatural things. The Flood, for example, came as normal everyday rain, then it flooded the whole world which was supernatural. The Nile River turning to blood in the Moses story (forgot what that story was called so I'm just gonna call it the Moses story lol :lol: :D) could've been this red algae mega outbreak. So yeah, God can use natural things to create supernatural things. And yes I am a Christian and I do believe in God :).

BTW, whats an upsurtation :huh:?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Nemises;55865 said:
Yeah cuz ya know, God can use natural things to do supernatural things. The Flood, for example, came as normal everyday rain, then it flooded the whole world which was supernatural. The Nile River turning to blood in the Moses story (forgot what that story was called so I'm just gonna call it the Moses story lol :lol: :D) could've been this red algae mega outbreak. So yeah, God can use natural things to create supernatural things. And yes I am a Christian and I do believe in God :).

Haha, the flood is a copy of other religions. For example, in greek mithology:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"When Zeus, learned the degree of degeneration that the human race had reached, and after assembling the gods, had decided to destroy them[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. All crops were destroyed, and the work of a whole year amounted to nothing[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. What had happened to the crops, had to be considered as a detail of no significance, compared to the waves that started to sweep away houses and shrines until the water covered the highest towers. Thus in very short time the whole world was turned into a wide sea without shores. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lions, and tigers, and boars, and all animals that lived on land were carried away by the waves, the dolphin being the only one that could beseen among the trees of the woods. And also the birds drowned, for they fell into the sea not being able to stop and rest. And among those who were able to escape many died of starvation through lack of food.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But Deucalion, who was adviced by his father Prometheus in advance, constructed a chest, and having stored it with provisions, he embarked in it with his wife Pyrrha. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Floating in the chest over the sea for nine days and as many nights, they drifted to Parnassus, a mountain in Phocis, where they landed when the rain ceased. For now Zeus, seeing that the world was a stagnant pool, and the only survivors were Deucalion and Pyrrha—innocent, pious, and scrupulous of right both of them—opened the sky. As the rain stopped falling and the waters calmed, land appeared once more, and the sea recovered its shores. Likewise the rivers came back to their channels, the hill-tops became visible, and as the land rose up the trees showed their tops, and finally the whole world was restored.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Doing as Themis had told them, they took up stones, and threw them over the head, and the stones which Deucalion threw became men, and the stones thrown by Pyrrha became women."[/FONT][/FONT]

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Nemises;55865 said:
As an example; to usurp a throne is to seize and hold the throne by force without a legal right. Basically a coup d'état.

Kagara

I don't believe that a "God" created the Universe/Humans/ect. I don't see there being a reason as to why one would do so, unless it was for their own pure enjoyment, or perhaps to create some kind of "enlighted" humans/creatures. But if that was the case, why not just focus all the effort into creating those beings themselves? And why create such things anyway?

In my opinion, some people (Note I said some people) might see a God as a comforting factor because they are afraid of things such as death, being alone; or they simply refuse to accept certain things that happen in live, perhaps because it was something they did wrong and they are unable to take resposiblity for it.

That being said, I respect the opinion of others and their beliefs.

Nosophoros

I believe in God, although I do have a few questions. If God made humans in his image, then were angels (for example Lucifer) made in his image to? I do not believe in most of the bible, because most of it is so rewritten.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
aintnoscrub;55927 said:
Kagara you pretty much put into words what i couldn't so i fully agree with you there.
You didn't specify what you disagree with him about. If neither of you believe in God, what was it that Kagara said that you disagree with?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I didn't say i disagree, i agreed with him, what he said is what i had in my head but couldn't put into words

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
It turns out I can't read lol. First I read it as "... i couldn't so fully agree ..." and I misunderstood it completely. :p

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I don't believe in God one bit at all.
Not to say I don't like it!
I don't mind WHO people believe in, it's their choice! =)
But, I'm more into Science than believing in a deity.
I believe in the Big Bang, Evolution, yadee yadee yadarr.

D

Deleted member 1428

Ya know if the Big Bang occured then all the planets in our solar system would be scattered evrywhere, and besides, explosions destroy they don't create. Evolution cannot be proved because no one was ever there to observe it and if evolution were real, why aren't apes turning into humans at the zoo or in the jungle right now? If you look at everything in the universe it all points that it was created by God, not random prin pick explosions.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Actually the type of the explosion your thinking about isn't even on the same level as the one that occured during the big bang, and its caused the universe to expand not scatter everywhere. Why arent apes turning into humans now? Im sorry but that question sounds as though it came from a 3 year old, the evolution process doesn't take 30 seconds, it takes millions of years. Nothing really points to a so called god creating everything, science can bring forth facts, proof and a well balanced theory

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
wpstudart;55556 said:
Because, if there is a creator, why he would bring pain, suffering to his creation?

Some people (including myself) feel that suffering happens because God doesn't want to make us all robots - if He controlled a tidal wave to move away from a group of people, or if He changed the mind of the man who wanted to murder another human then would we be living and worshipping Him of our own free will, or would be just be puppets under the control of a creator?

Not saying that this is right, but it's what I believe and it's what some others believe.

D

Deleted member 1428

aintnoscrub;56029 said:
Actually the type of the explosion your thinking about isn't even on the same level as the one that occured during the big bang, and its caused the universe to expand not scatter everywhere. Why arent apes turning into humans now? Im sorry but that question sounds as though it came from a 3 year old, the evolution process doesn't take 30 seconds, it takes millions of years. Nothing really points to a so called god creating everything, science can bring forth facts, proof and a well balanced theory

Science can't exactly prove and do anything, it can't make value judgements and only says universal negatives. Plus it only looks at observable things. And actually evolution is crap cuz I think in history we'd find evidence of evolution. Evolutionists think they can look at one bone and say it evolved from this. I mean seriously, they think the whale came from a "wolflike ancestor". A whale is a whale, a wolf is a wolf.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Nemises;56052 said:
Science can't exactly prove and do anything, it can't make value judgements and only says universal negatives. Plus it only looks at observable things. And actually evolution is crap cuz I think in history we'd find evidence of evolution. Evolutionists think they can look at one bone and say it evolved from this. I mean seriously, they think the whale came from a "wolflike ancestor". A whale is a whale, a wolf is a wolf.

They don't only look at the bones and structures, but also the genetic code.
What's the matter with the whales coming from a wolflike ancestor?
We not only descent from apes, we actually descend from bacterias.
You think God made us and put us here?
What's your explanation for dinossaur and antient beings' fossiles?
Did you know that some of the biggest scientists were priests? Actually genetic was discovered by one.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Nemesis what you say is not really based on your own opinion clearly. You've heard or read something and tried to make sense of it and failed. How do you explain this god like being creating everything then?

Top Bottom