• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Would you like a remake on resident evil 2?

Red Joker

The Black Ace
As long as they don't change anything besides the graphics and add extra modes like mercenaries or something,I'm fine with a remake.:)

galactus

me too I agree with you Red Joker:) it would be Awesome if they didnt change things to much and added extra modes etc:cool:

always wanted to be able to play as the monsters personally like Tyrant (aka Mr X), Nemesis, a licker and a hunter for a few examples:cool::)

Albert_Wesker

Premium
I'd love to see a remade version of RE2, it would look incredible with the graphical capabilities of today.

Vamp 1911

Yeah, HD gaming rocks the show no doubt about it.:) Even RE4 looks dated when compared to the world art that they can give us now. But the audio / music and gameplay of RE4 still carries the day. Luckily!

If they did a remake they would have to give us the option of the camera, or half the game world would be very upset either way.:p

Albert_Wesker

Premium
Yeah. I actually think giving the player the option of the camera would be very beneficial not only to us, but to Capcom too. Then you wouldn't have people saying "Oh the new RE style sucks, it's not scary" or on the other side, you wouldn't have people saying "The old RE style sucks. It's boring."

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
After rewatching all the gameplay from The Darkside Chronicles Memories of a Lost City chapters, I realized how good a remake of RE2 could be. The graphics would obviously be fantastic as the graphics on TDC were already great. But a true remake like the one they did for RE1 could be amazing. There are sooo many little things they could add to make the game way better. Noticed how Marvin Branah (can't spell it) has a gun when you find him alive, but he doesn't when he turns. That's a great chance to give you a new gun early in the game. And TDC was able to clarify a few things that were a mystery in RE2. Like what happened to Sherry after she, Leon, and Claire escaped the city. They could also add stuff that makes the story more compatible with RE3's story. Like it would be cool if Leon looked out of the window of the second story of the RPD and saw Nemesis or something. Or they could make the Brad Vickers zombie with a big hole in the back of his head. It would also be a good chance to make HUNK's story more accessable.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
It's difficult to see a reason to not want a remake, for me the question is more what kind of remake do I wanna see. That I'm unsure of, but if the product is not rushed then I'm almost sure I will like it.

Albert_Wesker

Premium
The REmake was a success, I can't see why they won't do an RE2 remake. RE2 is, afterall, the game that made Resident Evil *really* well known.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
icydeath7;87501 said:
i think they should do another resident evil archives for number 2 i would buy that

The archives weren't remakes they were just ports. RE2 was already ported to the gamecube. They wouldn't port that old of a game to the wii and they won't make it downloadable for the wii because its already on the playstation store. You might as well buy a psp or ps3 if you want to play any of the original 3 playstation games. The Dual Shock versions of course.

icydeath7

The god of walls
T-Vaccinated Kid;87508 said:
The archives weren't remakes they were just ports. RE2 was already ported to the gamecube. They wouldn't port that old of a game to the wii and they won't make it downloadable for the wii because its already on the playstation store. You might as well buy a psp or ps3 if you want to play any of the original 3 playstation games. The Dual Shock versions of course.

well i might be getting a ps3 soon but its for the family -_-
im just saying they probaly can make the resident evils downloadable for the wii they ported resident evil 1 to the ds. and i was saying they make a resident evil 2 remake and have a copy for the wii:mellow:

Darkstar Darin

Wesker's secret project. D-Virus.
im all for remakes(originals r hard for me to find :( ) would love on xbox tho...
also i think the remake should have the original version playable...just for fun y'know?

Popo

of course i want a remake, and if it's as good as the other one, im gonna buy it for sure, pleeeas make it for ps3, i had to buy a gamecube to play the other remake

if they made the game with Binaural Sound it would be even scarier

BigBoss

If they re-make it in the way of lost in nightmares dlc for re5. That was one of the best gaming moments me and my buddy had. We are both old school RE fans.

I can live without the crappy camera angles.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I'd love a remake. I just restarted my RE2 game last night and am loving the trip down memory lane!

DarthDylan

I recently bought the REmake/REbirth of the original Resi and the owner said he loved the game and wished they brought out a remake of Resident Evil 2.It would be awsome because RE2 is my favourite.I probaly am not alone when i say that RE2 is their favourite.

BranBran

Your not alone! Although RE1 will always be my favorite. It was the very first Platystation game I ever saw and played, next to Twisted Metal 2 and Soul Blade! So it will always have a place in my heart. But there is just something about RE2 that EVERYONE loves! It's just one of those games that everyone needs to play before they die! ;-
So yea, a remake of the second game would be really cool. I have a ton of great ideas for a remake! For me, it is all about options so that all the fans could enjoy the game. Like some of you talked about already, the camera. Give the fans the option of the classic or over the shoulder like in 4 and 5. Also, I was a big fan of teaming up with my firends online in RE5. It would be a blast to team up with my BFFs (haha!) and blast through zombie heads looking for Sherry and trying to escape, or give us the option to do a solo play WITHOUT having an AI with us. :p

Top Bottom