• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Would you have liked to have seen REmake with the RE4 engine?

Hoady

It would be cool if they made a tribute/anniversary and released it all onto a console in a one package thing or however they manage it.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I don't think re6 would go bak to still camera angles, i think only hardcore RE fans appreciate the camera in the firs few, whereas players who discover RE as of 4 probably wouldnt like it.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
In the first RE game you could stamp on zombies heads, if you blow there foot off they crawl.. and headshots where very difficult unless you had a shotgun lol Plus you never had to organise your inventory all the time to make things fit.

This trailer is sick! shows a leg being blown off a few head shots an.. hahah how nice the graphics are.
watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFhQrp5Bhhk

aintnoscrub

Premium
Btw headshots were just pot luck in re1 with the handgun really, shotgun it was quite easy, just get up close and aim up, and obviously get hold of the magnum and headshot everytime.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Yeah it is, It doesnt load.. Hmmm try an copy paste the link into your browser.. it should work.

Hahah yeah thats true about the headshots, the sound effects where much better in the old games haha in a quite mansion you can things things abit clearer...

And I have a qeustion, I just checked the price for the REremake an RE0 I could go into my local CEX shop an trade RE4 for either the remake or RE0. without spending money loool
Reakon i should bother? Im getting tired of RE4 plus ive cleared it already, an seeing as RE5 is only round the corner..I wonder if its worth it? and what ones better zero or remake.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Erm if you havent played REmake then yeah definitely. Its such a gd game, in my opinion better than 4, but thats just me cuz i prefer the older ones, and if you've played original you'll notice a few new editions, like counter weapons, jill gets taser and knife, chris gets grenade, knife and taser i think. Plus theres a whole new area to the mansion.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Oh ive played it before an completed it haha I also used action reply to complete the game in under 6 minutes looooool, I havnt completed zero though. but there both the same lookin zero is alot more easy though.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I might try an get both loool Ive got loads of games I dont play, CEX is awesome you can check the exchanging price on there website so you know how much your games are worth.

Then you can look up the price of any game they have for sale X]

aintnoscrub

Premium
Ya i used to go to CEX alot bak when i used to play games loads, now the odd game i want i ll go to ebay and get it really cheap. Lol.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
rezerobi4.jpg

Let the old school begin

weskerfan

think about it!your walking down a hallway.you have an over the shoulder camera view,there are a few zombies walking straight towards you,plus the freedome to aim and shoot them anywhere on thier body.it sounds like it would be more scary in a way.i would love to play it like that.if they were to remake the game to be like that,seeing as it would be "easy"they would put alot more enemies in the game.:)

Ryan

No. They have already took away the Survival Horror concept from the newer games, don't waste the old ones!

Ryan

No, they have already took away the Survival Horror concept from the newer games, don't waste the original classics!

Hashmatt360

Steve is right again here. The clunky controls as well as random camera angles is what made Resident evil... that and the crazy puzzles you're constantly solving. Slowly, but surely that factor seems to be phasing out of RE. Moving more to a shooter than a puzzle game. Dont get me wrong, i love shooters, but i do miss the classic RE1/RE2 gameplay. Especially RE2's double disk interlocking stories... unrivaled IMO.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Ryan;23866 said:
No, they have already took away the Survival Horror concept from the newer games, don't waste the original classics!
If you play RE5 you'll realise they have taken survival horror to a new level It's more action survival horror if anything though. running for your life not getting killed Constantly getting grabbed by people... an there mouths like explode into some crazy ass ****.

Number1JillFan

RE5.;22913 said:
In the first RE game you could stamp on zombies heads, if you blow there foot off they crawl.. and headshots where very difficult unless you had a shotgun lol Plus you never had to organise your inventory all the time to make things fit.

This trailer is sick! shows a leg being blown off a few head shots an.. hahah how nice the graphics are.
watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFhQrp5Bhhk

Thanks for the vid to this legendary game!:D

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
By RE4 engine I assume you mean RE4 camera...well no I would not want that at all, I think that old camera and the new cameras are both great, and I do not want to see the games they have been used in become intertwined...as I would not want to play RE4 or RE5 with the camera angles, I don't want to play RE1 with over-the-shoulder camera.:)

Top Bottom