• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Windows 10 Icon

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
Just a little heads up to those who don't know (which I'm sure most of you do know, but just in case) there should be a little white icon to the bottom right of your screen, it says "Get Windows 10".

At first, I thought it was a virus, but I looked it up and a lot of people are saying that it is the reservation process for windows 10. Apparently you can reserve a copy and get it for free on the 29th of July.

I think only windows 7 and 8 users see this.

Sorry if this comes off as a spam post, I'm just letting you guys know that this isn't a virus.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
To be honest, I'm not even sure if Windows 10 is going to be worth it, but we'll see.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
A screenshot please? I'm using XP so I don't see it.
I guess this ad is popping up inside Windows, and not from websites through your browser?

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
Nope, it just suddenly popped up for me, and apparently for a lot of others too.

It won't properly show the picture I took, and I can't find any pictures online. It's basically the windows Icon but it's all white. It might just be for windows 7 and 8 users, but I've seen online that people with 7 or 8 aren't getting this, either.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
windows3ostb.jpg

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Windows 10: Not even once.
I'm perfectly happy with Windows 7, it's 8 without the bullsh!t.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I thought about upgrading to Windows 10 but after knowing that it will have unstoppable forced automatic updates I'll stay with 7 for now (hope it won't apply to Windows 10 mobile).

Last edited:
Top Bottom