• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why most horror movies do this?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Most horror movies have so much unneeded sex scenes...what the hell is the point...i mean seriously...is the story SO BAD that you need to throw in a naked woman to make it good...Sorry guys, but it dosnt work except on horny teenage boys...Am i the only one that sees this as unnessicary, and frankly, somewhat annoying?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's all marketing. It's mainly young adult males who flock to horror movies. And what do young adult males like other than blood and guts? Boobies.

I know...but...dosnt that seem abit...foolish...to you...male fixation on that...don't get me wrong...i love my girlfriends...but i'm not gonna go rent a horror movie to see some breasts becasue my girlfriend isn't giving me any if ya know what i mean...it just seems like they could put more into a movie than an unimportant scene with a topless girl...

KennedyShot

It is both a hindrance and plus at the same time. Sex scenes in horror movies sadly bear the burden of being a duality of this kind. Sad cause they are also usually a funny plot device to tell who the killer will get next/first.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
random sex scenes in horror movies turned me from a boy into a man! Very educational don't you know. Even to this day i have a thing for Hammer Horror beauties.

Hoady

Premonition of what we are going to realize.The world is a bloody nightmare and the only thing that gives us dignity or escape from that nightmare is a good root!!

Snakes on a plane went to a whole new level..the snake bit her tit!90% of horror movies are complete bullocks, guess a sex scene makes it worth something(or to lay scared pubescent teens).

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
gosh the only good horror movie I have ever seen with nudity is Friday the 13th part 1. And heres a good one without any sex scenees: John Carpenters The Thing

SpawnShooter

This party's getting crazy!
There are plenty of good horror films with no nudity, the Alien films for another example.

I don't think it's a case of too much boobage in horrors, I think the problem is not enough elsewhere!

On a serious note though, there doesn't have to be nudity in a film, however it's natural, maybe they want to portray the victims as normal people doing normal things.....no? I'm just defending the smut! :p but I always hear the argument about video games, like it's ok to have kids sat around cutting each others heads off or killing a village together, but put a sex scene in a game and either it's done so dumb like the chars moving closer and the lights dim or grunting noises off screen, my point is, I agree that gratuitous sex scenes in movies are just that, but sex needs to be more axcepted tin society......with that said

*holds up bottle of booze*
REN toga party!!!!!!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
gosh the only good horror movie I have ever seen with nudity is Friday the 13th part 1. And heres a good one without any sex scenees: John Carpenters The Thing
Are you talking about the original, or the 80s remake? Either way youre right...both are are good...

There are plenty of good horror films with no nudity, the Alien films for another example.

I don't think it's a case of too much boobage in horrors, I think the problem is not enough elsewhere!

On a serious note though, there doesn't have to be nudity in a film, however it's natural, maybe they want to portray the victims as normal people doing normal things.....no? I'm just defending the smut! :p but I always hear the argument about video games, like it's ok to have kids sat around cutting each others heads off or killing a village together, but put a sex scene in a game and either it's done so dumb like the chars moving closer and the lights dim or grunting noises off screen, my point is, I agree that gratuitous sex scenes in movies are just that, but sex needs to be more axcepted tin society......with that said

*holds up bottle of booze*
REN toga party!!!!!!
Oh i have not problem when sex is portrayed tastefully...But in horror movies its just to kill time till someone gets killed...I mean, horror movies have more nudity and sex than most romantic comedies for god's sake...thats sad...and when it is in romantic comedies its always more tasteful...

SpawnShooter

This party's getting crazy!
^John Carpenter's was the remake

and also agreed, when it's not done with taste it's just gratuitous, I think the only time however it's usualy done right is in dramas or thrillers, I find with some rom coms they can just be weird, but I spose in that case they are going for the comedy aspect.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
Are you talking about the original, or the 80s remake? Either way youre right...both are are good...

Oh i have not problem when sex is portrayed tastefully...But in horror movies its just to kill time till someone gets killed...I mean, horror movies have more nudity and sex than most romantic comedies for god's sake...thats sad...and when it is in romantic comedies its always more tasteful...
The original friday 13th, the 80's the thing.

Top Bottom