• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why did you vote for who?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So I have been reading the "American Adult's...!" Thread and want to know, If you voted, why did you vote for Romney/Obama?

As most of you may know I'm only junior high, so I was not able to vote. But if I were able to vote I would have voted for Romney. (Ron Paul at first, but obviously the rest of America didn't think so.)
Reason being: He said he would make Gay marriage illeagal (From what I understood.) Along with making Abortion illeagle, And lowering Taxes. I did not read much of Obama's view's because he was allready President for four years and I only saw him do one thing, end the war...At the end of his term. Of course ending war is a big deal, and I am proud of Obama for doing so, but again it is the only thing I saw major (With very few small things) That he did. There is still the same amount of people, if not more un-employed. And I have seen the cost of milk, and gas go up dramaticly...Since I have been on this earth. In conclusion, I guess I can be thankful that next election we WILL have someone different in the white house...
EDIT: I am soooo sorry, can a mod please move this to off topic disscusion?

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I voted Obama.

He said he would make Gay marriage illeagal (From what I understood.) Along with making Abortion illeagle, And lowering Taxes.

Romney wants to make gay marriage and abortion illegal? Well, sort of. Not exactly. Right now abortion is required to be allowed in the entire United States because of a court case called Rowe v. Wade. Basically, the supreme court decided that it should be illegal to make abortion illegal. That just means that everyone can choose for themselves what they think is right. Romney wants to change the decision of Rowe v. Wade so that any state can make abortions illegal if they want.

Right now, that's how it is with gay marriage. It's illegal in North Carolina but legal in many others.

My personal stance on both gay marriage and abortion is that they shouldn't be illegal. Even if I was pro-life, I'm not going to tell someone they can't get an abortion simply because I don't agree with it. Getting an abortion is not a small decision by any means and someone who is considering an abortion does not need their decision to be any more difficult than it already is. I know Angel has more personal experience on this issue-- so I'll let her talk about it if she gets the time to read this. Anyway, I think abortion and gay marriage should be legal so people can choose for themselves. Obama agrees with me, Romney doesn't.

I did not read much of Obama's view's because he was allready President for four years and I only saw him do one thing, end the war...At the end of his term. Of course ending war is a big deal, and I am proud of Obama for doing so, but again it is the only thing I saw major (With very few small things) That he did.

What?! Obama did tons of things while he was in office! Believe me, its impossible to be president without having to do tons of stuff! What about catching bin Laden or Syria?

There is still the same amount of people, if not more un-employed. And I have seen the cost of milk, and gas go up dramaticly...Since I have been on this earth. In conclusion, I guess I can be thankful that next election we WILL have someone different in the white house...
EDIT: I am soooo sorry, can a mod please move this to off topic disscusion?

The unemployment issue isn't fair to judge on. The housing bubble started before W. Bush was president. It started with Clinton. The market just happened to go out right before Obama was elected. He kept the banks from collapsing and kept the federal government from shutting down. To be honest, I think I could count on one hand the number of presidents who have been as responsible as Obama has been with the economy. Yes, he's borrowed a lot from China, but clearly we needed help. Now he's aiming to bring manufacturing back to US soil and cut military spending which will make paying back that money a lot easier.

You're right, gas prices will go up. That's because we keep using gas. There's less of it now, so it is becoming more expensive. Romney's solution to the problem was to get more gas from Canada. While this would make gas cheaper, it doesn't mean we'll have cheap gas forever. Besides, it also means that we will keep burning fossil fuels which are harmful to the environment. If we have more gas, then we can put off figuring out what to use next until gas just starts getting expensive again. The only way to get people to move their butts is to make them panic. I voted for Obama because I want America to focus on finding other ways to power our cars that will be better for us in the long run. If I have to spend a little bit more on gasoline while I wait for that to happen-- so be it!

That was my reasoning, anyway. I hope you found it interesting or, at least, justified.

L

Lurker
Starting an argument with a religion makes all of your reasons look a lot worse.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Good to know, indeed. I somewhat liked you up until now, but oh well.

I don't care much for politics and I'm not American either, but if I was, I would have voted Obama. Mainly because he supports gay marriage and because I don't want a conservative religious politician like Romney to rule a whole continent.

AgentZero

Good to know, indeed. I somewhat liked you up until now, but oh well.

I don't care much for politics and I'm not American either, but if I was, I would have voted Obama. Mainly because he supports gay marriage and because I don't want a conservative religious politician like Romney to rule a whole continent.

Wow... I really liked you to Hel... And I'm gonna be honest, you were one of my favorites on this forum. But now you don't like me cause I don't like Gays?

God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve

I guess your not gonna like the fact that I believe blacks should go to Africa, Mexicans should go to mexico, and Europeans, should go to Europe and so on. I feel the only ones that should stay here, are the ones that have more than 50% English in them.

But oh well, its better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what your not.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Wow... I really liked you to Hel... And I'm gonna be honest, you were one of my favorites on this forum. But now you don't like me cause I don't like Gays?

Wow... that's original. :rolleyes:

I hate to break it to you pumpkin, but you stumbled upon the gayest Resident Evil forum in all of the internet.

I guess your not gonna like the fact that I believe blacks should go to Africa, Mexicans should go to mexico, and Europeans, should go to Europe and so on. I feel the only ones that should stay here, are the ones that have more than 50% English in them.

But oh well, its better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what your not.
Agent Zero, I'd stop this while you're ahead behind. It's plain obnoxious and you're really digging yourself into a giant pit, pal. It's not nice what you are saying and I don't want to hear anymore of it.

I'm not impressed.

AgentZero

Wow... that's original. :rolleyes:
I hate to break it to you pumpkin, but you stumbled upon the gayest Resident Evil forum in all of the internet.

Agent Zero, I'd stop this while you're ahead behind. You're really digging yourself into a pit, pal.
LOL I know this is one of the gayest forums...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'd like the next post to be on topic, please and thank you.

Sorry, Femme Fatale, I hope you won’t ban me for disobeying the rules, but I need to reply to this discussion one last time.

Well, "sorry" for disappointing you, but what did you expect anyway? I’m sure you saw my avatar and the pictures I posted in the Arts Corner, you even commented on my signature, and you can’t have missed the countless (gay) sexual allusions in my earlier messages – how can you not have realised at some point that I’m the biggest fag hag, yaoi fan and straight supporter of gay rights on Earth? And in case you did realise, well, then what exactly did you think was going to happen once you come out as a homophobe? Did you think I was just going to say: "Well, okay, you and I have different opinions, but it doesn’t matter to me that you would hate some of the people who are closest to me simply because they’re gay"?

I’ll tell you something about me: I’m neither sexist nor racist nor anything similar, and even though I might come across as a mean bitch sometimes, my biggest wish for society is that all people can live together in cheesy peace and harmony someday. But that’s not possible as long as some people discriminate their neighbours for personal traits and preferences they didn’t even choose. And no, homosexuality is not a choice, neither is gender, skin colour, origin, or anything else you might be against. How well people accept minorities (and I deliberately say "accept" instead of "tolerate", because "tolerance" is just a nicer word for "falsehood") is usually the first thing I find out about new acquaintances, and if they fail the test, good-bye. I hate doing that, I really do, but there’s one thing you and I agree on:

its better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what your not.

... and I just can’t pretend to get along with people with such a nazi-like worldview.

God created the universe, the Earth and its inhabitants, and he allowed for evolution and common sense. Some inhabitants eventually became humans as we know them today. Among those humans, various groups began to arise that thought they were better than others, so they started to spread hatred in the name of God to subdue those "lower" humans, et voilà – religion was born. Religion is, by the way, the only thing I would "allow" you to discriminate people for; because people who spread hatred deserve to be hated back. That doesn’t mean, however, that God – if he even exists, I’m not sure about that yet – should be hated. He’s above that, and he certainly didn’t create people for the purpose of hating each other.

That's it, I'm out of here. (... this thread, not the forum.)

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I wasn't old enough to vote, but I would voted for Obama. Simply because I'm headed to college in 2014 and I need those Pell Grant things. I'm part of the "47%" so I wouldn't been able to afford college.

And while Obama may not be a good president, Romney wouldn't have been any better.

L

Lurker
And while Obama may not be a good president, Romney wouldn't have been any better.
This was the main reason I supported Obama. Romney had a lot of religious ideals getting in the way of his views. Obama wants this country to be free. Romney wants this country to go the way he wants it.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
*LIMBAUGHNIAN CHOP*
I see from looking at your profile that you're still pretty young, and I have to say I find it rather disheartening to stumble upon such a young mind and heart that are already so closed.

Anyway, I voted to keep President Obama around for a number of serious reasons that I don't care to get into at the moment (some of which have already been mentioned in this thread and some have not), but there is one semi-trivial reason I don't mind touching on; Mitt Romney makes me very uncomfortable normally, but the thought of him having any real power over the nation in which I live actually kind of scares me.

Top Bottom