• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Who else loves Barry besides me?

Zacmac90

C'mon, everyone talks about Chris and Jill but where's the love for Barry Burton? After all, he rescued Jill in Resident Evil 3, killed the 1st zombie with 3 shots, has the worst phrase in gaming history and helped fight the 1st tyrant....anyone else besides me wanna give a shoutout to Barry Burton lol

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
C'mon, everyone talks about Chris and Jill but where's the love for Barry Burton? After all, he rescued Jill in Resident Evil 3, killed the 1st zombie with 3 shots, has the worst phrase in gaming history and helped fight the 1st tyrant....anyone else besides me wanna give a shoutout to Barry Burton lol

Oh yeah, as if his horrid lines in RE1, his minor appearance at the end of RE3, his much improved appearance in the REmake and all the Jill Sandwhich jokes weren't enough, his RE5 Mercs Reunion role really topped it all off. Probably my favorite character to use in Mercs.

"I think he was killed by a crow or something".

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Barry is great! I wish they'd give him a bigger role lol. And lets not forget that he saved Jill from becoming a Jill sandwich!

"I have THIS!" Haha...my favorite Barry line :p

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Barry is great! I wish they'd give him a bigger role lol. And lets not forget that he saved Jill from becoming a Jill sandwich!

"I have THIS!" Haha...my favorite Barry line :p

Oh yeah, Miranda Rights, definately the best thing to happen to RE5.:)

sliced-bread-no2

"What! What is this?"
"What is it?"
"Blood. Jill, you see if you can find anymore clues. I'll be examining this. I hope this isn't Chris' blood!"

"It'd be best if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you."

"You were almost a Jill sandwich!"

"It's a really powerful weapon, especially against living things!"

In summary people, I love Barry Burton and his snappy one liners. I can just imagine him busting out the science kit for that first quote when Jill encounters zombies #1, although I can also imagine he just poked it and thought "...yep, definitely blood". Also gotta love it when he walks over a dead, gigantic decomposing snake and ask Jills, "Find anything interesting?"

codename: HUNK

Barry was cooler in the original ps1 RE. REmake made him out to be a little bitch. Gotta say it.

Also, in RE1, he had a kick-ass beard, but in REmake, it was a little red patch of peach-fuzz, and his face looked like a nine-year-old's. Just ruined the image of the power-house he began as.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Barry was cooler in the original ps1 RE. REmake made him out to be a little bitch. Gotta say it.

Also, in RE1, he had a kick-ass beard, but in REmake, it was a little red patch of peach-fuzz, and his face looked like a nine-year-old's. Just ruined the image of the power-house he began as.

Really? I thought he looked a little too, "lumberjack" in RE1, and even the second that you get to see him in RE3.

I liked the REmake's new look. In fact, I liked everybody's makeover thus far, all of the RE1 cast in REmake, Leon in RE4, Carlos in UC, Steve & Claire in DSC, etc. Not to mention the Outbreaks.

codename: HUNK

Really? I thought he looked a little too, "lumberjack" in RE1, and even the second that you get to see him in RE3.

I liked the REmake's new look. In fact, I liked everybody's makeover thus far, all of the RE1 cast in REmake, Leon in RE4, Carlos in UC, Steve & Claire in DSC, etc. Not to mention the Outbreaks.

lol, I thought chris' "black marshmallow do", as it was put, was kinda, eh :/. Then again, the actor in RE1 had wicked tall hair. Anybody else notice that?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
lol, I thought chris' "black marshmallow do", as it was put, was kinda, eh :/. Then again, the actor in RE1 had wicked tall hair. Anybody else notice that?

It looked weird at times....graphics, what do you expect.

Yes, I remember the tall hair, "No, don't go!".

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
I think he is a hero, he saves jill (and does it again on 3) and is just awesome. when i used to go to school. they asked me who my favorite underappreciated videogame character is, i would say BARRY F**KING BURTON and no one knew who i was talking about, all my midget friend knew about was the movies, a sad,sad existence.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
"What! What is this?"
"What is it?"
"Blood. Jill, you see if you can find anymore clues. I'll be examining this. I hope this isn't Chris' blood!"

"It'd be best if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you."

"You were almost a Jill sandwich!"

"It's a really powerful weapon, especially against living things!"

In summary people, I love Barry Burton and his snappy one liners. I can just imagine him busting out the science kit for that first quote when Jill encounters zombies #1, although I can also imagine he just poked it and thought "...yep, definitely blood". Also gotta love it when he walks over a dead, gigantic decomposing snake and ask Jills, "Find anything interesting?"

the reason the acting was so bad was because in japan they wanted to make it go to america, so they hired any americans living in japan at the time, none of them were actors. i love the cheese acting it was hilarious

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Hey, if you have something else to say, you should probably just edit your post, rather than posting multiple times.

I'm pretty sure there's a rule against double-posting, I don't know about triple-posting though...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Haha...dude...Barry is in my opinion the most human character...i mean i'd love to see Jill or Chris in the position Barry was in with Wesker...Chris it might affect, but Jill had no family...and at the time we didnt know Chris did either...Barry showed us that the STARS had something other than their lives to lose...

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Barry cracks me up. He's the only one that goes out of the way whilst fighting zombies to say, "Thank you kindly" XD

I liked him in the first game; he was one of the more sympathetic characters I think. He's in my top 3 choices in Mercs reunion. I like the Miranda Rights move and Gun Bash. :)

Cyberote

Big Barry Burton is awesome! I wish Capcom went through with making him Chris's partner in RE5. That would've made the game a hell of a lot better. He's pretty much nothing but a joke character anymore and that kinda saddens me.

Top Bottom