• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Which version of the game do you like the most?

Which version of the game do you like the most?

• Total voters

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
RichardB;69971 said:
Does the Wii version leave out any parts that the other platforms contain? -THANKS-

No. Everything that was in all the other versions are in the Wii edition.

If you don't have a GC controller or Wii controller then the laser is the only thing that it won't have.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Iced Digger;69923 said:
Yes, playing it on the wii is extremely easier than the GC or PS2. I had no trouble during the game, it was so easy to aim and control.
Is that only when you play with the remote control?

Dos;69942 said:
Not sure what he really means either- there aren't any added boss battles on the GC version. The GC version has slightly higher amounts of enemies in a couple of areas compared to the PS2 version (I recall reading that three of those were the water room in 3-1, the clocktower bridge in 4-1 and the mine cart in 4-3).
I remember we discussed this somewhere, maybe it was in your thread about your "no merchant run". I recall that the GC had more enemies in nearly every section.

The Major;69985 said:
If you don't have a GC controller or Wii controller then the laser is the only thing that it won't have.
What laser, you can't possibly talk about the PRL? It shouldn't depend on the gamepad. :confused:

RichardB

Premium
The Major;69985 said:
No. Everything that was in all the other versions are in the Wii edition.

OK, Thanks! Yes, I have a Wii controller and use the laser in REDC. I think it adds a lot to the game play! :D

Going to purchase the Wii version tomorrow at my local GameStop.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Romero;70027 said:

Is that only when you play with the remote control?

I remember we discussed this somewhere, maybe it was in your thread about your "no merchant run". I recall that the GC had more enemies in nearly every section.

What laser, you can't possibly talk about the PRL? It shouldn't depend on the gamepad. :confused:

The PRL was not the laser that I was talking about. The laser that I was talking about was the laser sight on the guns that you get. You know the red laser that pops up when ever you aim your gun.

ConvictedMP5

for me there is no perfect version of this game cuse the GC version has the best graphics but not much extras, wii and ps2 versions have choppy graphics but the most extras and i donno about the PC version. but if i had to choose id be the GC version as my favorite.

RichardB

Premium
I purchased Wii RE4 yesterday at my local GameStop. So far,
It is just like my PS2 version. THANKS for the help & info folks!!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I have heard that RE4 on Wii have graphics that are as good as the GC version, and I have heard that the Wii version have choppy graphics like the PS2 version.
I don't know who of you is right.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Romero;70284 said:
I have heard that RE4 on Wii have graphics that are as good as the GC version, and I have heard that the Wii version have choppy graphics like the PS2 version.
I don't know who of you is right.

It has the GC graphics. There is a video on youtube that shows the GC and Wii version of the game and the graphics look the same. NOTE: The video has a Japanese version of RE4 Wii so the decapitations are left out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO5Uf942Oxk

As for showing a comparison on both Wii and PS2, I couldn't find a single video, but remeber the Wii and GC have the exact same graphics. This video shows the GC graphics and PS2 graphics. The GC versions show first then the PS2 graphics pop in after. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qz0LbKpZtI

If I can I will try to find a Wii and PS2 comparison latter on today.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Romero;69584 said:

It sounds to me like you are talking about RE4 in general, but I meant to ask how is the Wii version compared to PS2.
Some author of game guides have said that the Wiimote makes the game so easy on Wii because of the aiming system. I think the game is a little too easy on PS2 so I wouldn't want it any easier.

If you mean comparing RE4 to other games in the series, no, I was comparing it to the PS2 & GC versions of RE4 though. Not really the PC version, as I haven't played it, but I doubt I am missing out on too much from it.

RichardB

Premium
I know that the graphics on a Wii system as relates to gaming are not as good as the graphics on other gaming platforms. My wife and I looked at a number of systems and even a PC just for gaming but we went with the Wii because of the software available for the system. We own two Wii's, the one in the living room is mostly used for daily workouts and mine in the bedroom is mostly used for RE gaming.

OurBoyJake

Ive played all except for the pc
and I prefer the ps2 because it has the most extras and you dont need to use a wii mote the whole time and i know that you can use a gc controller but its still the same concept

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
OurBoyJake;71043 said:
I prefer the ps2 because it has the most extras and you dont need to use a wii mote the whole time
Why don't you like the wii mote? I never tried it so I don't know.

tequila

Bottle Lover
Dos;69942 said:
Not sure what he really means either- there aren't any added boss battles on the GC version. The GC version has slightly higher amounts of enemies in a couple of areas compared to the PS2 version (I recall reading that three of those were the water room in 3-1, the clocktower bridge in 4-1 and the mine cart in 4-3).

I'm a "she" :lol:

There are added enemies in GC.

I'm trying to look up the mini battle with that huge creature in the cocoon. I can't find it.

I'll post back more info in a bit.

T-Virus Injected

I have GC, PS2, and Wii versions. The GC is the easier of the 3 I feel. PS2 being the hardest bc ammo supply seems lower out of the 3. The Wii have the best aiming by far. I always pull high 90s in acc in the wii version

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
T-Virus Injected;71542 said:
I have GC, PS2, and Wii versions. The GC is the easier of the 3 I feel. PS2 being the hardest bc ammo supply seems lower out of the 3. The Wii have the best aiming by far. I always pull high 90s in acc in the wii version
The Wii has "the best aiming by far", yet GC is easier? :huh: Has the Wii even more enemies than the GC?

On PS2 my accuracy rarely drops below 99%. ;)

Mr Sunshine

Romero;71582 said:

The Wii has "the best aiming by far", yet GC is easier? :huh: Has the Wii even more enemies than the GC?

On PS2 my accuracy rarely drops below 99%. ;)

I've never played a shooter on PS. Is it harder to aim with a ps controller than a mouse? :confused:

Top Bottom