• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Which Do You Like Most?

Which Area Do You Like Most?

• Total voters

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Village for me.

Castle is ok and had some good RE feel to it, but had a major flaw with collect the pieces and run all the way back just to open this door. Everything else was ok, but going through an entire level to collect the items and then running all the way back to the beginning to use them threw me off a little. Plus it got annoying with all the zealots going "Go Hitler, go Hitler, go Hitler." It gets annoying after the first 1,000 times.

Island - Fun and creepy, but I just hate the regenartors when you had the thermal scope, it killed them faster, but sometimes required to kill the plagas all around the stupid monsters.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
It surprises me that the village gets more than twice as many votes as anything else. Why is almost everyone preferring it over the other areas? Run down shacks that could fall apart at any moment... Forest with no colors. Almost as if the place was nuked some 50 years ago.
I do like the village, I just think the castle looks so awesome.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
If you have gotten to the castle, but ask people if RE4 is a first person shooter then that must mean you dont realise what a FPS game is right? haha Im only curious

FPS is like Halo where you see the gun and walk into the screen
Third person is like assassins creed you can see the guy running around..

I hope that made sence.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
^ It was not T Dot who asked that? If you refer to the "resident evil 4" thread, it was started by dstrattenfan.

T Dot;60819 said:
I hate the castle with a passion im still in it! cant wait to leave
Haha, why do you not like the castle? It's a beautiful place. Its inhabitants are less beautiful though...

Dos

When I first got the game I found the village by far to be the scariest in terms of atmosphere...partly at least because at first in the village you really don't know what is going on or what you're up against. But not only that, the lighting and the atmosphere in general of the village, especially in Chapter 2 once night has fallen (and also when the Plagas first start bursting out of the Ganados' heads), is more than a little creepy when you first play the game.

The castle has scarier and tougher individual enemies but a less scary atmosphere...though the zealots behave in a more zombie-like way which can be slightly unnerving at first...but the castle has a more 'civilised' feel about it which, for me at least, made it less scary.

The island isn't that scary apart from when the oven man bursts out at you for the first time and also when you're fighting the regenerators, especially before you can get the infrared scope. Just on that, is it just me or are the Regenerators actually a lot more unnerving than the supposedly tougher Iron Maidens? I find the possibility of having my jugular bitten through A LOT scarier than being impaled on spikes personally...

Overall, the castle is probably my favourite area though.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I don't think the castle was creepy, maybe except the mines under the castle. I just love the castle because it's beautiful. I like the mines too.

Dos

Romero;67851 said:
I don't think the castle was creepy, maybe except the mines under the castle. I just love the castle because it's beautiful. I like the mines too.
Most of Chapter 4-3 is kind of creepy- and fairly high adrenalin at the same time. You'll see what I mean when you get there I think. 4-4 isn't so creepy, mainly because it returns to the more 'civilised' feel of the earlier castle chapters.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Well, I love creepyness too. But for the most part I find the game cosy. :) I hope the next chapters will change that. XD

CassidyAcid

I voted the castle because I like being indoors.

I don't know why, it makes me feel a little safer I suppose. Sort of like "I know where I'm going with this!" . Theres no little paths into the woods to get me sidetracked :p.

Top Bottom