• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where are you from?

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I'm from a little known place called, Texas. None of you have probably heard of it. I am nestled on 6 acres of land inbetween Canton and Tyler to the west and east, and Van and Ben Wheeler to the north and south. 65 miles east of Dallas. I was born in Lubbock. Unfortunately I am also walking proof of the saying "everything is bigger in Texas." I stand 6'6" tall and weight 310 pounds (lost 20 in the last month) and wear a size 17 4E shoe.

Trinity

I'm feeling quite hungry,being away in a foreign country..so here.. In Montenegro you can eat and drink this:

Montenegrin cuisine

Montenegrin food

Montenegrin cuisine can be divided into nothern, Continental and Mediterranean. Nearly all produce is organic, and tastes are distinctive. A tradional from of cooking is ispod - 'under the coals' - in a pot known as a sac. The northern area featuries forests berries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, also herbal teas and wild mushrooms. They cook with sour cream ( kajmak ), yoghurt and both cow's and sheep's cheese. The finest kajmak, it is claimed, comes from Trsa, the highest pasture in Durmitor. Naturally flavoured with wild herbs, it costs 20 euro per kilo and makes a delicous dip. Dishes include stewed sauerkraut, lamb cooked in milk, peppers in kajmak and Durmitor steak. Montenegrins are noted carnivores. The continental area uses a lot of fish from Skadar Lake, especially carp, trout and eel, smoked, fried and in salad. They prepare smoked ham, cheese in olive oil, sausages and smoked mutton ham. Aounrd podgorica they stuff cabbage leaves with minced meat and rice, and carp with risotto and dried plums. The mediterranean holy trinity is wine, fish and olive oil. Olive oil is the basic of every meal with fish, salad and vegetables and suaces, with garlic and parsley. They gather a large variety of se fish as well as crustacea, and a lot of vegetables: chicory, asparagus, leeks, fennel and nettles. The corner cafes serve much pizza . When you got sick of it turn to the local staples of Njegusi smoked ham, smoked cheese and olives. Wash it down with vranac, krstac or Niksic beer.

Drink in Montenegro

Montenegro produces both red and white wines but the formes have more character. The terraced slopes of Crmnica are the source of the pick of the crop. Vranac is the best known and an eminently drinkable red, with a fine ruby colour and a Mediterranean character. Vranac pro Cordem is a vranac with a high level of prothoanthocyanidol and is marketed as being good for your heart. The third popular variety is Merlot. Krstac is a pleasant dry white which competes wit the local Chardonnay ( even in Montenegro...) and with a very decent Sauvignon. The real national drink is rakije, a white grape brandy which is the universal mark of Montenegrin hospitality and a great source of goodwill. The slightly upmarket version is Kruna, distelled in copper stills fired with vine twigs and wood, and the Podgorica variety is called Crnogorski
Prvijenac.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Where are you now, Trinity?

Your very good description of Montenegrin cuisine made me hungry! :)

Torque

I'm from Sydney, Australia ! :)

Though I am not a full Australian, I have some kiwi in me as well, which is essentially the white new zealander.

There are a few aussies here am I correct? I coulda sworn there is :D

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
AgentHUNK;69172 said:
I'm from a little known place called, Texas. None of you have probably heard of it. I am nestled on 6 acres of land inbetween Canton and Tyler to the west and east, and Van and Ben Wheeler to the north and south. 65 miles east of Dallas. I was born in Lubbock. Unfortunately I am also walking proof of the saying "everything is bigger in Texas." I stand 6'6" tall and weight 310 pounds (lost 20 in the last month) and wear a size 17 4E shoe.

:lol: Dude, I've been to Port Lavaca and Corpus Christi! I love Texas. My folks and I were discussing moving there last year, but a series of rather unfortunate events occured so we're still stuck in Alabama lol.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
tremor;69335 said:
I love Texas. My folks and I were discussing moving there last year, but a series of rather unfortunate events occured so we're still stuck in Alabama lol.
Really? I have been considering Texas too. And it was a couple unfortunate happenings that held me back.

Mr Sunshine

tremor said:
I love Texas. My folks and I were discussing moving there last year, but a series of rather unfortunate events occured so we're still stuck in Alabama lol.
Romero;69353 said:

Really? I have been considering Texas too. And it was a couple unfortunate happenings that held me back.

I've been thinking of moving to Texas too but a few unpleasing issues prevented me from doing so..

..like the fact that tremor hasn't moved yet! :lol:

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Fallen91;69355 said:
I've been thinking of moving to Texas too but a few unpleasing issues prevented me from doing so..

Actually I will be moving in a few months hopefully..but I won't say where. It's not Texas, that's for sure. :p

Trinity

Fallen91;69355 said:

Why? You live in such a beautiful country. I've been to Greece,Chalkidiki part and visited Thesaloniki.

Mr Sunshine

Trinity;69373 said:
Why? You live in such a beautiful country. I've been to Greece,Chalkidiki part and visited Thesaloniki.

Thanks! :D Yep! we have a lot of tourists every year.

In fact I've been playing silly really! :lol: There is no way for me to leave Greece unless there is a serious reason!

Besides, Texas is a loooong way, even with a plane. The furthest I've been with it was Prague and I was like "Please!! I want to get down! Stop the damn plane" :lol:

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Fallen91;69375 said:
Thanks! :D Yep! we have a lot of tourists every year.

In fact I've been playing silly really! :lol: There is no way for me to leave Greece unless there is a serious reason!

Besides, Texas is a loooong way, even with a plane. The furthest I've been with it was Prague and I was like "Please!! I want to get down! Stop the damn plane" :lol:

Texas is a long ways away even for me. When we visited last March, we drove all the way from Alabama to Texas. It was the longest car ride ever. Luckily I happen to love scenery so I was nice and occupied the whole way.

I do think everyone should visit Texas at least once though. Texas is like a country on its own; everything is different even from where I live. People from Alabama and Georgia have a slightly different accent than those from Texas. They have what you call a "twang" and not everyone there has an accent. It's an amazing state though...I would love to live in Port Lavaca; it's on the southeastern coast and it is gorgeous.

Mr Sunshine

tremor;69376 said:
I do think everyone should visit Texas at least once though. Texas is like a country on its own; everything is different even from where I live. People from Alabama and Georgia have a slightly different accent than those from Texas. They have what you call a "twang" and not everyone there has an accent. It's an amazing state though...I would love to live in Port Lavaca; it's on the southeastern coast and it is gorgeous.

Anyway, the only things that remind me of texas is "Texas hold'em"(Poker anyone? :p) and a tv series called "Texas rangers"? I could be wrong though :confused:

Trinity said:
You have the same religion,that's why Serbian people like you

I would vote for Serbians to Slavs any day!
Orthodox religion is a minority though, unfortunately.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Trinity;69373 said:
I've also been there, and you are right about the beauty! :)

Fallen91;69385 said:
I would vote for Serbians to Slavs any day!
Orthodox religion is a minority though, unfortunately.
What do you mean "for Serbians to Slavs"? :confused: Serbians are Slavs AFAIK.

I'm Protestant but I do like the Orthodox. I would consider converting if we had an Orthodox church here. I'm unhappy with our Protestant church because it is too liberal in its politics.
But I'm not a very religious person and I rarely go to service, so I'm not losing sleep over it (sigh).

Trinity

serbians,montenegrins,macedonians,slovens,croatian are not slavs.they are yugoslavs- southern slovenians. There's a big difference.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Who are the Slavs then? I must have forgot this, I think I knew it a long time ago.

Edit, what is the big difference? Religion?

Trinity

Modern nations and ethnic groups called by the ethnonym "Slavs" are considerably genetically and culturally diverse and relations between them are varied, ranging from a sense of connection to feelings of mutual resentment.

Slavic peoples are classified geographically and linguistically into West Slavic (including Czechs, Moravians, Poles, Slovaks and Sorbs), East Slavic (including Belarusians, Russians and Ukrainians)[8], and South Slavic (including Bosniaks, Bulgarians, Croats, Macedonians, Montenegrins, Serbs and Slovenes). For a more comprehensive list, see the section below on ethnocultural subdivisions.

About South Slavs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_slavs

Top Bottom