• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Resident Game do you want remade after Resident Evil 2

What Resident Evil should be remade after Resident Evil 2?

• Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Resident Evil 0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Resident Evil 4

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
an absolute dream of mine would be for the Nemesis REmake to be part of RE2. They could even release it under the subtitle Escape Raccoon City or Raccoon City Collection just like they did with the 0 and REmake remasters/Origins Collection. I wouldn't even mind if they made it DLC to RE2 since it was technically a spin-off of that game and does use some of the same assets.

That would be great indeed, but looking at the way games are made these days, and how many companies seem to value graphics over content, I'm afraid it would lead to at least one of the entries, if not both, ending up considerably shorter than the original. Didn't the RE3 portion of the Chronicles end at the police station? Granted, that was an entirely different story, but still... I doubt that Capcom could pull off a combination of these two awesome games in a way that would satisfy us.

Turo602

The King of Kings
That would be great indeed, but looking at the way games are made these days, and how many companies seem to value graphics over content, I'm afraid it would lead to at least one of the entries, if not both, ending up considerably shorter than the original. Didn't the RE3 portion of the Chronicles end at the police station? Granted, that was an entirely different story, but still... I doubt that Capcom could pull off a combination of these two awesome games in a way that would satisfy us.

*sigh* I try to forget that Capcom is Capcom sometimes and I get way too ahead of myself for a moment just wishing they were a good developer like Rockstar when they made Red Dead Redemption and still gave us good lengthy content as DLC with Undead Nightmare.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
It's because RE4 still holds up pretty well that it doesn't really need to be rebuilt from the ground up...

I agree.

But I'd still love to see RE4 redone with RE5's graphics engine, especially after seeing the Village in Umbrella Corps.

Zacmac90

besides improved graphics something I think would be cool is having the gameplay change depending on your health status and the way monsters attack. For example say your shooting a zombie and it grabs your arm and takes a bite out of it screwing up your accuracy till you use a healing item. Or if your on DANGER status besides the classic limping, your vision should start to blur and darken making it harder to fight or escape unless you have a healing spray or herb. Just my 2 cents, would be a nice bit of realism

HookerZombie

It's not on the list but I think a remake of Outbreak would be pretty cool. And I mean a real remake not that Operation Raccoon City crap. I want to revisit Raccoon City with updated graphics and play as ordinary civilians trying to escape the city alive and maybe they can combine the levels of File#1 and File#2 and maybe add some other new levels too. Outbreak never got the treatment it deserved.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'm all for whatever Capcom does with remakes, but what would make the most sense to build from the ground up would be 3 and CV. Zero and 4 both have been remastered to seem like newer games, whereas 3 and CV haven't. CV has gotten remastered, but you can still tell the game was made a long time ago.

RE3 was remastered for the GameCube.

That said, definitely RE3. That way, all RE titles will be playable for current-gen consoles with CVX and Rev1 getting remastered and RE2 being remade.

Zacmac90

Im hoping for either Resident Evil 3 and/or CV getting a remake within the next few years or so, Resident Evil 0's graphics still look somewhat decent today but if they made a remake of it I wouldnt mind. Resident Evil 4 is prob the only one I wouldnt really care if they remade or not years from now, maybe for a nostalga spot since it was the only "new" for lack of a better word, Resident Evil I didnt and still dont mind playing from time to time

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
Lets not emotional about this! In term of what remade would earns them alot theres nothing best then those two RE4 or RE OUT BREAK...

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Code Veronica, definitely. RE4 has already been remade a lot, RE3 was my least favorite in the entire series to date and RE0 has some pretty decent graphics as it is.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Code Veronica, definitely. RE4 has already been remade a lot, RE3 was my least favorite in the entire series to date and RE0 has some pretty decent graphics as it is.

Not to mention 0 was recently remastered as well and not even dated like the pre-Gamecube games.

However, I'd like to point out that Resident Evil 4 has never been remade. A remake is when something is, well, just that, remade. Built from the ground up to recreate something that came before. An example being Resident Evil on the Gamecube. A remaster however is what Resident Evil 4 has been getting. A re-release of the same game it's always been, but modified to take advantage of the new hardware it's running on.

Though, not all remasters are always good and vary in changes and quality. Resident Evil 4 is a great example of a sh*tty remaster that does the bare-minimum to enhance the product for modern consoles which is why many people would love to see it updated the proper way.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
However, I'd like to point out that Resident Evil 4 has never been remade. A remake is when something is, well, just that, remade. Built from the ground up to recreate something that came before. An example being Resident Evil on the Gamecube. A remaster however is what Resident Evil 4 has been getting. A re-release of the same game it's always been, but modified to take advantage of the new hardware it's running on.

You're right. The word I should have used was 'rereleased' perhaps. Either way, frankly, I'm sick and tired of seeing RE4 here, there and everywhere when they could be spending their time working on games that fans actually would like to see with modernized graphics at the very least.

HookerZombie

I agree RE4 has been remastered to death. I'd like to see Capcom focus on some of the other games.

If Resident Evil 3 got remade I would love to see Carlos treated as a main playable character instead of being just a partner character. Like the way Chris and Jill were both playable as were Leon and Claire in RE2 and RE1. I'd like to see what all Carlos was doing up to the point where he first meets Jill and they work together to survive. Or maybe they could even do like Rebecca and Billy in RE0 and have you switch between the characters whenever you want.

Speaking of which i wish they would have done that with Chris and Sheva in RE5. It kinda sucks that you have to wait until you beat the game to even play as Sheva.

Outbreak.. Outbreak OUTBREAK.

But I'd rather have a straight port with online functions enabled. A bonus would be if they made it HD and added re.net support that would be pretty damn sweet too!

Zacmac90

Im starting to wish I had put in Outbreak instead of 4/0 Outbreak is getting some love too which I wasnt expecting lol

HookerZombie

It's good to know that people still remember Outbreak even after all these years considering that it was a spinoff. I can see Outbreak becoming a cult classic. :)

ArabPikachu

On this thread, I casted my ballot vote for BH3 remake; that being said, a remake of BH Code: Veronica (as opposed to a 7th-generation HD republication and that PS2 Classic repackage on PS4) could work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom