• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Resident Game do you want remade after Resident Evil 2

What Resident Evil should be remade after Resident Evil 2?

• Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Resident Evil 0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Resident Evil 4

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Zacmac90

Assuming the Resident Evil 2 remake is a success like its predecessor (it damn well better be) what's the next Resident Evil you'd like a remake for?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
RE3 and Code Veronica X. I mean all of them eventually but I think CVX will benefit the most currently and next gen RE3 and Capcom completely remakes the game by making the areas larger and use the next gen console memory for the A.I. and allow Nemesis to be more free-roaming rather than scripted. While I am not really for an open world Resident Evil game. Nemesis could work for exploring this idea on a smaller scale. Lots of large open portions with still a liner progression structure. Lots of potential.

So CVX after RE2 and then RE3 next generation.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I'm all for whatever Capcom does with remakes, but what would make the most sense to build from the ground up would be 3 and CV. Zero and 4 both have been remastered to seem like newer games, whereas 3 and CV haven't. CV has gotten remastered, but you can still tell the game was made a long time ago.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I want a graphical remake of RE4. Polished up textures, higher polygon count all around, and a good resolution. No recoding or gameplay polishing, just graphical improvements.
I know that everyone and their grandma is big on the frame rate going at 500 fps but with RE4 I don't care if it's 24, 30 or 29.99. I prefer a more cinematic frame rate with this game, 60 just too soap opery. For something like 6 or even 5 60 is fine and even fitting but 4 is too b movie for me.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I want a graphical remake of RE4. Polished up textures, higher polygon count all around, and a good resolution. No recoding or gameplay polishing, just graphical improvements.
I know that everyone and their grandma is big on the frame rate going at 500 fps but with RE4 I don't care if it's 24, 30 or 29.99. I prefer a more cinematic frame rate with this game, 60 just too soap opery. For something like 6 or even 5 60 is fine and even fitting but 4 is too b movie for me.

I agree, however, I'd like them to have the option to use either both sticks to move just like in the newer games, and maybe even use RE5's physics. A new mode with remixed enemies would be pretty cool too. Other than that, I'd really like them to update those graphics big time. They can only polish those Gamecube graphics so much. It's time for a redo rather than another generic port.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I agree, however, I'd like them to have the option to use either both sticks to move just like in the newer games, and maybe even use RE5's physics. A new mode with remixed enemies would be pretty cool too. Other than that, I'd really like them to update those graphics big time. They can only polish those Gamecube graphics so much. It's time for a redo rather than another generic port.
Capcom might also consider paying those kids from the RE4HD project and use their textures.

Zacmac90

While I am not really for an open world Resident Evil game. Nemesis could work for exploring this idea on a smaller scale. Lots of large open portions with still a liner progression structure. Lots of potential.
Interesting idea, I wouldnt mind seeing a open world Resident Evil game. It'd be cool to explore more of the environment not to mention having Nemesis breathing down your neck throughout the game.

weskerondope

zero IS a remake allready, the original was for nintendo 64 but it was cancelled
i would like if they released a demake with the n64 graphics though

but the only logical answer is re3, and maybe recv after that

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
zero IS a remake allready, the original was for nintendo 64 but it was cancelled
i would like if they released a demake with the n64 graphics though

but the only logical answer is re3, and maybe recv after that

The game started out in the N64. It was moved towards the gamecube however. So not a remake.

If they're going to do 3 it would be in their best interest to do it like Re4 or 5. It would be a waste to have Raccoon city be so limited.

HookerZombie

I second that. Doing it in the same style as RE4 and RE5 would just **** off the fans who probably deserve an actual SURVIVAL HORROR game remade faithfully.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
How would that be in their best interest when the general opinion about remaking fairly popular games is to faithfully recreate the original product with the gameplay in tact?
I would normally agree. But aside from Operation Raccon city. The place has never really seen a 3D environment. They seem to know how to keep the general atmosphere of those old games so I don't see any real problem with changing it up.

And on the topic of that, what IS taking Re2 REmake so long?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I would normally agree. But aside from Operation Raccon city. The place has never really seen a 3D environment. They seem to know how to keep the general atmosphere of those old games so I don't see any real problem with changing it up.

Why is it necessary to see Raccoon City in an open fashion? As much as I love the idea of an openish-world Resident Evil game, I don't see why they couldn't approach the idea with a brand new game rather than messing with an old one.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Why is it necessary to see Raccoon City in an open fashion? As much as I love the idea of an openish-world Resident Evil game, I don't see why they couldn't approach the idea with a brand new game rather than messing with an old one.

More of a personal want. I just go back to the old RE's and every time they feel worse and worse. Both Original and REmakes. They're just so boring so I want some more change in the series. Just not in the style of RE7 or Re6.

Not to mention if it's "New" capcom always has a bad habit of adding more characters or doing some weird stuff with it.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I think RE3 would be the only logical candidate immediately after RE2. Some people claim that Code Veronica is the "true" RE3, but it still came out later, so skipping Nemesis and moving on to a Code Veronica remake right away would be questionable. But I wouldn't mind that game being remade too and brought to all current platforms after RE3, especially since there never was a PC version so far.

Why would anyone want yet another remaster of RE4, especially if it's just that, a graphical remaster, not even a full remake (which I could actually understand)? Not trying to invalidate anyone's opinion here, I'm just curious because... well. It seems that every time Capcom's sales aren't as good as they'd hoped, they throw a new version of RE4 at us, and there have been so many that by now everyone should have found their personal favourite.

And on the topic of that, what IS taking Re2 REmake so long?

They're changing Claire's voice again even though they know that almost the entire fandom hates them for it, so who knows what else they're changing? Give them time... Maybe the redesign of the police station and the new first-person mechanics aren't ready yet.

BioLence

RE3 of course.

This is the only thing that gives me hope that RE2make might be what it needs to be. It's from a supposed interview with Capcom last year:

"He believes that the key to remaking any Resident Evil title correctly—and listen up, other developers, because this applies to your games too!—is to check "not just the audio-visual assets, but the programming code for each stage, and analysing the pacing that makes it such a great experience." Or as Resident Evil 2 programmer Hiroyuki Kobayashi describes, to "understand" the intentions of the original game."

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think RE3 would be the only logical candidate immediately after RE2. Some people claim that Code Veronica is the "true" RE3, but it still came out later, so skipping Nemesis and moving on to a Code Veronica remake right away would be questionable. But I wouldn't mind that game being remade too and brought to all current platforms after RE3, especially since there never was a PC version so far.

Why would anyone want yet another remaster of RE4, especially if it's just that, a graphical remaster, not even a full remake (which I could actually understand)? Not trying to invalidate anyone's opinion here, I'm just curious because... well. It seems that every time Capcom's sales aren't as good as they'd hoped, they throw a new version of RE4 at us, and there have been so many that by now everyone should have found their personal favourite.

It's because RE4 still holds up pretty well that it doesn't really need to be rebuilt from the ground up like remakes do. Rather than releasing the game every generation with one tweak added each time like "now in HD" and "now in 60 FPS" they could have easily gotten a small group of developers to layer modern graphics over the old textures so that the game actually looks good in HD rather than trying to polish a turd. A couple of tweaks and options, better lighting and sound too, and you'll have a worthy remaster to an iconic and popular game in a year or less.

The fact that it's so easy and simple is why people like me would love a true remaster of RE4, because it seems so much more realistic and possible as opposed to a full on remake that requires far more time and attention to make. Which is why I'm so surprised it hasn't happened yet. Ocarina of Time and Halo have gotten amazing remasters as well as plenty of newer games.

But I definitely agree, I think RE3 and CVX should be remade but I personally don't see that happening anytime soon considering how long it took Capcom to get back to us with REmake 2. Also, I'm glad you pointed out that CVX is the true third installment in the series because an absolute dream of mine would be for the Nemesis REmake to be part of RE2. They could even release it under the subtitle Escape Raccoon City or Raccoon City Collection just like they did with the 0 and REmake remasters/Origins Collection. I wouldn't even mind if they made it DLC to RE2 since it was technically a spin-off of that game and does use some of the same assets. That way they get to kill 2 birds with one stone and all we have to worry about is one more REmake.

Top Bottom